Juan Bernat, the Spanish Gareth Bale

DarklinkCL

Reaction score
I'm surprised that nobody talks about him. People keep naming players like Alex Telles, Grimaldo, Shaw, Alex Sandro when asked about left backs but poor Juanit Bernat remains underestimated. Perhaps because it's a bit reducing to consider him 'just' a fullback?

In my career managing Valencia C.F. (currently on fifth season) he's being by far the most consistent player. And just like Bale did in real life, he started playing as LB but with the seasons passing I've learned how to get the best out of him. The key was advancing his position: now he's a natural AML, but his defensive attributes are still solid so he can perfectly do the job as LB when needed.

As you've proably realized now, ne's a very versatile player. I've also managed to get him become accomplished playing as AMR (again, just like the big Welshman). I remember an amazing late winner scored @ Allianz Arena in 2014/15 Champions League, while he was playing on the right flank.
He also learns PPMs easily.
His only weaknesses are aereal ability and set pieces. So yes, Bale is a more rounded player than him.

Here's him at the moment on my save:

View attachment 378786

I've lost the count on how many offers from the European giants I've refused. And I'm talking about big money.

View attachment 378784

He grew up on my team so I will never sell him, not even when he'll be 35 years old. I wish he had more leadership si I could make him my captain.
No idea on how much would AI ask for him, but I suppose he's definitely a realistic target for any decent club.
Good luck with Juanito if you'll decide to try him out, he won't disappoint you. ;)

Just started a save with Valencia, and if everything goes as planned, he will be a regular within no time! :)

Just started a save with Valencia, since i thought it would be nice, to 'awake' them from their sleep, and to once again be a giant in european football! One of the first players I thought would do well is Juan Bernat, and looking at your screenshots, I guess I wasn't all wrong! :)

Bought him at Chelsea 1st season to replace Cole, he's just taken it to a whole new level!
Can be bought for about 15mil at the start of the game.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I'm surprised that nobody talks about him. People keep naming players like Alex Telles, Grimaldo, Shaw, Alex Sandro when asked about left backs but poor Juanit Bernat remains underestimated. Perhaps because it's a bit reducing to consider him 'just' a fullback?

In my career managing Valencia C.F. (currently on fifth season) he's being by far the most consistent player. And just like Bale did in real life, he started playing as LB but with the seasons passing I've learned how to get the best out of him. The key was advancing his position: now he's a natural AML, but his defensive attributes are still solid so he can perfectly do the job as LB when needed.

As you've proably realized now, ne's a very versatile player. I've also managed to get him become accomplished playing as AMR (again, just like the big Welshman). I remember an amazing late winner scored @ Allianz Arena in 2014/15 Champions League, while he was playing on the right flank.
His only weaknesses are aereal ability and set pieces. So yes, Bale is a more rounded player than him.

View attachment 592156

I've lost the count on how many offers from the European giants I've refused. And I'm talking about big money.

View attachment 592160

He grew up on my team so I will never sell him, not even when he'll be 35 years old. I wish he had more leadership si I could make him my captain.
No idea on how much would AI ask for him, but I suppose he's definitely a realistic target for any decent club.
Good luck with Juanito if you'll decide to try him out, he won't disappoint you. ;)

Awesome man, you both had the same idea of making our managers Hernan Crespo. Bernat looks amazing btw bro

Why is it after a season like that a few of his attributes have gone down?
It happens from time to time, especially after some injuries. He always recovers pretty fast though.
He can't improve anymore now, but I don't really care. He's already a god! :p Will become a club legend in no time, I'm sure...he just can't stop scoring ang assisting, even in the new season, both as a winger or as a fullback.

View attachment 592156

View attachment 592160

What skin are u using can you post the link if you can thanks

He is really special. Currently managing Barcelona and the Spain NT in 2017 and he took Alba's place in the NT. He's at Gladbach but I want to buy him (10mil E) and put him in rotation with Shaw.

Last edited: