tommm93

Reaction score
sup:p

so I was wonderin if it wise to go by what your scouts say about players or just go with what you see. for example I am in my third season with Tottenham and have two continentally rated scouts and whenever I scout a player I'v heard about on these threads the majority of the time they will say that they would be useful and nothing more despite being highly capable to play for the big clubs according to many.

They judge potential based on who your best player is for each position. If you have a worldclass player like Messi as the best in your position, players who would normally be really good for most teams (3 1/2 to 4 stars) would be average to below average (2 1/2 to 2 stars). There is also a bit of skew in what your ***. man reports too, unless he has 20/20 scouting like your scouts. As for younger players, depending on the depth and quality of your team they will generally be rated less by scouts but become "better" (debatable) when you sign them (this happened to me when I signed two english youths who had solid attributes in key areas but were rated 2 to 2 1/2 stars but are now rated 3 1/2 to 4).

Yeah, star ratings are relative to your team power. Also, most of young players are just random, or in your game they did not get important transfer which helped them develop better skills in someone else's save, so there is that. Or, they had bad injury along the way.

For some reason I'm having trouble attracting scouts to my team, any ideas why?

I mainly use scout to scout out the attributes and buy the players according to what I feel will fit into my team well.