Balo

Reaction score
has anyone tried tactics that actually work with lower league teams, or even low end BPL teams and had good success with them? All the tactics i have seen here is mainly for the bigger teams when it is pretty easy anyway when you have millions to spend along with already quality players in that side. Has anyone got promoted from championship and got a high position in the prem the following season?

for me personaly, ive always found with lower leagues is to stay away from downloaded tactics, and just keep things simple. tight at the back, physical midfield, and a decent striker will perform well against lower league teams.

personal is a huge thing in lower league, in my opinion anyway, where as in the top leagues, there is more importance on tactics.

has anyone tried tactics that actually work with lower league teams, or even low end BPL teams and had good success with them? All the tactics i have seen here is mainly for the bigger teams when it is pretty easy anyway when you have millions to spend along with already quality players in that side. Has anyone got promoted from championship and got a high position in the prem the following season?

just keep things simple.

o.png

I can't say I've tried. But I imagine it would be tough. Most created tactics are going to have a specific approach that require certain players - or types of players - to function ideally. With a bigger club, the players might not be perfect fits but they are often good enough quality that they can still work. And its somewhat easier to get players who fit more exactly.

LLM typically means you have players of pretty limited skill and that can be really problematic to a tactic. Nothing like trying to play a really high defensive line with two central defenders with 4 pace. Or an aggressive press tactic with a squad that has very low aggression.