Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a Valencia save in my first season got to beginning of august and man united declared interest in mata I issued a hands off warning but the guy now wants to move and has handed in a transfer request. I have saved it at this point and I am yet to accept or reject his request and have come here for advice first.

Should I sell as his performances wi be poor if he wants to leave? Or should I reject all offers try and persuade him to stay by offering a new contract? If I do sell how much am I realistically looking at getting for him? He's valued at 7.75m but surely I could at least 15m for a player of that quality? And if I do sell who could I sign to replace him?

P.s. I have already signed alexis Sanchez but playing 3 midfielders in behind 1 striker means I would need a replacement for mata.

Thanks.

Oh quick update just tried to offer a new contract and he doesn't want to enter into negotiations guess I have no other choice either play him and see what he performs like or cash in now

Personally, it depends on his opinion of me.

He's a great player, but if he doesn't believe in your aspirations for the club, or worse is disrespecting you authority, then offload him.

15 million is exactly the price he will sell for, maybe for a push 20 million, and you can buy top quality from pretty much anywhere for an AMR

If he's pretty good with you, and can convince him to stay with a reasonable contract, I would. He's a very talented player.

Cash in mate. If he wants to leave he will cause problems in the dressing room. Morale will drop for all players, results will worsen - it could be a disaster. Get the money and sign somebody who wants to be there :)

Good luck mate

sell him. he is quality.

check the player profile, and then the personal tab to see how they like the club, or the personal feelings :)

Just say to him "i'll let you at the end of the season" and he'll accept. Then, dont sell him at the end. I used to do that ;)

yeah, agree, just sell him, get others!! u can make a lots of money from him(6)

On his profile it states he is happy playing for the club but his general concerns are he wants to move to a bigger club and has a poor relationship with me.

I tried to tell him I want to build the team around him but he was having none of it. Shame because he was going to be the main main i was building the squad around.

Been looking at a few replacements found canales from real madrid but doubt he will want to come to Valencia also found parejo from Getafe he is young like mata and has good stats. Maybe even arteta from everton? I will be playing the replacement a central position as I have Sanchez and joaquin in my wide areas.

there we go! he wants to go to a bigger club. thats y he's fustrated in valencia, even if u dont know it.

How about Niko Kranjcar? He isn't getting time at Spurs so he could be worth a pop. Excellent in my Spurs game as AMC Advanced Playmaker.

Next time dont issue hands off warning..dont respond to any transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.