Just some advice needed with my tactic.

razorblade1

Reaction score
Hm, so I've started this Arsenal save, and I wanted to re-create the tactics of the Invincibles, where Wenger battered other teams with pace and power through the wings and the sheer strength and power of his midfield (Vieira & Silva).

However, I find myself pretty overrun in midfield at times, and it doesn't cut it at away games, though I admit that I don't really have a grasp on defensive tactics, which I would really love some help on here.

View attachment 256905

View attachment 256904

So my aim was to use Ozil as a kind of focal point of my midfield, and distribute my attacks to the wing via Depay and Sanchez, with Rambo as my Vieira, and Romero as my Gilberto Silva, but I find that my midfield gets horribly overrun at times, and my defence recently gets exposed more increasingly, so yeah. I've also found myself getting killed on the counter often, especially against big teams.

Any criticism & tips are welcome heh. Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:
I don't understand the comment about defensive tactics? This is using an Attacking mentality and isn't therefore defensive at all. You have 5 Attack duties, which is imo too many. Everyone is just bursting forward. It's no wonder you're getting overrun.