19 Messi 10

Reaction score
Like the titel says, I just wondring how you get a 4th division team or lower to be the best team in the countri?
I have tried many times to do the same whitout luck, and now asking you guys how you did it.

Can you guys tell give some tips about tactics or how to find the right players to a team, is training importan ? Or you can just tell how you got to the top with a not so good team.

well, to start off with you need to win trophies. Win all the minor ones on your way to the top flight. Once you get there solidify your squad. I generally work hard on the training pitch make sure my players are working hard on improving their attributes.

Buy for the future. Get your self a good crop of scouts that have high levels of player potential scouting. Use them as far as you can and make sure they are scouting different area's. Bring in the best youth talent you can find from all over the world. Get them in your youth set up early get them used to playing your tactics then when they break into the first team they will have no trouble adapting to your playing style and will be great players from the get go.

Build a reputable youth system, Start with junior coaching, make sure you have high quality training grounds as well as youth facilities, this will enable your youth players to be higher quality and lessen the need to sign players in the future.

Be tight with your funds. Don't go splashing out millions of pounds/euro's on one player, spread your transfer fee's out, buy youth and buy young talented players who haven't quite hit their potential yet. Sell players that are dead weight, even if you take losses on them, it's better to take the income and lose their wages than have them sit in the reserve squad for 2 years before you let them leave for free when their contract expires.

Loans - Starting in the lower leagues you will need to focus on getting in young players on loans from top squads. This means that your squad will be rotating every year, but ensures that you have a great squad.

As for giving you players, it's tough because it will all depend on who's available and who will actually sign for you team. I'd suggest scouring the free agent lists every year until you are in the prem, that's when you can sign top notch talent.

Hope these tips help, if you wanna talk tactics and such add me to steam - spinelesscoma - I'll be more than willing to help you along your FM journey

Good luck, Have fun.

I would post, but there doesnt seem to be much to add after what faulky10 has written.

This part of the FM -Base Forum is specifically there for Lower League Managers:

Lower League Managers