Ace's

Reaction score
Just Another 4-2-3-1 Deep

Hello world,

Update !!!
Simpler and Better
This tactics were dedicated to attacking tactic fan...

Formation
FCInternazionalePre-Match_TeamSelection-3-1.png

Standing
SerieATIMInformation_LeagueTable.png

Earlier season : 2016-2017
SerieATIMInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

Also use the current tactics for Under 20s
Under20sInformation_LeagueTable.png

Fixture 2017-2018
Fixtures2018.jpg

Short Story
Sorry for my English, hope you understand with what i'm writing for...
I'm playing it with Inter and it's already 2018...score more than 200 goals in 2 season , so much fun and beat the game easely ....(H)
then what would make you to continue read this then?

Yeah, It's big team and it's already season 8th,...but what is different if i played unbeaten Blackpool after 30 years? With (of course all must be world class regen)?:p
Most of us would like to fill their squad with bunch of wonderkids,...then? what is you gonna do? What if the result doesnt like with what your hoping for? Want for more?

Despite of being 5x5 philosophy, i prefer this 8x2 or what we called it?...hehe,...No actually i'm playing at balanced philosophy after a long time with rigid system...i have base to saying it and it's well supported by my squad. With some good attacking ability of my full backs (Santon, Bale at left and Sergio Ramos and Natalino(not) at right:S), then high technical ability by midfielders (no need to mention see screenies:p), and the perfection of my forwards, I am completely sure what this team can achieve....Attack and forget the defence? I have to be sure that my defence are should best in game,..i'm pairing Ranocchia and Galeano for cover, it's good but i have only decent backups (it's from primavera side,...Galimberti, Natalino, Cardirola, Finally after 8 season being backup and loaned out they start complaining, hehe) plus triple goalie backup, Areola being the first choice then Sirigu and the one who gave first defeat in latest season, Andrea Seculin.

Now i have i lot of wonderful talent in their best year at my games, plus they are italians, hehe...(actually it's my old save but i just want to play it again so i decide to play to more season before the game fill up by regens.)......i play the latest two season and found so much pleasure....i have pastore, babacar, canales and other so every tactics might just have to work with this ladsoO)...But heres the tactic i used then, it's just doesn't like to stop...they banging more and more goals......
i know that i didnt try this with other teams morever lower teams... so i hope it works to with you....the screenshot will tell you more ,...

Player Stat
SerieATIMStats_PlayerStats.png

Player Information
FCInternazionaleInter_Players-2-1.jpg

Here Some Games
IntervManUtdSplitView.png

IntervBresciaSplitView.png

RMadridvInterSplitView.png

IntervJuventusSplitView.png

IntervCagliariSplitView.png
IntervChelseaSplitView-3.png
IntervParmaSplitView.png
IntervRomaSplitView.png
IntervSampdoriaSplitView.png
IntervParmaSplitView-2.png

Tactic Status
Teams : FC Internazionale
Tactics : Just Another 4-2-3-1 Deep
Year : 2016-2017, 2017-2018
Patch : 11.2.1
Pitch : Standard
Home & Away : Yes
Set Pieces : All mixed
Players Requirement : Everyone you consider is fair enough to play that position.

OI, Match Prep, Shouts, Team Talk : Credit goes to my assistant
(@ half-time i recently change into this, (1.) If you lead by one or two > Encourage (2.) If lead by two or more > don't drop (3.) If the teams still draw > Dissapointing - There will be no pleased at half time).

Here's the download link,....
Hope you like it,..waitin' for feedback

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4108

Here's The Original Thread
Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

I decide to test this tactics with different database. I changed the premier league into super league so I don’t have to wait for champion’s league knockout to face big teams.
I only want test this tactics for a season so I did not make any major changes. Only 18 changes, club filtered with at least 8150 reputation point. (patch 11.2.0) works with 11.2.1
You can check it here.
Tested with inter, no transfer in and with only 2 saves.
Great result

Game status (half season)
Game__UntitledGame_Status-2.jpg

Game status 2 (full season) need a rest (H)
Game__UntitledGame_Status-3.jpg

Tactics goes like this
Rigid/Attack, Short pass, discipline, press more,stick to position
push up, "narrow", tempo normal (standard pitch).
Tweaked PI's
FCInternazionaleInter_Tactics.jpg

players win the game, formation helps it.

