Reaction score
View attachment 351511
Behind the Fiction​

Hello, I am an avid player of Football Manager and have previously created blogs on FMCROWD, but since that website has turned upside down with bots taking over I found fm-base and a lot of fascinating FM Stories and thought this is an ideal place to be to write a blog/story about my Fictional Manager Joe Hewitson. I have started a new game and fast forwarded time to the end of the 2012/13 season with Manchester United winning the Premiership. I then took over the Manchester United job and retired "Frederick Glazer" to then open the position for David Moyes to enter the fray and he took over the position. Roberto Martinez funnily enough took over at Everton. Below is a look at the final league table of the Premiership.

View attachment 351514

Joseph Hewitson

• Nationality : Scottish
  • Job : Manager
I am Joe Hewitson, 33 from Scotland. I am a new up and coming manager and I am eager to find the perfect platform for my Football Managerial Career.

Experience

• Worked under Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United
  • Worked for the Scottish FA in Youth Development
Style

• Attacking
  • 4-2-3-1 & 4-1-3-2 Formations
  • Strict
Favourite Clubs

• Celtic
  • Manchester United
Job Possibilities

View attachment 351512

Update Information

• Update to come once receive Job Offers from prospective clubs

Last edited:
I'd like to see someone start away from europe, i didn't get to the k-league myself so i'd be interested in seeing that. Just one point, your manager would of been 7 if he worked with Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen, might be better to change it to Man Utd.

Cheers Dex, I copied my about page from FMCrowd in which my manager was 49+ oops haha. :)

Wigan Approach Hewitson

Dave Whelan Approaches Hewitson

Dave Whelan has approached Joseph Hewitson about the vacant managerial position at the DW Stadium and has made Hewitson an offer that he may not be able to turn down due to managerial positions being snapped up thick and fast.

The Offer​

View attachment 351528

Last edited:
Man City Approach Hewitson

Khaldoon Al Mubarak Approaches Hewitson

Khaldoon Al Mubarak has approached Hewitson after the sacking of Roberto Mancini. One reason behind the offer is the fact Khaldoon Al Mubarak missed out on Josep Guardiola after he accepted the offer from Roman Abramovich.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already mentioned that Joseph Hewitson would be a good fit at the Etihad and it could possibly be one of the great rivalries of the Premiership with David Moyes at Manchester United.

Joseph Hewitson has commented on his Twitter by saying he is in no rush to sign a mega deal with Manchester City and will try to hold off negotiations.

The Offer

View attachment 351536

Last edited:
Woaaah that transfer budget with City :O nice start to the story too man.

Man City Approach Hewitson again

Khaldoon Al Mubarak makes second offer

Khaldoon Al Mubarak has approached Joseph Hewitson with a second offer which is a little better than the first offer. Joseph Hewitson had asked Manchester City if he could delay the offer for 1 week to think things over before making a big decision on his Managerial future that has yet to begin after being offered a position at Wigan in which Joseph Hewitson turned down.

The Offer​

View attachment 351656

Your Thoughts?​

I would really like your advice on whether or not I should accept such a monumental task of taking over the reigns at Manchester City or whether I should hold off and seek a lower league managerial option before making the big step up?

Last edited:
Start off lower league in my opinion, make your story as realistic as possible.

Cheers TamMcCann, I was hoping a K-League position would come up, but they all disappeared so fast! I will decline Manchester City and bide my time. Don't want to dive in at the deep end

Cheers TamMcCann, I was hoping a K-League position would come up, but they all disappeared so fast! I will decline Manchester City and bide my time. Don't want to dive in at the deep end

Quite right mate. I always tend to keep it as realistic as possible and go a team that has the potential to be a success but hasn't quite reached those heights yet, to me it's a lot more of a challenge. Anyway what ever you decide I'll follow :).

I'm glad to here that Korea is the new up and comer ;)

Blackpool Approach Hewitson

Karl Oyston Approaches Hewitson

Blackpool Chairman Karl Oyston has decided to approach Joseph Hewitson with an offer to take over the managerial position at Bloomfield Road after Dean Saunders resigned from the post.

The Offer​

View attachment 351709

Blackpool Beach here I come

Hewitson signs on the dotted .... line

View attachment 351710
Joseph Hewitson was today announced as the new manager at Bloomfield Road and is looking forward to the season ahead.

View attachment 351714
Press Conference

Reporter : Welcome to Bloomfield Road, how do you feel about your appointment?

Hewitson : Thank you, I am really pleased to have been given the opportunity at Blackpool and I will certainly do my very best for the club and fans.

Reporter : You were approached twice by Manchester City to become manager of one of the richest clubs in World Football today, but you turned them down, how come?

Hewitson : I didn't want to take on such a monumental challenge at this stage in my career especially when I have ties with Manchester United through Sir Alex Ferguson. Other than that I am really happy to be here at Bloomfield Road.

Reporter : What are your plans for Blackpool and how will you push forward?

Hewitson : My plans are to gain promotion in the first season and one of the major factors in my plan being successful will be the signing of Charlie Adam from Stoke if we can find the right deal. Also, keeping Tom Ince at the club will be instrumental.

Reporter : Sounds interesting, so you want to bring back club favourite Charlie Adam whilst keeping hold of Tom Ince. I am sure fans in Blackpool will be looking forward to seeing what will happen in the coming months ahead.

Overview

View attachment 351716

View attachment 351717
View attachment 351720
Update Information

• [*=left]Month : August
    [*=left]n-power Championship Overview
    [*=left]Premiership Overview
    [*=left]Transfers and Deadline Day

August + Transfer Deadline Day

August Results

View attachment 351802

An excellent month to start off with and the only result I really need to mention is the 4 - 2 victory over Q.P.R. where we were 2 - 0 down at half time and I was aggressive to the players and in the second half they flew out the traps and destroyed Q.P.R. magnificently. Unfortunately we lost out first game against Cardiff, but I am very happy with the team so far.

Table Overview

View attachment 351805
First Team Stats

View attachment 351806
From the stats I can see Craig Cathcart has been performing exceptionally whereas Rob Elliot has been under-performing after his arrival from Newcastle United.

Transfer Window Overview

View attachment 351807

View attachment 351808

View attachment 351809

I decided to bring in Rob Elliot to strengthen my Goalkeeper position, but Rob Elliot is not strong enough so I have signed Vito Mannone on loan and signed Radek Cerny for free to boost competition. I have also brought back Charlie Adam who will be vital in a promotion push. Also Mauro Formica has came in on loan to strengthen my AMC position.

View attachment 351810
I only sold Sylvestre on the final day of the Transfer Window to boost the bank balance a little.

Premiership Overview

View attachment 351811

Update Information
  • Months : September/October
  • n-power Championship Overview
  • Premiership Overview
  • First Team Stats
  • Financial Update

something about this story I really like, Your transfer out says you made 7.25 but you only sold 1 player for 2.5mil did you sell someone else ?

I use Paint Shop Pro to edit my images, I only cut the transfers that were made during my time, not previous transfers by the previous manager so it doesn't show all transfers which is why Transfers In totals £8m, but I only spent £2.26m.

So what do you really like about this story?

Capital One Cup Round 4 Draw Pool vs Pool

Pool vs Pool

View attachment 352045

The Capital One Cup 4th Round draw sees Manchester City v Manchester United and the other big game is Pool v Pool. I am hoping for a another giant killing after my squad beat Q.P.R. 4 - 2 previously.

Quality story. Really like the way you've set out everything and makes it better to read.