Juventus: Making La Vecchia Signora Return to Champions League Glory

aechchaibi1

Reaction score
Intro
In shock news, Antonio Conte left his Juventus post for Real Madrid, after Mourinho went to Chelsea. Adam Echchaibi, the former Colorado Rapids, Arsenal and Juventus player, was immediately hired. Andrea Agnelli, said he had a lot of faith in Echchaibi. Echchaibi has been handed a 1 year, 25.5 k pounds a week, contract. Echchaibi has all summer to work with the team and decide which players he wants and which players he doesn’t.

Transfers

Juventus have been in the hunt for a big name striker to propel them to Champions League glory. They signed Fernando Llorente who will move to Juventus in July of 2013. However, I needed someone else to partner him. As good as Quagliarella is in the Serie A, I do not see him being able to start in Champions League matches. Also, some youth is needed in defense and midfield. However, before new players could be brought in I had to clear out the dead wood. I was given 13.25 million pounds as my starting budget. To increase that, I sold a couple of big names that were not in my first team plans.

Out(Summer)

Nicklas Bendnter (Loan Terminated)
Marco Storari to Udinese for 1.4 million
Stefano Padovan on loan to Pro Vercelli
Andrea Leone on loan to Tritium
Mirko Vucinic to Arsenal for 15.25 million
Emmanule Giaccherini to PSG for 10 million
Paolo de Ceglie to Wolfsburg for 3 million
Filippo Penna on loan to Savona
Stefano Beltrame on loan to Reggiana
Laurentiu Branescu on loan to Carpi
Horour Magnusson on loan to Carpi
Simone Emmanuello on loan to Borgo a Buggiano
Alessandro Matri on loan to Atletico Madrid (150,000 p/m)
Simone Padoin co-owned with Palermo for 1.9 million

So most of my transfers out were youth players going out on loan and getting chances to develop, so in 3 or 4 seasons they can be put in my first team plans or sold for good money. I also sold Giaccherini and Vucinic. Giaccherini is overpriced in this game, so I took the money. Vucinic is in his prime and this is the best money I could get out of him, so I accepted. I made 31 million pounds to free up space for better, cheaper players.

In (Summer)

Maxime Gonalons on loan from Lyon (220,000 p/m)
Javier Hernandez from Manchester United for 13.5 million
Guillermo Burdisso from Boca Juniors for 6.25 million
Younes Belhanda from Montpellier for 18.25 million
Abel Hernandez from Palermo for 5 million

I needed youth in the midfield, so I shored up the defensive part by signing Frenchman Maxime Gonalons from Lyon on loan. I might purchase him later on if he does well. My big name striker was Chicharito. Sir Alex didn’t want him and put him on the transfer list for 13.5. So I snapped him up very cheaply. Andrea Pirlo will retire in a few years, so I needed to find a capable replacement. Paul Pogba is a great player, but does not play the creative playmaker. So I brought in Moroccan international Younes Belhanda for 18.25 million, which is a bit pricey. However, he is the final piece which will make the Juventus midfield the best in the world. Last but not least, Abel Hernandez from Palermo. In my Chester save, he became the World Player of the Year. So, 5 million pounds for a possible World Player of the Year is not much.

Halfway Roundup

It has been a pretty good season so far and Juventus are currently second behind surprise leaders Sampdoria by 6 points. We are in the knockout stages of the Champions League. I was approached by Chelsea for the manager role, but I decided to stay. I might offload some players to free up space for the summer transfer window. Also, Leonardo Bonucci won Serie A Player and Defender of the Year. Gianluigi Buffon won Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year. Cristiano Ronaldo won World Player of the Year. I also sold unused winger Simone Pepe to Atletico and offloaded aging striker Fabio Quagliarella to Feyenoord on loan. My biggest signing was young, raw striker Luc Castaignos.

In (Winter)
Fabrizio Allimondi from Cagliari for 775,000
Luc Caistagnos from FC Twente for 8.5 million

Out (Winter)
Simone Pepe to Atletico Madrid for 10.75 million
Carlo Pinsoglio on loan to Viareggio

Supercoppa Italiana

Juventus 1-0 Napoli

Fabio Quagliarella got injured at half-time, so I brought on new signing Javier Hernandez. 3 minutes after he came on, he scored an easy tap in from a Sebastian Giovinco cross. What a way to introduce yourself! We won the Supercoppa for my first piece of silverware for the season.

