Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i just bought it second hand off ebay and i cannot download the game cause steam wants a product code is there a way around this?

i just bought it second hand off ebay and i cannot download the game cause steam wants a product code is there a way around this?

No, there is not as that product code is already being used by the one that sold you the game. You simply have to try to get a refound.

so the game is worthless steam sucks all i wanted to do was take carlisle from league one the championship

so the game is worthless steam sucks all i wanted to do was take carlisle from league one the championship

Sorry to hear you lost some money, thats always tough. If you are willing to pay some more money, then the game is on sale on various websites.

it's fine but say he was to give me his steam account info could i update with the code to my laptop?

If he gives you his steam account then you will be able to play...

it's fine but say he was to give me his steam account info could i update with the code to my laptop?

If he has more games on his computor using Steam, or if wanting to buy and play any games in the future using Steam, then he highly unlikely to do so. Here, you could get acces to all his games and he would not be able to play them. I know I would never sell my Steam acount. No, I think he has tricked you, sorry.

I would assume its also against the terms and conditions of Steam to sell the account.

i suppose he won't yeah i have been ripped off only 8 pounds but that could have gone towards buying brand new wish i'd have known oh well i will wait for his reply to my message and leave him feedback based on his reply i guess

Aye that's right. Giving away an account is against ToS. Like Blizzards policy for WoW. There's been times when people have "sold" accounts, only to suddenly turn round and report that account as stolen leaving people out of pocket and without games, on top of a ban. Never buy an account.

******* steam things where simple in the good old day of fm 2011

SI chose Steam for anti-piracy, and it pretty much worked. Sales increased, and the auto-patching system is very beneficial. If they had stayed away from steam, the game would have been pirated much quicker with major implications financially. I've never had a problem with Steam myself and prefer it that way. Not only are games updated, but you also have a permanent copy online ready to download. Pros>cons tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.