Jos Hoiveld

Druggan

Reaction score
Well this lad doesn't look bad, I've only seen youtube videos but he looks absolutely solid.

Glad that we have a replacement for Caldwell and just hope he isn't as error prone. 3 and a half year contract for £2M from AIK, not a bad buy if he is as good as he looks.

He seems a bit arrogant, he puts himself across that way through his interviews, search hoiveld on the youtube for more of him.

He won Man of the Match very often in sweden, so he sounds good to me.

anorther good buy for celtic just like galdwell go buy a decent centre half like david weir

anorther good buy for celtic just like galdwell go buy a decent centre half like david weir
Don't ever claim that Weir is good again... The old codger is done and is a complete cheat.

ha ha just liek that mccmunaes what ever his name is

Not too sure, the Swedish league is quite far below most leagues. But going to the game on Saturday to have a wee shuftie.

This guy looks ok gotta be better than what you've got there just now?
He could turn out to be as good as Mjallby for you or he could be another Karl Svensson(remember him gers fans),Svensson was young player of the year in Sweden and one of the hottest prospects in Europe before we got our hands on him!LOL
Would have been more worried if you got a proven defender but time will tell!

This guy looks ok gotta be better than what you've got there just now?
He could turn out to be as good as Mjallby for you or he could be another Karl Svensson(remember him gers fans),Svensson was young player of the year in Sweden and one of the hottest prospects in Europe before we got our hands on him!LOL
Would have been more worried if you got a proven defender but time will tell!

Yeah, much the same feeling here. He could be excellent, but he's not really young. He's, like you say, unproven.

he jumped like a lassy thatguy Svensson lol

He had lovely hair though! LOL
******' awful defender,couldn't tackle,couldn't head,couldn't read the game and had absolutley no pace!

He had lovely hair though! LOL
******' awful defender,couldn't tackle,couldn't head,couldn't read the game and had absolutley no pace!
Svensson was bad but you just described Stephen McManus...

hoiveld career was almost ruined, before he joined FC Inter Turku in Finnish Veikkausliiga, after that, thing has started to work out for him

Our signings appear decent on paper so far Swedish player of the year (i think he is) and young Asian player of the year and we've gotten rid of quite a bit of deadwood, that never happened under WGS or MON, we'd end up keeping them rotting in the reserves for 2-3 years.

Our signings appear decent on paper so far Swedish player of the year (i think he is) and young Asian player of the year and we've gotten rid of quite a bit of deadwood, that never happened under WGS or MON, we'd end up keeping them rotting in the reserves for 2-3 years.
Doumbe is one such player.

Svensson was bad but you just described Stephen McManus...
Him that's been superb against teams like AC Milan, Man Utd, Benfica, Shakhtar, Barcelona...

He might not be he best centre back, but he gets a lot of undeserved criticism.

The reserve leagues been scrapped so these players find it hard to keep match sharp as they're not eligible for under's league's,makes sense though to move those players on dunno why Strachan bought Flood for in 1st place,he hardly ever played?

I don't have the most confidence in Mowbrays signings so far so this guy better do his job to the standard thats expected.

i wouldnt say he's arrogant jus tbecause he says how he feels doesnt mean such a thing, he's gonna be captaining the side versus falkirk apparently, either him or loovens

We have no suitable captains at our squad now that Robson is away. We need more home grown players.