Jury Service

• Thread starter Thread starter Becky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K
Maybe you'll get a new Jill Dando suspect...

Have fun! tell me what it's like!! lol :D

I got there at 9:15am.

Got in and there were around 45 of us. We all had to show the usher our summons letter and ID. Then we went upstairs to the jury room thing. From there after telling us some details we were moved to court5 to watch a video explaining a few more things.

Was explained that at random 15 would be sent through to each trial with 3 return unselected. There were 3 trials through out the day, wasn't selected for any and was allowed to leave at 3pm.

I got there at 9:15am.

Got in and there were around 45 of us. We all had to show the usher our summons letter and ID. Then we went upstairs to the jury room thing. From there after telling us some details we were moved to court5 to watch a video explaining a few more things.

Was explained that at random 15 would be sent through to each trial with 3 return unselected. There were 3 trials through out the day, wasn't selected for any and was allowed to leave at 3pm.

Awww as if you didn't get selected!

it sounds quite boring though! do you have to be there for 2 weeks then?

Last edited:
Yup two weeks.

They said that in that two weeks you might not even get chose for one trial, and others could get chose for several.

Seems unfair of them to waste your time like that.

Yeah, just bad luck. There was at least 44 of us, and they need 12 at a time and they are picked at random and they have several trials each day so its highly unlikely you wont get on one but possible.

Hmm, well i hope i get picked then for atleast one trial.

I think i have to miss the start of uni for this. pfft.:irked:

If you inform them of that at the start they may be nice enough to find a replacement.

Monday:

Said already, turned up at 9:15am. Around 45-50 of us were new this week. So we had our introductions for about hour n half tellins us what would happen. 3 trials during day, not selected for any, home at 3pm.

Tuesday:

Got there at 10:15am (9:15am is Monday only for intro). Around 4 cases in the day, got selected on one at 11:30am, ABH and intimidation of witness or something. Anyway the case was a waste of time, and the judge even said so, was two women bickering. Anyway the judge threw it out at 12:30. Went for lunch and came back, got to leave at 3pm again as i wasnt called for another.

Wednesday: 10:15am again. Sat around all day till 2:20pm without getting called, went home.

Thursday: Went in normal time, 4 trials announced. Not sure if jurys needed. Got to around 11am and they starteed dropping the trials, got to leave at 12pm, as all trials were dropped. Told not to come in Friday because no trials start on a Fri, back on Monday at 10:15am.

Summary:

Boring, waste of time. They have a pool table but its 50p a go. Get £5.39 a day on canteen card (you get what you dont spend back at end of service). Bottle of coke is £1.30 so ive been leavin and going into town (1-2pm dinner) for food and drink, to save cash.

Becky if you have a DS or other handhel console take it. THey have lockers (free) which can store your stuff. They do have wireless internet and allow laptops, not sure if it charges, but you could watch stuff or something or take an Ipod if you have one or at least buy a paper or magazine.

Should be some people your age, most are friendly and will talk to you.

I don't own a handheld console! ha :P I might just take Harry potter to read it'll take me a while.

but i guess it doesn't sound too bad if your actually picked for trials. Though if not, it's just wasting alot of my time when i could be doing other stuff! lol

Yea exactly, well i am back tomorrow so i hope i get put on a trial, annoyed if i don't.

Back