Jury Service

• Thread starter Thread starter Becky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K

Becky

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anybody been called to do this before? If so what's it like?

I got my summons through the door today to do Jury Service on Monday 22nd September.

If i don't reply to it i have to pay a fine of £1,000!! lol

I got summoned a few weeks back and i start this Monday! - so will let you know! :P

Proper can't be bothered but everyone i spoke to says they wish they could do it!

Oooh swish! Are you doing it at Teesside Crown Court?

How long does it last for? Or does it really just depend on what trial your sitting in on?

I'm nervous about it, i don't like doing stuff like this but i guess it'll be an interesting experience. lol :)

I got summoned a few weeks back and i start this Monday! - so will let you know! :P

Proper can't be bothered but everyone i spoke to says they wish they could do it!

I thought you were friends with David Brent not Mark Corrigan

i dont understand how they choose people? do they pick anyone or some one who has a certian level of job or something :s...

Oooh swish! Are you doing it at Teesside Crown Court?

How long does it last for? Or does it really just depend on what trial your sitting in on?

I'm nervous about it, i don't like doing stuff like this but i guess it'll be an interesting experience. lol :)

I am at Teesside yea. Erm, i am hoping less than two weeks as i start my new job on the 18th! lol...but it does depend on the trial i think, you may even be assigned more than one trial if the first is short and the second could be long. Anyone i have spoken to recommends taking a book to read as you may have some spare time.

I don't want to do it, but i'm not nervous, just hope i won't be doing it long and it's a decent case...but yea the experience will be good.

I thought you were friends with David Brent not Mark Corrigan

Confused.

i dont understand how they choose people? do they pick anyone or some one who has a certian level of job or something :s...

Selected randomly off the electoral register (18+).

It used to be just house owners i believe.

Yeah Jury Duty, ya know, guilty, not guilty :D

Confused.

Selected randomly off the electoral register (18+).

It used to be just house owners i believe.

When Jez got called up for Jury Duty Jez didnt want to do it but Mark was jealous - peep show.

Do you have to have voted?

lol, thats all it is Kris, gicing the verdict on a case. I think it would defo be an interesting experience.

I'd disagree with what everyone else said, just because I believe Freddie Quimby should walk out of here a free hotel

i think he means off the electoral register, and i think the answer is no

Ah of course,

Didn't think anyone could of been that dumb :P post deleted.

my dad did it and wasnt happy he did it for 2 weeks and got some **** allowance that nowhere near covered his wages and he spent most of it sitting around very boring he said

My gran and grandpa have done it, and both enjoyed it very much. But they like sitting down doing nothing :P

I've just been looking at the Allowances which you can receive and it's pretty terrible. I'll probably just see if i can get my money back for Bus Fare, as i don't think i'll be doing Jury duty on weekends so it wont affect my work. :D

My mum is so jealous though. haha :P

Mine is too :P

I will just claim for the train fares, maybe dinner (i think you can claim for that). McDonalds ftw.

ewww if your getting a free dinner go somewhere and get a steak

I think i get dinner free, but only to a certain amount? would have to read through the allowances to make sure.

So i start tomorrow! 9:15am!

Going to meet some mates at Rileys afterwards and going for a few drinks so will be wanting to leave as soon as i get there tomorrow. :D

Hopefully i will be picked and given a small case.

Back