Journeyman Series - The Return of the Addict!

Fm Addict AB

Reaction score
View attachment 361372

ALDOSIVI – ARGENTINIAN SECOND DIVISION

My First Club on my journeyman series will be Aldosivi, who are in the Argentinian Second Division, the equivalent of the Championship in England.
They are media predicted 7th​ in the league this year, but I feel that with the right investment, we can get promoted this year, as the top three go up to the Premier League.
With the money at the club not being readily available, and the players at the club not being good enough, I had to go into the free transfer and loan markets. I released a whole host of players who were not good enough and who could not generate a transfer fee. My marque signings are Andres Diaz, Juan Jaime and Diego Celis.

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 361375

My squad I feel is capable of challenging for promotion, but it may lack slightly in depth. I am very strong up front and at centre back but the wide areas are my biggest weaknesses.

KEY PLAYERS

Andres Diaz

View attachment 361370

Facundo Nasif

View attachment 361374

Diego Celis

View attachment 361373

SEASON EXPECTATIONS
League – Top 5, pushing for top 3
Copa Argentina – Be competitive, blood youngsters and use fringe players to gain match practice.

So that’s it for my first update. My next update will be to review the first half of the season, up until mid-December, where we have a winter break until mid-February. I hope that by then we will be close to the top 3 in the league and the Copa Argentina won’t be a complete waste of time. All feedback is welcome and I hope ye will all follow and enjoy my journey through the world leagues!

Aldosivi Update #2

View attachment 362483

Aldosivi – August to December

League

View attachment 362485

The League has been a disappointment so far, as we have struggled for consistency after a decent start. An 11th​ place standing half way through is not ideal, but we have time on our side in order to push on for the second half of the season. Considering the board only expect us to gain a respectable position in the league, they aren’t worried too much at the moment. If we can push up the league in the second half of the season to 6th​ or 7th​, I will be happy. A few new signings are needed however to make this second half push.

Top 3 Results

v Banfield – 1-0

View attachment 362486

As I began my reign in charge of Aldosivi, the last thing I needed on the opening day was a game against former Argentinian powerhouses Banfield. However, to my surprise, we dominated from start to finish and came away with a superb 1-0 win thank to my hit and miss striker, Jhonathan Ramis.

v Boca Unidos – 7-3

View attachment 362488

My team struggles to get goals earlier in the season, until this game came along! However what erks me about this game is the fact that we conceded 3 goals against an average side. Diego Celis was the star of the show scoring half of his season tally in this game. My star midfielders Enrique Seccafien and Andres Diaz got one each, as did my rejuvenated striker Pablo Vazquez.

v Defensa y Justicia – 5-2

View attachment 362489

Once again, another goal feast, and once again, too many goals conceded from needless position by us. My midfield dynamo, and all-round superstar Andres Diaz scored a hattrick from DM and have been a revelation since signing in the summer. Juan Jaime and Diego Celis grabbed one each, but our defending was once again suspect, despite my tankimal (tank and animal) Facundo Nasif staring in centre-half so far this season.

Copa Argentina

v Lanus – 2-4

View attachment 362490

A shambolic first half performance was our downfall here as we were outclassed by superior opposition in Lanus. Being 4-0 down at half time wasn’t the half we were hoping for, but the shining light was the second half performance, anchored by goal scorers Seccafien and Briones. Let’s move from that!

Player of the Season so far…

Andres Diaz

View attachment 362492View attachment 362491

Diaz has been nothing short of brilliant so far this season, and considering he is my most defensive midfielder, he has proved invaluable in both halves of the pitch. I am surprised how he has only got 2 PoM’s so far, but his 5 goals and 4 assists from DM prove that he is a key figure in the team.

In The Boardroom

View attachment 362493

The board are pretty happy with my role as manager so far, but I feel we can do better. Hopefully we will push in the second half of the season.

Well that’s it for now folks. The next update will be in February when the transfer window will have just shut and the season will be about to resume. I’ll see ye then! Don’t be afraid to comment and offer advice, I’m all ears! See ye soon!

Aldosivi Update #3

View attachment 362511

Aldosivi – Mid-Season Transfer Window

With the defence clearly needing a shake after way too many goals being conceded in the first half of the season, I am delighted to announce my new signings. Coming in are Nelson Cordoba, Ramiro Rodriquez Rendon and Damian Nieto. However with these incomings, departures were imminent. Leaving the clubs after some suspect performances during the season are Dario Cajaravilla, Nahuel Roselli and Walter Zunino.

Transfers In

View attachment 362513

Nelson Cordoba – CB – Loan from Crucero del Norte

Cordoba is a competent centre half who I feel will provide good competition for a place in the side. At 24, he is at a good age, but his stats are not close to those of Nasif and Oliveira, who clearly will be my starting centre-backs. However, Cordoba is a very good back-up, and is also equally adaptable to the right-back position. At the end of the day, depth in the squad is what was needed and Cordoba is very suitable to this role.

View attachment 362514

Ramiro Rodriguez Rendon – LM – Loan from Sol de America

Rendon arrives as adequate cover for Julian Ruelli at the left side of midfield. During the first half of the season, I had no back-up LM, forcing me to use full-backs Malcorra and Roselli there, and considering these players were struggling in their own positions, a change in position was not ideal. Statistically Rendon is not superb, but his composure, stamina and dribbling will come in for good use during the second half of the season.

View attachment 362515

Damian Nieto – LB – Free Transfer

Nieto arrives to compete with Malcorra for the left back position. Malcorra has been very inconsistent so far, so good competition is vital in order to push the game ratings up. Nieto is an experienced left back, and bringing good stats to Aldosivi. His heading, tackling and marking are very competent and he looks to be ideal competition for the second half of the season.

Transfers Out

View attachment 362518

Dario Cajaravilla – CB - £30k to Racing Club

View attachment 362516

Nahuel Roselli – RB - £220k to Belgrano

View attachment 362517

Walter Zunino – LB – Released

All three players featured sparingly during the season, and when they did make it to the pitch, their performances were under par, and not at a good enough standard for Aldosivi. Cajaravilla, as vice-captain, had certain expectations of him, and he clearly didn’t live up to these. His performances were not up to scratch and his departure was imminent. Roselli started the season as the 1st​ choice right back, but after some suspect performances found himself behind Hernan Lamberti in the pecking order. Though his performances were ok, they weren’t anything to be proud of. Finally, Zunino was just brutal. He featured only 3 times during the season, each time lowering his standards. The sooner he left the better for everyone.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 362519

Diaz steps up to vice-captaincy

After his superb start to the season, Andres Diaz has been appointed vice-captain of Aldosivi after the departure of Dario Cajaravilla. Everyone at the club is happy with the new appointment, as Diaz is seen as a pivotal figure at the club.

That’s it for this update. The next instalment will review the league fixtures during February and March, as we try to push up the table towards the promotion places. Thanks for having a look and I hope ye are enjoying the story!

Last edited: