ramkeshdy

Reaction score
Jose Mourinho Tactic 13/14

Intro: Hi guys, this year its been really hard to create a tactic especially on 14.3 and i have had a lot of trouble as well as you guys. I have replicated Brendan Rodgers which i uploaded a few weeks ago which was a decent tactic but it was a wee bit inconsistent so i decided to try what i feel comfortable with and thats Chelsea but I've had numerous saves with them where id just fall away after christmas but this one was different. I am a Chelsea fan and watch them every match so i have a pretty good idea of how they play so i have tried to put that into FM14.

The Tactic:
View attachment 398846View attachment 398844

I have chosen balanced with this because Jose changes it a lot in the match so its up to you to read the game. I ALWAYS play with balanced. you can see i have a JM C tactic but thats the same tactic changed to Counter. I don't know if that plays better than balanced but u can try it out. When i go a goal up and use retain possession and depending of the score/opponent, i will change to counter late in the game. If u concede, change back to balanced and remove the retain possession.

Now most people think defensive/counter when it comes to Chelsea and Mourinho which i will agree with but i have gone for something different here because this season we have combined quick attacking play while staying strong at the back. I have chosen shorter passing simply because thats what we have been doing and keeping a patient game throughout the season against weaker teams. Even though JM likes fast direct play i feel short passing was the right option and you do still get the fast play with this tactic due to the high tempo at the right time. This tactic uses ALOT of wing play with fullbacks and wingers vital to the tactic like Hazard/Willian this season. Deep DL is obvious as CFC lack pace at back but the faster CB you have the better because sometimes u get caught over the top with longs balls. JM loves his players to work hard and i have noticed the team have been closing down aggressively and winning the ball high up the pitch which is what we have been doing all season.

Positions: ( These are set to what i feel CFC play)
GK:
Needs good 1o1's because strikers sometimes burst through defence. The better he is at saving shots the better! simples
FB:These guys are on full back support which is what i felt replicated our full backs. They need to be good at defending and decent at crossing. i would probably favour defence over attack for these because the wingers do most of the attacking.
CB's: Just think Terry and Cahill for these positions. Play your quickest CB on the rights side as its set to cover. As i said earlier you sometimes get caught over the top so try and have someone with pace in both positions.
BWM: This is the Matic role although he didn't perform that good for me and want a transfer haha! this player will sit in front of the defence and lay simple balls off to other players. Needs to be tall because they are making a tall player at corners.
B2B: think lampard/ramires. This player will sit beside the BWM and then push further on in attack to support the forwards. gets the odd one on one. need good stamina
IF's: These guys are the hub of your team they create most of the chances. they need to be quick and creative. They will also get ALOT of chances so finishing is also vital. the amount of chances my wingers missed was crazy. they could of had 3 goals a game.
AP: The Oscar role. Will drop deep to help with transition and then will push beyond the striker and create and score goals. Needs good finishing because he will get a huge number of chances.
DLF: I feel this is what Jose uses and i had a huge problem at the start of the season as my strikers didn't score much so i loaned out ba and bough Martinez and he performed great so i would say use a big strong and quick striker and most of there goals will be from crosses and 1o1's. They also provide a lot of chances for the wingers so good passing is vital.

Results:
I won the Premier League and Champions league in the first season although we did lose a few silly games in the cup because i was messing around will counter and that and fielding weaker teams. Most losses were due to defensive errors.

View attachment 398871View attachment 398870
View attachment 398871View attachment 398868View attachment 398866View attachment 398865View attachment 398864View attachment 398863View attachment 398862View attachment 398861View attachment 398860

This tactic is not about possession, it about creating and taking chances. Now, i have leaked a number of goals due to silly errors and set pieces. it may be down to the marking so if you guys can tweak any of that to make it better then great. As you can see i have had some amazing results and some pretty shocking results when i was playing around with mentalities throughout the match.

Extras:
For training i used TC, very high and Tactic in pre-season with 50% match training. In the season i use Balanced, Average with ATT movement for teams you are favourite against even away DEF positioning when your not favourites. OI i i let the assistant do.

Used balanced to start with and then when u go a goal up click retain possession. If there team equalise, take the retain possession off. If you want to hold onto a lead or you feel a home team is dominating you change to counter.

As i said guys, you may feel this doesn't replicate Jose but as a CFC fan this is what i feel we play! questions are welcoming and feedback is always appreciated :)

Ollie

Only just seen this tactic will defo try it out on my liverpool save

A tactic without 9 defensive duties is no moucinco tactic at all :(
Also, no kill Messi instruction ...