Juventus Torino - Taking the "Old Lady" to the top again

razwy_20

Reaction score
Breaking News!

After only a few days in charge, Luigi Del Neri retired as coach of Juventus Torino. He sustained a quick press conference in which he explained his resignation:

"From this moment i am not in charge of this team any more. My family is going through a difficult time right now and i want to be with them. I'm sorry that a can't guide this team in the new season but i'm sure that who ever comes after me will do a very good job because it's a good bunch of players and they can bring this club to the success that it deserves". Del Neri then ended the press conference very upset and left to be with his family.

Press is already speculating on the new head coach of Juventus and in pole position seam to be 3 coaches:

1. Marcelo Lippi

View attachment 106946

2. Juande Ramos

View attachment 106951

3. Gianluca Vialli

View attachment 106952

With the most chances to take the job is the bianconeri legend Marcelo Lippi. He won the Champions league with them back in 1995, 5 Scudetto's and several other trophies. We'll just have to wait and see how negotiations will go and don't forget about Vialli who won the Champions League with Juve in 1995 being trained by Lippi.

Gianluca Vialli takes Juventus job!

View attachment 106953

Vialli's First Press Conference!

Reporter: How do fell to be Juve's coach?
Vialli: It's a dream come true, i never thought i'll end up being Juve's coach!
Reporter: Do you think the squad need improvement?
Vialli: I'll have a meeting with the club's staff and the staff that i'll be bringing and take a look at the squad. Probably will want to ad 2 or 3 players to complete the team.
Reporter: What is your objective for the first season with Juve?
Vialli: I want to take this club as high as i can, my minimum expectation is to reach a Champions League place and at the final of the season to reach a podium place.
Reporter: Will your plans include legends Del Piero and Buffon?
Vialli: They are 2 fabulous player and i'll certainly rely on them.
Vialli: Thank you for your time, now i have a practice session to attend and i want to meet my staff and players.

We'll just have to wait and see what the former Chelsea manager has in mind for the Italian giants and hope he can bring some success for the "Old Lady".

Last edited:
With former Italian legend in charge of the team and not much time for training until the first official game, it will be interesting to see how Vialli will prepare the players for the game against Bosnian side Siroki Brijeg. Juve reached the second qualifying round by beating Kazakh side FC Tobyl.

Interesting will be the transfers that the new manager will have in mind, as he expressed his desire to bring a left winger in the coming weeks. The board gave him a transfer budget of 17 mil. so he has the money to bring players.

View attachment 107005

Just two days after he was installed, Vialli travels to Bosnia for the second qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League. With the side surely not fully fit to play in official games, fans will want the new manager to begin with a win.

View attachment 107006

And so it was. Juventus won 4-0, with the score not reflecting what happened on the pitch. The score should have been worse for the Bosnian side. Claudio "Principino" Marchisio collecting the MOM award. He's midfield display was almost perfect. This win means that the return leg will be a pre-season friendly for Juventus.

Between the two qualifying games Gianluca Vialli brings his first transfer and it's Hungarian star Balazs Dzsudzsak, for a fee of 12.5 mil witch will be payed in 48 monthly installments and a 50% percent fee from a future transfer.

View attachment 107007

Young winger will be eager to impress his new manager and make the fans proud of him.

He was in the stand for the return leg against Siroki Brijeg and it was a walk in the park for the Italian giants as they destroyed the Bosnian side with 11-0.

View attachment 107008

The draw put Juve against former Sweden champions, Elfsborg. It's expected that Juve will go flying in to the play-off stage of the competition and have no trouble in qualifying.

Pre-season preparations are continuing as Juve travel to Belgium to meet Deinze.

View attachment 107009

Juve won 5-0 as expected and Vialli told the press that it was a good preparation match for the game against the Swedish side.

Juve played against Elfsborg with the best squad available, only Dzsudzsak and Martinez who were not registered to play in this competition watched from the stands.

View attachment 107010

Comfortable win for Juventus as they scored 2 goals in each half to win 4-0. They completely dominated the game and should have won with a bigger score line.

Between the two games with Elfsborg Juve continued the pre-season preparations with Ponferradina. Easy game won with 2-0, Del Piero scoring both goals. Vialli spoke about this game and said it was useful for the fitness of the players.

Before the Elfsborg game there was the draw for the Europa League Play-Off stage and Juve will play former Poland champions Polonia Warzsawa with the first leg being played in Poland.

Almost a friendly in Sweden for Juve as they won 1-0 with a Fabio Quagliarella goal.

View attachment 107016

Two weeks before the Serie A season begins and Gianluca Vialli said the players are almost fit for the first day, but it's still time to improve with two more friendly games in hand.

Three days after the Elfsborg game the team traveled to Belgium, again, to meet Standard Liege in a traditional friendly witch is played every year by the two teams.

View attachment 107017

And it was a good game that ended in a draw, 1-1, the Belgium side supporters went home satisfied and Juve continued to prepare for the new season and traveled back to Italy where they will play in the traditional "Silvio Berlusconi" trophy on 13 august at San Siro.

Even if it's a friendly game, there is never e friendly between this two giants. Each team has it's pride and the players want to meet the supporters expectations. The Bianconeri players did just that by winning the game with a injury time goal by young winger Walter Carta. Joy for the fans even if it was a friendly game, they always will enjoy beating The Rosoneri.

View attachment 107018

After this period the players will have a day's brake to recover and prepare for the Play-Off Stage of the Europa League and the first day of the new Serie A season.

Hope you enjoy the story so far, i'll update tomorrow and continue with august and september.