Transfers
FCInternazionaleTransfers_History-2.jpg

Fixtures
FCInternazionaleInter_Fixtures-5.jpg

FCInternazionaleInter_Fixtures-3.jpg

Standing
EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-6.jpg

Player stats end of season summary
EnglishPremierDivisionStats_PlayerStats-4.jpg

Match
BarcelonavInterSplitView.jpg

IntervRMadridSplitView-2.jpg

IntervManUtdSplitView.jpg

IntervChelseaSplitView.jpg

AtMadridvInterSplitView.jpg

IntervFCBayernSplitView.jpg

IntervFCTwenteSplitView.jpg

OlympiqueLyonnaisvInterSplitView-2.jpg

IntervValenciaSplitView-2.jpg

RivervInterSplitView.jpg

IntervSevillaSplitView.jpg

IntervBenficaSplitView.jpg

IntervRomaSplitView.jpg

Last edited:
The tactic is very good in attack. Maybe one of the best in the forum. Defence is good, not excelent, but still good enough (except when the opposition ST has high agility, aceleration, pace, then the ST will do some problems).

The worst in the tactics are the set pieces. I've completely changed attacking and defending set pieces and now I have solid defence when the oponent has corner or free kick.

Thank you very very much casperpld.
Best in forum? you're kidding |)
Yeah you are right, still have to work with defence. Maybe i gave too much notice on fullback and forget the centreback. I still have to find out about closing down, and how it translated into match engine.
About the set pieces, I do like this set pieces creator but i also got bored with this one actually. everytime i changes the players instruction or anything about it, the set pieces always reset into default.
You are doing right to manage it by your self. i have to learn about set pieces from you.
Anyway are you already got the way to block opponent far cross corners?

Yeah you are right, still have to work with defence. Maybe i gave too much notice on fullback and forget the centreback. I still have to find out about closing down, and how it translated into match engine.
About the set pieces, I do like this set pieces creator but i also got bored with this one actually. everytime i changes the players instruction or anything about it, the set pieces always reset into default.
You are doing right to manage it by your self. i have to learn about set pieces from you.
Anyway are you already got the way to block opponent far cross corners?

In terms of attack it's one of the best!!! No kidding. Creating plenty of opportunities.

It seems that the defence push up isn't working good when the opposition has fast players. Just conceded 4 goals against FC Cluj (i'm Inter 2nd season). The match ended 4-4! :p So I changed the Defenders's duty from Defend to cover, but it seems that the fast strikers are treat again. So i made the defence deep... will give feedback later, when I play some games. Now I'm out. Will report in 4-5 hours!

@casperpld
Thank you for your feedback. I'm still working on it now and also about the set piece like you said. I'll inform you soon as i can.

@adnarim
match preparation : set to overload for few weeks to adapt then average when its fluid enough.
pitch size : standard, i'm trying minimum pitch now on 2nd season.
opponent instruction : just show onto weaker foot on danger player. such as messi (left foot) show onto right then, or Forlan (either) i just select weaker foot since he has both very strong.You can also use closing down and tackle hard to the wingers or attackers. Actually i leave it to my assistant.:)
touchline shout : because i changes the team instruction and player instruction this thing just will not give any effect i guess. For example I just playing with tempo slider to slow when i think the game is won mostly the same when you shout take a breather.

looks good :D

believe it or not, i think i can help u in defense ;)

I played with inter and had some gr8 seasons , so my advice to you is . Buy Howedes/Ranocchia and play one of them with lucio. Put them both to limited defender - stopper and I can say that you will have a dominating defence !

is it important to use oi in this tactic? i dont really like using them as i feel they take away from the tactic instructions.

is it important to use oi in this tactic? i dont really like using them as i feel they take away from the tactic instructions.

