JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Woody

Reaction score
INTRODUCTION:

Hi guys, after only a week of playing the new game ive decided to release a new tactic after having decent success with it and seeing quite a few people struggling badly with the new game. Hopefully it will show how a simple common sense approach can deliver a reasonable amount of success and hopefully encourage some of you to create your own tactics and have the confidence to persevere with them. This is pretty much the first and only tactic i created for the new game apart from a few tweaks post patch.

THE TACTIC

As the title says its a simple 442 with the emphasis on balance in both defence and attack, 3 outfield players on defensive duty, 4 on support and 3 on attack, the classic balanced set up. Testing it in the Dutch league with Heerenveen ive won the title twice and one Dutch cup before moving to PSV. In no way is this the perfect tactic, it won't win the Prem with Stoke in the first season nor does it exploit the match engine in any way, its simply a solid and simple 442 which with some common sense and patience will deliver success and hopefully show the ease in which tactics can be made using the wizard. The fact ive only used it in the Dutch league so far is a slight worry, ideally i would of liked to test in England but nevermind, ill soon find out if it works or not.

PLAYERS KEY STATS WHEN BUYING:

GK: handling & reflexes

DR/DL (supporting full backs) tackling & concentration

DCR/DCL (Centre backs) heading & concentration

MCR (defensive deep lying playmaker) passing & tackling

MCL (supporting deep lying playmaker) passing & creativity

MR/ML (attacking wingers) crossing & dribbling

STCR (supporting complete forward) heading & strength

STCL (poacher) finishing & pace

NEED TO KNOW

1. I didn't use any opposition instructions during my save.

2. I used no shouts, however i have used the wizard so if you want to use them you can, if they don't work though don't blame me.

3. Use a Small pitch

4. No special training instructions used:

General training default focus was team cohesion on average.

Match training tactics only.

Individual training ask the assistant.

Coaches, ask the assistant to assign.

5. Team talks, pre match i always use a "for the fans" talk. HT if winning either "you're capable of better" or "don't get complacent" HT if losing or drawing, use any aggressive talk. FT praise a win or good draw. A poor result use aggressive talk.

View attachment 284893 View attachment 284894 View attachment 284897 View attachment 284898 View attachment 284895 View attachment 284896

Finally good luck, if it works for you great, if not meh.

DOWNLOAD

NEW COUNTER ATTACKING VERSION!

Ive made a counter attacking version of my successful solid & simple 442. I did try and make a 4231 version but came back to the 442 because it simply works so much better. It actually works better than the simple and solid in my opinion and ive enjoyed the football produced. Quick wingers and quick poacher are a must in my opinion to get the very best from it. Enjoy!

PLAYERS KEY STATS WHEN BUYING:

GK: handling & reflexes

DR/DL (supporting full backs) tackling & concentration

DCR/DCL (Centre backs) heading & concentration

MCR (defensive deep lying playmaker) passing & tackling (main playmaker because the team play very deep, he starts the counter)

MCL (attacking advanced playmaker) passing & creativity

MR/ML (attacking wingers) pace & dribbling

STCR (supporting complete forward) heading & strength

STCL (poacher) finishing & pace

NEED TO KNOW

1. I didn't use any opposition instructions during my save.

2. I used no shouts, however i have used the wizard so if you want to use them you can, if they don't work though don't blame me.

3. Use a big pitch

4. No special training instructions used:

General training default focus balanced on average.

Match training attacking movement.

Individual training ask the assistant.

Coaches, ask the assistant to assign.

5. Team talks, pre match i always use a "for the fans" talk. HT if winning either "you're capable of better" or "don't get complacent" HT if losing or drawing, use any aggressive talk. FT praise a win or good draw. A poor result use aggressive talk.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
will try it with Wisla Krakow on 2nd season!

Have used this with Tottenham, Works well so far. Got a question thou. I have'nt meet the big teams in PL yet, do you play balanced all the time? Or can you set it to counter or defensive vs bigger teams and still get results?

Lol amazing, i'm playing in south korea with some rubbish team and won 1-7 to Seoul . Will give more feedback but looking good so far :)

Have used this with Tottenham, Works well so far. Got a question thou. I have'nt meet the big teams in PL yet, do you play balanced all the time? Or can you set it to counter or defensive vs bigger teams and still get results?

I never change it for any team. Play the same all the time.

Well i'm ready for start test in italy whit Lecce team..if work good u are a magic JP :p

In my 2nd season with Fulham. Managed to get the 4th spot in the league on goal difference with Chelsea last season using the Awesome AMC tactic. But i let in way too many goals. So in the pre-season i decided to try this one. And its working wonders!
Bought 3 new players during the transfer window. Rodrigo from Benfica, Emenike from Spartak Moscow and Gøkhan Tore from Rubin.View attachment 284938View attachment 284939

Last edited:
Working great with my Tottenham first season. 8 wins 1 lose the 9 first game in the league. Lost 4-3 vs city away. Scoring loads of goals and are keeping tight in the back. Great tactic it seems :D

Testing with Middlesbrough, first 3 games were awesome, creating chances & scoring goals.
Then for some reason we stopped creating & were back to averaging 1 -2 shots a game. Anyone else found that?
Any tips on how to create or score more? Going to carry on & see how to pans out over the season.
Always been a huge JP Woody fan & this tactic does look promising.

it looks very similar as my matox monegasque, with the difference of wingers instead of wide mids, and the CF instead of AM

JP

I'm thinking about starting a game up with Villarreal and using this, but where would be best for Rossi, poacher or complete forward?

I will try with my Real Oviedo team.

Will post updates..

I have tried lots of tactic but all tactics are unsteady because I was winning 3-0 CL match later I was losing 18. team.Your tactic is better but unsteady scores continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.