Greeeegooor

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am new to the Football Manager game. And Im not sure what team to go for, or what tactics.
Ive heard things like the pentagon challenge and the unemployed challenge in England. What do you think I should do and if you make a point can you tell me good players for that league.

Thanks. Any help appreciated(Y)

your the "manager" that is your job, :p but welcome to the game, and team you fancy managing? the club you support, a low league team and build them up? the best team?

as for the formation that depends on the team/playstyle you want nobody can really tell you that. you have to find out what suits your team

Ahaha, I know- And i support Arsenal and I dont really wanna go with them. I would like to build a team but i dunno what league and team

Maybe try a blue square prem team, get them into the premier league always good fun, or start unemployed. if swaying away from the english leagues, once you pick a team let me know

I chose Nuneaton Town- Blue bet Square premier

The best way to learn about the game is to manage an absolut top team in a league/country outside the top 5-6 ( Portugal, Greece, Turkey, etc). This way, you get to win games in the domestic competition and learn how you need to play againt teams sitting deep and defending, aswell as playing away to the likes of Barca and Real M in the CL get to learn the need of playing more cautious and cynical in those matches.

This is weird, I assumed every football fan was also a die hard FM player. The two always seem to go hand in hand. Don't go a low league team to start. Have some fun with it, win a few trophies, THEN challenge yourself.

Thanks guys- i did have a little go on FM12 but im not familiar completly with the game

As "FootballManagerG0D" said, I agree.

From my point of view, do a season with a higher team that your not committed to continue.

This way you will get used to where to find the things you need throughout a season, get quicker navigating across the game, create shortlists of players you want to sign in a real save, mess around with tactics see what they do.

I have always done this with new FM's and Iv been playing since the 90's.

You'll have more fun that way when you approach a challenge you really wish to accomplish, rather than struggling to understand what's going wrong in an unfamiliar environment.

Okay, Thankyou- so like go for a team in Portugal or Another semi big nation?? Then learn how to play, then do a tough challenge?