I don't use OI too and having some great results. The only changes I made are:

Defence set to deep (the first click before normal defence)
Both DC set to Cover role
Set pieces changes

For match preparaton I used Set pieces defending because I've conceded some free kick/corner goals, but after scoring only 2 for the last 2 games I've changed it to att movement and I scored 5 in the next game.

I think you can do pretty well without OI. Just use them when the rival has some super-duper-mega-freak. For example Pastore, Messi, Ronaldo etc ;)

Merry Christmas everyone.

First of all, i want to apologize for this delay.
I did couple changes to the tactic maybe you can be generous to test it, and giving some feedback. Improved defence and set piece changes. Download link

looks good :D

believe it or not, i think i can help u in defense ;)

Wow incoming support from superstar,...can you review the tactics attached .
thank you mate

I played with inter and had some gr8 seasons , so my advice to you is . Buy Howedes/Ranocchia and play one of them with lucio. Put them both to limited defender - stopper and I can say that you will have a dominating defence !

yeah you are right both of them are good player, Ranocchia was one of best defender on the game. Oh yeah another info because i use custom database (that inter moved to premiership)so the co-owner deal will not work, resulting Ranocchia are unavailable. moreover i still have Samuel and Lucio, at least for a season since the objective is only to test this tactics.

well it's up to you;),i just leave it to my assistant anyway. But think show onto foot is not in the tactic setting. Isn't it?

I don't use OI too and having some great results. The only changes I made are:

Defence set to deep (the first click before normal defence)
Both DC set to Cover role
Set pieces changes

For match preparaton I used Set pieces defending because I've conceded some free kick/corner goals, but after scoring only 2 for the last 2 games I've changed it to att movement and I scored 5 in the next game.

I think you can do pretty well without OI. Just use them when the rival has some super-duper-mega-freak. For example Pastore, Messi, Ronaldo etc ;)

Very nice guide here casperpld. I use your advise for the match preparation and it works.
Now about the defense. I've been test your advise by lowering the defensive line into deep and players role into covers, but it does not works really for me, i just got decent result and not predacious enough for me. so i decide to leave it pushed up & tweak defensive players. I found the cover-cover role will leave opponent much more room to creating chance such as long shot just outside the box. So i made changes to players role into cover and stopper and some minor tweak. You can check it out.
Thank you as always for the feedback and very nice guide.
(currently tutoring Ace's):D

What about player requirement ^^)
Should be good players:D .you can check the important players attribute here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/faq.php?faq=fm2011#faq_important_attributes

Last edited:
just finished reading it;
turn out the tactics that was uploaded already nearly similar to what describe in there. :)
thank you

pitch size standard, OI i just leave it to assistant man. but some comment above said that they didn't use any OI and get result. touchline shouts nope.

thanks for your interest to try this tactics (i though this thread is dead)...actually i have made improvement to this tactics i want to upload it but i don't have much time to test it. tell me if you want it.

well good luck...

Thx Ace!! I´ve recently gone 3 seasons with your tactic. Althought I have adjusted a little bit on defensive line and tempo. Especially playing away against "stronger" teams. But, strange thing is: I adjusted DL a bit more up!! And tempo down. Works great! With Juve, I´d to rebuilt the squad cause of all the loan deals. And the don´t have enough money to buy them. So 3 seasons placed in 7th, but now 4 matches left and I´m in pole! Have beaten Real Madrid on aggregate, and now semi in Euro Cup, first match against Chelsea...

PS: I also done som changed to the CB. One has "marking" as duty, and the other "zone". Result: have conceded only 19 goals in 34 matches. Best in the leage. Sorry bad english, Norwegian guy...

Should post a picture, but didn´t work out screenshot on my mac. :(