dantheman123

Reaction score
Basically I punched above my weight in the Championship and managed to get into the Premiership...however my team is certain to finish rock bottom. So I need some advice on players I can bring in to help me survive! It is my 3rd season in the game by the way..

Current 'best' team:

Gk: Jose Calatayud
Rb:Derek Geary
Cb: Ibrahima Sonko
Cb: Mariano Stendardo
LB: Chris Armstrong

Rm: Scott Wagstaff
Cm: Jordan Mutch (loan about to expire)
Cm: Lee Johnson
Lm: Catalin Munteneau

Str: Bradley Wright-Phillips
Str: Eidur Gudjonssen

I have £25.5m to spend and a wage budget of 211k - currently speanding 177k. I can raise about 1-2m and free up soem wages by selling surplus players.

Basically I had a go on my own and it failed miserably...so i reverted to a saved game at the start of the season.

I know about the likes of caicedo (striker), enyeama (gk) and azpilicueta (full back)...however none of these players are willing to enter negotiations :(

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: I think the most important thing is that I get a new back 4...goalkeeper seems to be around the 4 star mark apparently!

Last edited:
If i were you id raid the top four teams reserve players for Wilshire/Bolton-type season-long loans...Darren Gibson? Armand Traore,Gael Kakuta,Alex Henshall...?they might say yes for 100% wages

Last edited:
thanks, i've managed to get a few decent players in on loan. However I need a good left mid for around 2-3m?

Check transfer listed players, or players available on free transfer.

Man utd usually let go Carrick and Owen Hargreaves, I forget which season their contracts run out though.
Phil Neville was let go by Everton too. You need to check your game though to see who has been released.

thank for the tips..i managed to sta up in 15th place and I now have another 20m to spend on improving this team in my 4th season.

Mainly looking for a centre back, left back, left mid and a striker. Here is my best team:

gk: alex smithies
lb: eric abidal
cb: martin caceres
cb : tomas zapotocny
rb: marco motta

lm: xherdan shaqiri (loan ends in a few days)
cm: nigel reo-coker
cm: corry evans
rm: sebastien larsson

str: henrique
str: nabil baha

Cheers

Kadlec, Sanogo for striker or rafael toloi (sp?) for cb. All usually picked up by big teams and not played so should b interested in joining. Sergio Araujo for striker would also be quality and quite cheap if he is still at boca.