Coppa Italia

Juventus 3-0 Novara
Juventus 1-2 Napoli

Serie A 2012/2013
Cagliari 1-0 Juventus
Juventus 3-0 Bologna
Napoli 0-2 Juventus
Juventus 1-0 Roma
Sampdoria 0-1 Juventus
Juventus 3-0 Milan
Juventus 2-3 Pescara
Juventus 0-0 Chievo
Juventus 1-0 Palermo
Fiorentina 0-0 Juventus
Juventus 2-0 Siena
Catania 0-0 Juventus
Juventus 0-0 Lazio
Genoa 2-3 Juventus
Torino 3-1 Juventus
Juventus 5-0 Udinese
Atalanta 1-0 Juventus
Juventus 2-0 Parma
Juventus 0-3 Inter
Juventus 2-0 Cagliari
Bologna 1-3 Juventus
Juventus 3-2 Napoli
Roma 1-0 Juventus
Juventus 0-0 Sampdoria
Milan 1-3 Juventus
Pescara 0-2 Juventus
Juventus 4-1 Chievo
Palermo 2-1 Juventus
Siena 0-1 Juventus
Juventus 2-0 Fiorentina
Juventus 3-1 Catania
Lazio 2-3 Juventus
Juventus 4-0 Genoa
Inter 0-1 Juventus
Juventus 0-1 Torino
Udinese 0-2 Juventus
Juventus 0-0 Atalanta
Parma 1-1 Juventus

Overall, this was a great season! We were a bit disappointing in the Coppa Italia, but we got out of a group in the UEFA CL that contained Barcelona and Shaktar, so that was impressive. We put up a hard fight against Real and almost went through. I won the Serie A with ease, with the odd loss here and there. I am looking forward to next season!

Last edited:
This seasons objectives are to get to the Champions League semi-finals, win the Serie A, and win the Coppa Italia. We’ll see how it goes!

August 2013

Transfers Out

Felipe Melo to Atletico Madrid for 5,000,000
Nicolas Anelka to Montpellier for free
Alessandro Matri to AS Monaco for 7,500,000
Marco Motta on loan to Sampdoria for 35,000 p/m
Fabio Quagliarella on loan to Valencia for 110,000 p/m
Reto Ziegler to Olympiakos for 4,100,000
Christian Pasquato to Pescara for 625,000
Stephan Lichtsteiner to Real Madrid for 9,250,000
James Troisi to Catania for 275,000
Andrea Pirlo on loan to Lyon
Luca Marrone to Udinese for 3,300,000

I let go of most of the fringe players for a nice wad of cash. I let Pirlo go because he was getting injured and his performances were decreasing. I also sold Lichtsteiner to Real because he was already 29 and 9.25 million was the most I could ever get for him.

Transfers In

Augustin Allione from Velez Sarsfield for 4,400,000
Manolo Gabbiadini from Atalanta for 2,500,000
Kwadwo Asamoah from Udinese for 9,000,000
Richmond Boakye for 2,500,000
Fernando Llorente for free from Athletic Bilbao
Neymar from Santos for 45,500,000 million
Javi Garcia from Manchester City for 1,100,000

I brought in Neymar for 45 million, which is a bit pricey, but I hope he will prove the doubters wrong. Also, Llorente was signed in real life for free, so the game already had that in there. The others were just signing players from loans. Also, I snapped up Javi Garcia for an absolute bargain of 1.1 million.

Supercoppa Italiana

Juventus 2-1 Napoli

Napoli started well with Cavani rounding Buffon in the 5th​ minute after Caceres headed the ball backwards. I immediately brought Barzagli on for Caceres and he scored the equalizer in the 66th​ minute. We had to wait all the way until the 100th​ minute in extra time when Fernando Llorente, our new signing, headed the winner off an Arturo Vidal freekick.

Serie A

Juventus 1-1 Udinese

A very disappointing draw where we dominated the game, but were unable to come up with the win. Paul Pogba scored in the 69th​ minute, before Di Natale equalized in the 80th​ minute after scrappy defending. The main points of the match were Claudio Marchisio getting injured for 6 weeks and reigning Serie A Player of the Year Leonardo Bonucci breaking his leg and being out for 6 MONTHS!

Lazio 0-1 Juventus

A solid victory away at the Olimpico. Fernando Llorente scored the winner off a corner in the 11th​ minute and Gianluigi Buffon made an amazing save in the 94th​ minute to preserve the win.