Justice For Liam Cole

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Here is the story...

HEARTBROKEN staff at a York school have paid tribute to an “incredibly popular” pupil who died after being found hanging at his home.

The 12-year-old from York High School, named locally as Liam Cole, was discovered unconscious at the property in Bramham Avenue, Chapelfields, Acomb.

North Yorkshire Police said officers were called at about 1.10pm on Sunday afternoon by the ambulance service.

“The boy received emergency treatment and was taken to York Hospital where, sadly, he was pronounced dead,” said a force spokeswoman.

She said police were investigating to establish the circumstances surrounding his death.

However, officers believed there were no suspicious circumstances and a report would be prepared for the coroner.

A Yorkshire Ambulance spokeswoman said a crew was called at about 1pm to an address in Bramham Avenue, where it treated a 12-year-old boy before transferring him to York Hospital for further care.

David Ellis, head teacher at York High School, said everyone in the school community was devastated by the news.

He said the pupil had been a “lovely young man who was incredibly popular with staff and his peers”.

He said: “It was not unusual for him to sit and have lunch with me and he really enjoyed school. He was involved in lots of activities at school, often arriving as early as possible and staying late to attend after school clubs.

“We are all heartbroken that a young man with so much to offer has been taken away from us.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this terrible time. We are all pulling together to support each other, our young people and their families.”

Mark Barnett, former headteacher of Westfield Primary Community School, in Askham Lane, York, which Liam attended before moving on to York High, said: "When I heard the news I was extremely shocked. I always remember Liam as going out of his way to say ‘good morning’ to me. My sympathies go to his family.”

Coun Andrew Waller, City of York Council leader, who is a governor at the school, said “It’s a very tragic event. I have been in to the school today and it has obviously caused a tremendous impact.”

--------------------------------------

A YORK schoolboy wrote a note before he was found hanging from his bunk bed by a dressing-gown cord, an inquest has heard.

Liam Cole, 12, was discovered unconscious at his home in Bramham Avenue, Chapelfields, on Sunday afternoon, shortly after talking to his mother for the last time.

York coroner Donald Coverdale opened an inquest yesterday into the York High School pupil’s death.

He said Liam went to his bedroom on Sunday morning, and when his mother Nicola Montgomery went up to his room that lunchtime, she discovered the door was closed.

She walked into the room to find her son unconscious and slumped on the floor with the cord around his neck. The other end had been tied around the top bunk of Liam’s bed.

Attempts were made to resuscitate him and he was taken to York Hospital, but he was pronounced dead at 2pm, with his mother formally identifying his body. The inquest also heard Liam had left a note in his bedroom, though its contents have not been disclosed.

A post mortem examination has taken place and a preliminary cause of death has been given as hanging by the neck.

The inquest was formally opened and adjourned to allow Liam’s family, who were not at the short hearing, to make funeral arrangements.

As previously reported by The Press, North Yorkshire Police were called to Liam’s home at about 1.10pm on Sunday afternoon by Yorkshire Ambulance Service.

Police are investigating but believe there are no suspicious circumstances.

Several tributes have been left on Facebook by friends, but police have urged people not to speculate about his death.

David Ellis, head teacher at York High School, has said everybody in the school community had been left heartbroken and described Liam was a “lovely young man” who enjoyed school and was involved in lots of activities and clubs.

To sum it up, the pupil was bullied so badly he took his own life as he couldn't cope anymore.. There is a group on Facebook about this and they need help if you could sign this online petition it would be a massive help!

Please Sign This
http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/justice-for-liam-cole/1317

I didn't know Liam but he went to my old school and I have friends who knew him, and they've all done something so I thought I'd try help.

I know this did happen a month or so ago, but I've only recently started to get the inbox messages from the group and they need people to sign the petition. So please do!

Last edited:
R.I.P Liam :'(

Also signed the signed the petition.

Poor lad, Rest in peace.

If i saw someone bullying another kid or person... my god.... last thing that ****** would do in his life.

Rest In Peace poor lad :(

Scum who brought this on should be ashamed. Let's hope they are brought to justice.

signed, awful that he was being treated so badly by his stepdad that he thought he had to kill himself. Quick question though, why is a petition required to allow his note to be read out?

R.I.P

It's terrible that a lad with a massive future ahead of him would do such a thing

If i saw someone bullying another kid or person... my god.... last thing that ****** would do in his life.

Rest In Peace poor lad :(

That would make you just as bad as the other bloke.

RIP. Always sad when a kid dies, and it's always worse when he takes his own life.