k3r0s3x's 4-2-4 Dominating the Game Tactic

Used with Sunderland

Hi,

I used this with Sunderland , it started of poorly then sparked into life. See screenshots , some hilarious results I must say. I set it as on holiday the whole time...

Im restarting the season , I'll fine tune it :O)

Hope you like!!

Last edited:
I tried your tactic. And the result was very impressed with the 2-0 win over Man Utd. Tyvm bro (K)

Then it seems i have a bright future of creating tactics ahead of me :)

Thanks to all of you for the support and keep using the tactic and keep posting good results :D

Its pretty much the same tactic I'm using witch some minor changes.

"MCR - Advanced Playmaker ( Support )
MCL - Box to Box Midfielder ( Support )"

It works better for me when both central mids have some defensive duties so I'm going with "Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)" and "Ball Winning Mid (Defend)"

Maybe I will change that "Ball Winning Mid" for another "Deep Lying (Def)" when I find someone on that position.

Do you have some special "Set Pieces" tactic ?

Hi there !

Player instructions:

Here are the players instruction:

GK - Goalkeeper ( Defend )

DR - Full Back ( Automatic )
DCR - Central Defender ( Defend )
DCL - Central Defender ( Stopper )
DL - Full Back ( Automatic )

MCR - Advanced Playmaker ( Support )
MCL - Box to Box Midfielder ( Support )

AMR - Winger ( Support )
AML - Winger ( Support )

STCR - Advanced Forward ( Attack )
STCL - Deep Lying Forward ( Support )

Why there is a difference between what you have written and what is in the tactics.

Just see:

Sometimes when the opposition is playing an AMC, the match is hard cos the AMC manages to find loads of space between the lines and he is able to create chances easily with plenty of time

only played a couple of games so far but my centre backs have scored 4 goals!

I'm using a similar tactic, with Lierse SK (a promoted team from second division.)
I'm 2nd in my leageu at this point,
I used this tactic in FM 2010 too. won Champions league with Standard De Liege

Nice tactic k3r0s3x.

Currently using it with League One side Rochdale whom the media predict will finish 23rd.

Started off with 4 wins on the trot but then was blown away by MK Dons 7-4.
Anyway after a slight hiccup in form we play so much better with this tactic than other flat 442's.

Thanks very much and I hope that it helps carry Rochdale to a shock promotion to The Championship.

well thanks for the tactic mate ..... tactic works well with arsenal esp cause it suits players with high creativity its good for scoring goals against weaker sides ..... but on the down side like mentioned in a post b4 if the opp has a 'good' AMC in between the midfield n defence he wont be closed down fast enough n invariably he will either score or give n assist ..... so yea i tweaked it a bit esp for the tough away games who play wit a diff formation .. n now made arsenal unbeatable ^^) ..... yea also if u want the set piece tactic let me know vermaelen already has 8 goals half way in the season .... cheers

Trying with Blackburn- I've got Defour, Cairney on top of already good players.

I've tried several tactics and i find this one the best.

This tactic may the best.. I will try on Man U..
I search a tactic that can overcome away match. FM2011 make the game difficult in home advantage.. Most of tactic produce more in Attacking mentality which allow team to win home match easily but in other hand they got beaten badly in away match even with lower club.. So perhaps putting Control mentality may overcome this problem..
So to conclude that this tactic may the best among other but i try first an give my result..