Joshhh

Reaction score
I'll be doing this story as realistic as possible, looking to buy 'Wenger style' players and trying to emulate the current Arsenal sides passing and movement tactic and style. There won't be many transfers as I'll look to bring through and develop youth from the current side and from the future.

Other Information:
Using LFCMarshall's V3 Update

I won't be concentrating on transfers as much, but I'll try to give a detailed analysis most of the time.

Malin handed managerial role as Wenger joins backroom staff

arsene-wenger101.jpg

Wenger will be the new Director of Football at his beloved Arsenal

Arsenal fans have flooded to the Emirates to wave goodbye to manager Arsene Wenger who declared earlier this week that he will be taking up a new role at Arsenal football club. Wenger is Arsenal's most successful manager in terms of trophies along with being the club's longest serving manager. His Arsenal career span from 1996 when he was appointed the successor of Bruce Rioch. He guided the club to their second league and cup double in his first full season at Highbury. He has won 2 further league titles in 2002 and 2004. He had an impressive record in the FA Cup in which he has won 4 times. In 2006 he took his side to the Champions League final where his side was narrowly defeated by Barcelona.

Rookie manager Josh Malin has took charge of first team affairs on a 3 year deal, after completing a managerial apprenticeship under Wenger himself. In his first interview after stepping down from the managerial post, here is what he had to say -

"Arsenal is a wonderful football club and I am sorry to all the fans I have left behind. I have been in charge here for 15 years now and as much I have enjoyed every moment I felt it was time to step down. I am still going to play an integral part within the club, and I'll forever be connected with them. Malin is a great lad with loads of potential aswell as current tactical and motevation skills, and I believe the players are a bunch who will warm to him immediately and give him as much support as they can. Once again, thankyou to everybody who supported me in my time as manager and I'm hoping you'll be just as good if not better for the new man at the helm.

Key Players..

Talisman and captain Cesc Fabregas will be key to Arsenal's fortunes. If he performs, Arsenal perform and with him likely to be positioned in a slightly more advanced role the manager and fans will be hoping he can chip in with a fair few goals and assists this season.

View attachment 141004

After Arsenal's goalkeeping crisis of late, Wojciech Szczesny has stepped up and has staked a claim to be Arsenal's number one. Malin will give him his chance and it will be up to him to perform on the day.

View attachment 141003

Jack Wilshere, hailed as England's brightest talent in decades will be key to Arsenal's plans. Playing in the centre of midield alongside Alex Song the young man must be the creative one, unlocking Premiership defences and supporting the attack.

View attachment 141005

This guy's the nearest Arsenal have got to a 20 goal a season man. If he can keep fit, and it's a massive if, he could fire Arsenal to the top of the Premiership within no time.

View attachment 141006

Samir Nasri will have to up his game this season after failing to perform and impress in the previous seasons as an Arsenal player. Hailed as the 'wing wizard' he's going to be crucial to how Arsenal perform and to provide Van Persie and co. with the chances they require.

View attachment 141007

brilliant update! like the information! keep it up :D

Looks good. If you want a realistic arsenal tactic download mantralux's real arsenal 4-2-3-1

Good pre-season for the Gunners

3842aa4b630cb6a855de38afbff5aac7-getty-fbl-eur-c1-eng-arsenal-training.jpg

Now the hard work starts for the Gunners

Arsenal sailed through pre-season winning all 7 games scoring 27 in the process. However, Malin had reserved special praise for his defense after they conceded 0 throughout pre-season. Nasri, Koscielny and Szczesny particularly impressed the fans but there was also reviews raving about the performances of high flying Theo Walcott.

After Malin took on the 'Wenger Style' approach, bringing in no new faces, the favoured line up seems to be something like this:-
GK - Wojciech Szczesny
LB - Gael Clichy
CB - Laurent Koscielny
CB - Thomas Vermaelen
RB - Bakary Sagna
CM - Alex Song
CM - Jack Wilshere
AML - Samir Nasri
AMC - Cesc Fabregas
AMR - Theo Walcott
CF - Robin Van Persie

A behind closed doors friendly against Arsenal Reserves gave new manager Josh Malin chance to assess his players and tactics before the real test arrived. He seemed to hit the nail right on the head however, as his side made it look easy as they recorded a 6-0 win in his first unofficial managerial debut.

View attachment 141037

Solid start for the Gunners

Aston Villa 2-2 Arsenal (Van Persie x2)
Arsenal 4-0 Sunderland (Walcott x2, Van Persie, Wilshere)
Fulham 1-3 Arsenal (Van Persie, Arshavin, Vermaelen)

vanpers460.jpg

Van Persie was instumental in Arsenal's opening 3 games

Arsenal enjoyed a good start to the season, picking up 7 out of a possible 9 points. They kicked off the campaign against big spenders of the summer, away at Aston Villa. They dominated through out the first half despite being 2-1 down at half time, trailing to 2 Seamus Coleman goals. Van Persie came to his sides rescue equaling the match in the 85th minute with a thunderbolt of an effort.

