KARA

Kris

Reaction score
So I found this blog today, this is a video from David Cage, writer and director of Heavy Rain. The video is a year old but has been released now, not as a new game but to show how far they have come since Heavy Rain.

Personally I am a bit gutted, the idea looks amazing for a great story based game. Can't wait to see what Quantic Dream come up with though. For me, this is the future of gaming. A lot of people don't like in depth story based games but for me, it's the only reason I play games. Aside from having a bit of fun playing fifa or COD online, I play games because it's another medium of story telling and this video is just fantastic! I really felt a connection with the character, the acting from the women is great and you sort of lose yourself and forget this is supposed to be a game.

[video=youtube;JtbDDqU3dVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JtbDDqU3dVI#![/video]

Quantic Dream Unveil KARA – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

I don't understand exactly what I was watching.. What's so special about a cut scene?

Although, if this is for a game like Heavy Rain I'm all for it. Loved Heavy Rain, it was more than a game. Games like Heavy Rain could one day kill off movies, IMO.

I don't understand exactly what I was watching.. What's so special about a cut scene?

Although, if this is for a game like Heavy Rain I'm all for it. Loved Heavy Rain, it was more than a game. Games like Heavy Rain could one day kill off movies, IMO.

It's more than just a cut scene. The animation is impressive but it's the idea and connection that you feel to the story that is really special, it's almost believable, like watching a film. These types of game really pull me into the story and get me addicted to playing, which I guess would be every developers dream. Heavy Rain was the beginning of a new genre of gaming, I'd expect many more to come in the next few years and I'm really looking forward to it

It's more than just a cut scene. The animation is impressive but it's the idea and connection that you feel to the story that is really special, it's almost believable, like watching a film. These types of game really pull me into the story and get me addicted to playing, which I guess would be every developers dream. Heavy Rain was the beginning of a new genre of gaming, I'd expect many more to come in the next few years and I'm really looking forward to it

Well, yeah, the animation is impressive. But every game developer could get animations like that they just usually don't because they use the game engine to fuel their cut scenes.. Unless this is the actual game engine? Then I'm very impressed.

Yep, cannot wait for their to be more games like Heavy Rain.. Surprised there hasn't been a more recent game in that genre released since. Although, everyone is still waiting to emerge from the lame CoD and Gears of War phase that were in.