Kallemannens DEEP 4-2-3-1 [Tactic development thread]

kallemannen

Reaction score
Hello

EDIT: SCROLL DOWN SOME POSTS FOR OI! I USED THESE OI, you can also try to play without
but then i have no idea how the tactic will perform

Get the latest version here: https://rapidshare.cc/getfile/code/3ceeaf018d811672c96017fed213463b

Use the OI showed in a post in on the first page
Use short corner from here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-tactics/350036-corners-11-goals-23-games.html

Credit to mazuma

As a big fan of this form, It had to be the first tactic I made/recreated this year
I know loads of people cant stand 2 dms, and must have 2 cms in their 4-2-3-1. Its debatable, but I see nothing wrong with having 2 DMs, its easy to retrain players.

I hope to find some other 4-2-3-1 fans who wants to test this tactic and spot flaws..

This formation is maybe the most suitable for counterattacking and direct play.
But thanks to the regista DM, and the AP in the attacking midfield, it turns out a bit more like a 4-3-3 making it good for a possession and controlling tactic
I have never suceeded making consistent (plug n play) counter tactics, instead i try to make tactics that limit opposition possession in defensive third

Alright, started off with Everton again

HVuMjDj

Alright, some nice results here
Man United 5-0 being probably the best one.
arsenal 4-2 aint bad either, swansea 3-0 away

A few thorns as well! 1-3 vs bournemouth had my jaw drop...
but then I realised, I should have dropped the D-line

Look at Leicester, I was 0-2 down, turned around to 4-2 thanks to the D line drop
Tactic presses a lot, so against long balling teams you get punished

usually having incredibly fast CBs (15 + pace and acc) will resolve this issue
But even then , dropping deeper might be useful

MDJXAnw

FM:ed in the derby.. **** :)

cINgebu

All about limiting your opponents possession in your defensive third..
AND not get caught by longballs all the time...
20 % vs 6 %, good numbers but cant get that consistency

------------------------------------------------------------------

Improvement(things i will look at) :

Might be the tactic fluidity, but possession could be higher
When trying to increase possession, tactic "power" fades so far

Tempo? Low or high.. right now, no tempo (normal). Tactic could perform better with a tempo set.
I like to play with normal tempo though but this tactic could improve possession with low tempo, but then loose its power to attack fast on the wings / counter

Tactic should be better imo

Played even games against chelsea and city.. but lost
Should be able to make a tactic that can beat those 2 teams away

Lost against bournemouth, cause of long passes being played in behind the back
Even with drop, defence could be improved
Not sure what to do.. stoppers or not? tight marking or not, press or not and so on
Quite unsure what to do with my CBs at the minute

----------------------------------------------------

Alright enough talk, her is the tactic for you to try out

https://rapidshare.cc/getfile/code/232ba27558b63efafff658964c57263d

Leave som ingame feedback, results and so on

Corner tactic (short) from strikerless forum/website

cheers

Last edited:
think images broke mate, sounds like a decent idea though. I usually buy dm's and retrain them as cm's for the 4231 :D

think images broke mate, sounds like a decent idea though. I usually buy dm's and retrain them as cm's for the 4231 :D

Yeah unfortuneatley.. all 3 screens are in the post above/below yours

yeah, the regista will act very much like your heart in midfield, so a complete CM will be very nice there, easy to retrain
so basically you only need one pure DM in the team

The RGA spot is better to have a CM with some defensive knowledge but whose main stats are pass, technique etc

Tactic looks potent in attack and CCC creation but need to dominate stats a bit more and possession
Also need to fix defence..
For example I got like 6 CCC against United, won 5-0 but only 10 shots, same as united

with just a few changes tactic could become really OP so hopefully I can fix this soon

The new d line fix worked great for several matches, against great opponents like Man U away

But then sunderland destroyed me at home with through balls.. ****, thats the first thing that needs to be fixed
how is the D line supposed to play.. hmmm, maybe drop deeper against long baller

I've done a mirror version if you have left footed players.

View attachment 973359

How are you doing with the tactic?

Tried with and without OI perhaps? Let me know what u think of the D-line

Its so hard, cause perfect balance is needed.. to little press and tactic will loose its power
too much and those long balling teams might destroy you even though their ****, hard to tell

I found this tactic to be better against top team than low table teams

Looking promising

Two first games at home : 5-1 vs Sporting 5-0 vs Roma

Great football, lots of CCCs, corners producing as well. I can't make SS I'm not sure why...

Two first games at home : 5-1 vs Sporting 5-0 vs Roma

Great football, lots of CCCs, corners producing as well. I can't make SS I'm not sure why...

Yeah it has played nice for me too, just a shame im not sure about the D line

Wether or not to use stopper CBs, pressing cbs, tight marking, having a d line set to low or high
such mind games..
hopefully i solve it or someone else .)

But let me know how it goes with your D line, I think u will see that bad teams will get CCC against u

Also ALT + F9 for screenshots end they end up in my documents > sports interactive > fm 2016 > screens

Aww, I only really play FM Classic so I guess this tactic is not for me :(

lol how stupid I am, why not just tell in the OI players not to tightly mark Strikers
I remember TFF9 had OI like that, clever, try that lads

That seems to have solved it but of course we have to try first!

Do the following
Go to OI: then on STC, and STCH,STCV select "never" on mark tighter.

Then: push higher up in instructions

this if the best d line far i think