Neal Lyons

Reaction score
Well as the subject says, iv tried and tried and THEN some but i cannot get myself involved in a save - i lose my rag/interest with it straight away.

Cant seem to get the balance right its either moneypots or hardly any/not enough to compete and its driving me insane.

Anybody else have this problem?

Considered going Monaco gave it a go and just lost interest in it after about 5 games.

Thought about trying this tonight...

Best FM 2014 Tactics: Darren's Dynamic 4-2-3-1 • FM 2014 Stories

but again i dont know if i really wanna go Swansea, they have **** facilities/youth and no money to spend - tried darrens tactics but you do not keep much of the ball - which is a board requirement.

Thought about just going completely different and starting a save in Brazil/Argentina but i dont know what to do!!!?

I'm managing real oviedo that's been great fun so far!

Try starting unemployed and see where u end up? Ive done that a few times in situations like this.

I just genuinely dont know what to do, its wierd - im a liverpool fan but liverpool are ******* **** poor on this game!

Tried all manor of saves - swanselona, southampton,monaco the ******* lot i just cant get my teeth into something without losing my temper - iv thought maybe take a side and dont make any transfers AT ALL in the first window and just work with what iv got because i think its the over populating my side from the get go that can sometimes **** me off.

OH and i try to avoid going abroad for my first club in a save because obviously they throw the "you cant speak this language" book at you and i think straight away from that something in the game will be working against you with you having no previous experience to back you up etc.

start unemployed, I always do this when I cant decide. If your PC is good enough have lots of active leagues and accept the first job offer.
My latest save I started unemployed and got my first job at Maccabi Haifia in Israel, I would never choose there but I ended up liking it spending 4 years there.
Won 3 titles an Israel state cup and an Isreal Toto League Cup.
I've just moved to OGC Nice and still enjoying it

Something iv never done before is start unemployed,i like to have plenty of time tobset my side up pre season etc but Il consider it.

i think i maybe over complicating things by letting to much get into the decision making process of who to go, i need to pick a side and stick with them for a while once i get a few seasons Il be happy.

You have to make your own tactics if you're going to play a lower league team. Add a lot of individual instructions to make up for the lack of player quality. Most of these forum tactics are for top tier teams with 4-5 star players across the board. I've been playing a Venezia save (starts in Serie C1/A with massive debt, poor stadium, average training, poor youth) - and have been defying the odds: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...142601-post-your-sucesses-32.html#post2072976

Last edited:
I'd say start with a Championship level team and try to work your way up to the Premier Division! The struggle for promotion will make winning you way up all the more worth it! I actually managed Liverpool quite successfully. However your transfers and tactical choices are crucial. But Suarez is as reliable a scorer as you can get and he's already on your club!

I just genuinely dont know what to do, its wierd - im a liverpool fan but liverpool are ******* **** poor on this game!

Tried all manor of saves - swanselona, southampton,monaco the ******* lot i just cant get my teeth into something without losing my temper - iv thought maybe take a side and dont make any transfers AT ALL in the first window and just work with what iv got because i think its the over populating my side from the get go that can sometimes **** me off.

OH and i try to avoid going abroad for my first club in a save because obviously they throw the "you cant speak this language" book at you and i think straight away from that something in the game will be working against you with you having no previous experience to back you up etc.

I was in the same situation as you, i picked Liverpool (I'm a Arsenal fan) and had interesting results, and the youth made me wanna go further, i ended up winning the PL, Fa cup 1st season, PL, Fa Cup & CL in 2nd season, and currently top, still in Fa Cup, CL, won the euro cup and club championship..

Finding the right balance, youths and a team that is not bad but still need improvements, Like Liverpool, had increase the train and youth facilities

I read a thread on sports interactive community about tactics and its helped me get success

Well tonight iv gone and done it...

Firstly i created a new less laggy profile on my computer which is half decent anyway just on the main profile i have a lot of backround **** running torrents/IE etc.

Downloaded a few new themes i ended up quite liking the steklo X4 theme for now but id prefer the backround on the tactis/squad screen to be plainer - anybody got any ideas how to swap that?

But i decided in the end to go Feyenoord in the dutch league and try and implement my own way of playing the game, iv literally spent most of the night just setting up my new game and getting the save started, iv not even met the players yet lol.

Im confident this can keep me interested though, been reading up and iv decided to throw a 3-6-1 tactic together with a defensive midfielder and an treq infront of two BBM'ers, followed by two wingers!!!

Stay away from the game for a week or longer, watch football play fifa whatever has your interest in football. Read about succes of other people, look at stories... I have the best saves after a long term without FM.

Stay away from the game for a week or longer, watch football play fifa whatever has your interest in football. Read about succes of other people, look at stories... I have the best saves after a long term without FM.

Iv not really played it properly for a while because of my inconsistance to pick a side lol

Same. But with me I've been getting into saves, then once I achieve some success I get bored and want to do something else.

I've gotten Rangers to second in the top division in three seasons, got Liverpool into the CL and won the League Cup, gotten Villa promoted. Then I'm just getting bored and quitting

Also achievements might seem lame to some, but the make rewarding goals

Also achievements might seem lame to some, but the make rewarding goals

I agree , i love the achievements.

Just an example, i was managing Arsenal and i signed Diame right off the bat for whatever his release clause is, 3 years later after winning a few trophies, Liverpool came in for him for something like 15million, he wasn't in my first team anymore at that stage, but anyway i just so happened to go ointo the steam overlay (alt+tab) and under the achievements in the "so close" part was the one for making a big profit on a player you bought, so i sold Diame. Since then i've been trying my hardest to get the achievements.

This is a great thread Neal, a really good read. I also have the same issues as you, so this has helped me no end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've done a save in Gibraltar... Interesting to say the least

This is a great thread Neal, a really good read. I also have the same issues as you, so this has helped me no end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was stuck myself, going Feyenoord a side iv never been has really opened the game up again for me iv enjoyed this season with them so much - i did fund them slightly when i took over just to give me a bit of a go, iv not signed a side of world beaters i just used the budget wisely signed some youngers and thrown them into the first side along with Aaron Hunt who has been absolutely awesome for me and Klose/Rhodes i also managed to get Seb Giovinco on loan from Juve who has been an animal!

Into feb now and iv drawn either Atletico or Spurs if i can get through portugese outfit Vit Guimaraes,which will be tough! Into semis of dutch cup and im sitting pretty top of the league a good few points clear, its just got me back into the game and im enjoying it again - its contract renewal season now though and im debating if i stay here and march Feyenoord into the champions league or if i opt out and jump onto a bigger side.