Bpanther

Reaction score
I have recently won the premier league, Carling Cup and Fa Cup with Man Utd I rarely used Juan Mata and this season I am looking to do a 433 formation I really want to sign Thiago from Bayern, I have tried to sell Mata but I can't get decent value for him and if I let him go cheap I know fans and board will moan, I have converted Rooney into a CM and its worked quite well do you think I should forget about signing Thiago and try and convert Mata into a central midfielder?

I've been using a 4-3-3 for a while and I always play Mata and Rooney side-by-side as central midfielder's, with Jones as a defensive mid. The modern day holy trinity.

I've been using a 4-3-3 for a while and I always play Mata and Rooney side-by-side as central midfielder's, with Jones as a defensive mid. The modern day holy trinity.
ok cheers, do you find that Mata does alright there as well and what role do you use him in?

I sold Mata in my 3rd season because I had brought Kovacic in a season earlier, he is very comparable to Modric and has the speed that Mata will never have to break through and start up attacks. I also converted Rooney to a CM and play in a 4-3-3 as well, with Romero behind Kovacic and Rooney. Has worked out brilliantly for me so far.

If you play a 433 why don't you play Mata as a AP on the left side? Worked for me very well with more than 15 goals in the 1st seaosn

If you play a 433 why don't you play Mata as a AP on the left side? Worked for me very well with more than 15 goals in the 1st seaosn

I may give that ago tbh but its hard because I have Di Maria there who's in the form of his life and Memphis Depay and I've recently been training Januzaj to play RW and had to give him a more important squad role to stop him joining Juve but I may give Mata another try in a wide area

If you don't use a player, he isn't going to attract much interest from other clubs.

I sold Mata to Real Madrid (£20M + Gabriel Barbosa and Juan Mata for James Rodriguez)... use him in an exchange. I agree with an earlier comment Kovacic is better than Mata, speed, etc.

Here is a picture of him fully developed. (He was injured and his speed attribute went down by 1)

bdfe083455737da8e8ffc07a0d8d9b00.png

If you don't use a player, he isn't going to attract much interest from other clubs.

This... Also Mata is often proven to be in the top 5 performing players in the world in my saves for the first season or two.

I may give that ago tbh but its hard because I have Di Maria there who's in the form of his life and Memphis Depay and I've recently been training Januzaj to play RW and had to give him a more important squad role to stop him joining Juve but I may give Mata another try in a wide area

I play them in rotation, using Di Maria and Mata as 1st team.

TBH, i think that keeping always very young players can create major difficulties against big team, like in CL.

The way Mata appears behind the striker to score and the amount of times that Januzaj did that but failed where too many to even consider selling im in the 1st 2 or 3 seasons.

I'm not United on my save, but Mata seems to win World Player of the Year every year!

I think he's maybe a bit overrated on the game.

Had Mata as and inside forward on the left 7.50+rating and player of year.

I have recently won the premier league, Carling Cup and Fa Cup with Man Utd I rarely used Juan Mata and this season I am looking to do a 433 formation I really want to sign Thiago from Bayern, I have tried to sell Mata but I can't get decent value for him and if I let him go cheap I know fans and board will moan, I have converted Rooney into a CM and its worked quite well do you think I should forget about signing Thiago and try and convert Mata into a central midfielder?

I converted Mata into a central midfielder and he won world player of the year

he is a total goal & assist machine as a left winger play him there he will win alot of awards + getin 20 goals & 20 assists every season for me he has won world player of the year twice in 3 years