mcsheffrey

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time doing this so go easy on me please.

I wanted to create a formation and style of play similar to Juventus and seen there wasn't much around so decided to give it ago myself and try to perfect it. It was up and down at first then after a few tweeks over the course of the season I managed to nearly perfect it but however I am still trying to perfect a slightly more defensive and counter attacking version for those big games away from home in Europe.

Aim of the tactic is to high pressure and quickly attack when possession is won back but with possession slightly deeper the team will build up play and probe for an opening.

I have only tested this formation with Juventus and believe a true test of a tactic is using it at lower levels and with worse division teams, so that being said this tactic might fail with lower teams and might need adjusting to make it more solid.

Formation: 3-1-4-2

8xkl.png

Here is some results and stats showing what it is capable of doing:

4rpx.png

x630.png

k4kv.png

ywoa.png

Player Roles:

Personally I play the players in their preferred player roles within reason and its about common sense really but the computer isn't always right about this so be careful and check it yourself too.

Player Instructions:

Again its about common sense, so for example everybody in the team apart from the Strikers I have set "Shoot less often". Here I make an exception for Pogba who I actually set "Shoot more often", this is because his shooting is 18 and its only logical.

I can't stress enough how Player Roles and Player Instructions is down to common sense and not set in stone.

I hope some people download and test this for me and give feedback on thoughts that would be much appreciated and once I have perfected a Counter or Defensive version for particularly tough games then I will upload that too and look for feedback.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've got to just ask one question, you didn't register Vidal for the Champions League!? Had he been injured?

Also, if Llorente is anything like on FM13, he'll score an incredible amount of goals from the Target Man (Attack) role. He got something like 360 in 340 games for me at Spurs!

I've got to just ask one question, you didn't register Vidal for the Champions League!? Had he been injured?

Also, if Llorente is anything like on FM13, he'll score an incredible amount of goals from the Target Man (Attack) role. He got something like 360 in 340 games for me at Spurs!

There was an injury to Vidal and I usually play my backup squad in European group stages and cup games so they get playing time and experience. Obviously this probably wouldn't work in real life, players join clubs to play in the champions league. However I see everything outside of the league as a bonus and play 1st Team for league games primarily.

Llorente is a Target Man Attack for me also and he is scoring plenty of goals.

How did you get the money to buy jovetic, nainggolan, berrardi, cuadrado?

DLP in the DM position? would be better to use a Regista instead.

also, you try try the target man as support and the other striker as a poacher of Advanced forward, that way the Target man will more often look to play in is striker partner and create more chances as well as taking his own shots.

A warning - High tempo possession football will result in counter attacks which could be otherwise avoided, for possession football, you want to utilise lower tempo.

How did you get the money to buy jovetic, nainggolan, berrardi, cuadrado?

Nainggolan was my only signing season 1, Think the other 3 were 2nd season. Jovetic has been awful and constantly injured, Berrardi I loaned out but Cuadrado has been decent.

Think I owned 50% of Berrardi anyway.

DLP in the DM position? would be better to use a Regista instead.

also, you try try the target man as support and the other striker as a poacher of Advanced forward, that way the Target man will more often look to play in is striker partner and create more chances as well as taking his own shots.

A warning - High tempo possession football will result in counter attacks which could be otherwise avoided, for possession football, you want to utilise lower tempo.

I have changed alot since the original post.

I have won 3 consecutive Scudetto and 2 Champions League Semi Finals, so doing fine atm.

Last edited:
My mistake:/ did not see you where in second season. and yes you owned Berrardi 50% from start.

kinda similar to tactic i am working on, but for A.C milan, same shape, mostly different roles though, it's a decent formation :)