Arsenal looked to expand on their creditable draw with a home performance against Steve Bruce's Sunderland side. They passed the ball well, with a pass completion of 85%, along with 64% of possession. Van Persie added to his double from the opening game with another well executed finish latching on from a Fabregas through ball. Wilshere opened his account for the season when he calmly slotted home a penalty, sending Gordon the wrong way. However, there was only one man who stood out in todays game and it was Arsenal right winger Theo Walcott. He opened the scoring with a pacey run from inside his own half before smashing into the roof of the net. He doubled his season total when he tapped in from 6 yards converting a Samir Nasri cross.

Following an emphatic victory over Sunderland, Arsenal faced Fulham at Craven Cottage. In came Tomas Rosicky for Fabregas who had picked up a knock in the game before hand. It was a Rosicky corner which resulted in the opener, setting up Vermaelen for his first of the campaign. Van Persie doubled Arsenal's lead with his 4th of the season, as his free-kick rocketed in past the helpless Mark Schwarzer. Simon Davies scored what could be the goal of the season as he cut inside from the left before smashing the ball into the top corner from 30 or so yards. However, Arsenal continued to press and Arshavin replied with yet another spectacular effort lobbing Schwarzer from the edge of the box. Arsenal end August with 7 points from a possible 9, as they sit in 2nd behind Bolton.

View attachment 141257

ill follow, looks sweet (A)

Cheers mate, I'll get a few more updates in over the weekend ^^)

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Mixed September for Arsenal

Arsenal 1-0 Wolves (Arshavin)
Arsenal 4-2 Rubin Kazan (Champions League Group Stage) (Van Persie, Walcott x3)
Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal (Van Persie)
Wigan 0-2 Arsenal (Carling Cup 3rd Round) (Eboue, Chamakh, Wilshere sent off)
Arsenal 3-0 Blackpool (Diaby, Fabregas, Koscielny)
Werder Bremen 1-0 Arsenal (Champions League Group Stage)

306118746-soccer-barclays-premier-league-wigan-athletic-v-arsenal-dw-stadium.jpg

Arsenal kicked off September with entertaining Wolves at the Emirates. They dominated throughout creating many chances, but Hennesey was in top form. Fabregas missed a penalty in the 34th minute after Van Persie went down from a Zubar challenge. When Arshavin came on in the 43rd minute, he made an immediate impact finishing well past the on-rushing Hennesey, which eventually proved to be the winner.

After dominating against Wolves, Arsenal kicked off their European adventure when Rubin were the visitors at the Emirates. This time they dominated and took their chances, going 2 nil to the good inside 15 minutes, goals coming from Van Persie and Walcott. They continued to dominate through to half time, with the score being 3-0, following another Walcott goal. Rubin pulled on back through Petr Bystrov as he executed a well thought out free kick from around 25 yards. Fredy Montero gave Rubin hope when he converted a penalty in the 71st minute, leaving Arsenal fans biting their nails. However, Theo Walcott wrapped up the points when he completed his hat-trick in bizarre fashion.

Josh Malin's first North London derby came at White Hart Lane as Spurs entertained his Arsenal side. The game started well for Arsenal as they took the lead within 2 minutes when Van Persie fired in low from 18 yards. Spurs equalised in the 48th minute through a Jermaine Defoe goal, as he converted from 12 yards after Jenas was awarded a penalty after he went down from a Koscielny push. Things went from bad to worse for Arsenal when Van Der Vaart scored an absolute pearler from 30 yards, leaving Szczesny helpless. Arsenal were given a chance to grab a point from a game they deserved nothing when Bendtner stepped up to the oche, when Arsenal were awarded the 2nd spot kick of the game. However Bendtner smashed it over breaking Arsenal hearts.

Arsenal kicked off their Carling Cup campaign against Premier League strugglers Wigan. They fielded a second string side, leaving out the likes of Song, Fabregas, Walcott and Van Persie. In came Conor Henderson, Chamakh, Squillaci and Ignasi Miquel notably. Jack Wilshere was dismissed in the 38th minute from after a wreckless challenge on Wigan midfielder Ben Watson. Eboue eased Arsenal's worries when he followed up a Henderson effort to tap in from 4 yards or so. Chamakh doubled Arsenal's lead when he got his first goal for the club following a Rhys Murphy cross. Arsenal will host Chelsea in the 4th round of the cup.

Arsenal welcomed Blackpool to the Emirates, looking for an easy 3 points. Blackpool started the brighter of the 2 sides testing Arsenal keeper' Wojciech Szczesny a number of times. Arsenal took the lead against the run of play when Koscielny headed in from the back post, following a Rosicky corner. Arsenal looked in complete control after that, doubling their lead on 51 minutes from captain Cesc Fabregas. They wrapped up the points on 70 minutes when Diaby tapped in from a Walcott cross.

Werder Bremen looked to put a dent in Arsenal's armour after a faultless performance against Rubin Kazan in the opening game of the competition. It was a dull game throughout with a scrappy goal being the decisive one. Chelsea old boy Cladio Pizarro tapped in from a Zeman cross which failed to be cleared.

What do you guys think of the layout? Any way it could be improved? :)