Last edited:
Balasz Dzsudazs or whatever the **** you spell it! Mate, there are better options than him and cheaper too. Albin, Di Maria?
Anyways, good luck. :)

Sorry if there are some spelling or grammar mistakes, i'll try to be careful not to make any. :)

After a week without an official game Juve continue their Europa League adventure as they travel to Poland to face Polonia Warszawa. The Italians will try to end the tie from the first game and make the return leg easier. Vialli will most certainly field his best squad in Poland to make his official debut a proud day in his carrier.

View attachment 107179

Juve won comfortably with a 3-0 score line with 2 goals by Amauri in the first half and one by Quagliarella. It was an easy game for the Bianconeri that makes the return leg a preperation game for the new season that starts in just 3 days.

It's a day for celebrations in Cesena as they welcome Juventus Turin. The newly promoted side will have to stand tall against Vialli's squad as Juve will want to kick off the season with a win.

View attachment 107180

And so it was, Juve won 1-0 with a Fabio Quagliarella goal 5 minutes in the second half. It was a fabulous goal from a 25 yards free kick witch ended up just under the cross-bar. Juventus controlled most of the game and came close to scoring a second goal but Marchisio hit the post from close range. Stadio Dino Manuzzi nearly erupted 2 minute inside injury time when Cesena striker Giaccherini hit the cross-bar with a fine header from the 6 yard box. And so, Juventus start the season with an expected win but fans will most certainly wonder why their favourites failed to win by more than one goal.

Before the Europa League return leg with Polonia Warszawa Gianluca Vialli held a press conference where he expressed his delight after winning in the first day of the new Serie A season. Also, he told the reporters that the players are not fully fit, though all is going great for the squad and the atmosphere in the dressing room is a very good one.

View attachment 107181

Walk in the park for Juve at the Stadio Olimpico with an expected win, 3-0 it was on the night, with all three strikers sent on the field throughout the game scoring. Quagliarella opened the scoring after only 3 minutes, Del Piero doubling the score with a superb free kick after 36 minute. Iaquinta closed the score line 10 minutes before the end of the game with a close range header.

Emotions were high at the Europa League Group Stage draw where Juventus awaited to see who they will have to fight for the two places to reack knockout round.

View attachment 107182

And Juventus will have to battle with another Italian, Roberto Mancini as they will face Manchester City. But the other two team drawn are not that tough, dutch side Feyenoord and danish Brondby. Juve will start the campaign in Denmark with high expectations as they are considered one of the competition favorites.

Last game before the brake for the international game, Juve welcome Bologna at Stadio Olimpico and everyone expects a win as Bologna are not considered a first class team in Italy.

Gianluca Vialli has no new squad problems, with Sissoko and Buffon not recovered from old injuries.

View attachment 107183

The Olimpico was full and fans came to see the new Juventus, but left a little disappointed as their favorites failed to impress and only managed to draw the game. A stupid error from defender, Leonardo Bonucci, who gifted Marco Di Vaio a ball in a 6 yard box led to the opener of the game. Storari was left standing on the goal line as Bonucci passed the ball to weak, Di Vaio intercepted and scored easily on 57 minute..

Juve picked up the peaces quickly with Bologna's lead lasting only 8 minutes. New signing Dzsudzsak score a sensational goal on 65 minutes. A magnificent first time shot from a close angle left keeper Viviano standing. After that everyone expected Juve to go all the way and win it, but surprisingly, the team who were more dangerous were the guest, but nothing notable happened till the end and the game finished with a 1-1 draw.

It is clear that Juve players need time to blend and get to know each other. This two week break don't to the team any good with most of the players being on international duty.

After players came back from their national squads, Vialli needed to prepare the team for and get them focused on their game at Chievo. He knew it wasn't gonna be an easy game, Chievo being a though team at Stadio Bentegodi.

View attachment 107184

It was a very entertaining game that had everything, many goals, red cards and a lot of controversial referee decisions. After chances for both teams, Juventus opened the scoring after 35 minutes with a close range shot from Felipe Melo. Four minutes after the goal the game turned for Juve as Claudio Marchisio received the marching orders for a second yellow card. Sheer stupiditi from the midfielder as he got the second yellow for a useless foul in midfield.

After the brake Chievo seamed a more motivated side as they pressed to get the equalizer. And they did! 62 minutes in the game a great through pass found Luciano face to face with Storari and he did not hesitate in beating the keeper. 1-1 with in 10 men. But as they say, a 10 man squad is a more motivated side than a full 11 men side. And so it was. After just 4 minutes Antonazzo brought down Quagliarella in the penalty area and the referee awarded a penalty and a yellow card for the Chievo defender. Aquiani steped up and scored with a cool finish to make it 2-1 for the visitors. Six minutes after that Juve got another penalty. Deja vu for Chievo fans as Quagliarella was brought down again by Antonazzo and another penalty and yellow card awarder. This meant that both sides were playing 10 to 10 men. Same corner from Aquilani and Juve went 3-1 up. Stubborn Chievo managed to get one back with a Pellissier goal on 80 minutes, but it was not enough as Juve made it 2 wins from 3 games in Serie A.

After a hard game it Verona Juve traveled to Denmark for the first group stage game against Brondby.

View attachment 107185

Gianluca Vialli fielded almost the same squad as he did in the last game, only two changes made. Iaquinta and Aquilani were sent on from the first minute. Pure inspiration from the Italian manager as Iaquinta scored three goals and Aquilani had one assist to those goals. Easy game even if the danish managed to lever the score half way in the first period. Great start in the group stage for Juventus as they hope to make it 2 wins in a row in Europa League, next mach at home against Feyenoord Rotterdam.

I'll continue my story tomorrow, hope someone enjoys it!

Last edited: