saltwaterfsh

Reaction score
I signed otamendi for about 10 million two seasons ago and he played fantastic for me but when man city bid 30m for him I found it too hard to resist. I immediately sort a replacement and signed K papadopolous from shalke for about 21m and he's doing terrible! My fans hate him and he's had a few 5.0 ratings, I know he's only played about 10 games for me so I may be jumping the gun but should I look to buy someone like hummels or should I be patient with him? what are your experiences with him?

Patient. He is amazing when he settles tbh. A few questions - is his PA high (i saw in a post you use genie, so you should know, as it is randomly 150-180) but in my experience yes, play him as a normal CB or a limited CB and he'll do the business, dont try play him as ball playing though!

give him a while, when he finds his feet he is quality, in one of my saves he was rotation with vidic and at only 2 star C/A he won young player of year and his potential is 3 1/2 stars, once he got there he was amazing... just give him time to get settled, maybe put your third choice CB in place of him for a few matches

I've signed him 2nd year in with Arsenal and he's been excellent so far. Has averaged 7.40 rating and scored 4 goals in 13 appearances as well. Wins a lot of the ball in the air, and surprisingly, given his aggression is yet to receive a yellow card.

I think he doesn't get a yellow because he has super marking and tackling and all his tackles hit the ball. So he really is incredible.

I used him as CB Cover I *think* as he is fairly quick for a CB, did well enough next to Thiago Silva :)

I've had him with Spurs. Paired him with Subotic and played a very high defensive line. Because of Papadopolous' insane tackling, determination, and aggression he tends to be great at rushing players to prevent a dangerous counter from developing, allowing the passing carousel to continue. I'm assuming with a deeper defensive line his marking would help more, though.

You could also try him in DM, he can play there on the game as a no-nonsense tackler, as Schalke often have in real life.

Is he better at cb or dm? I was thinking of buying him as an anchorman.