MIDDLESBROUGH ... 3 QUEENS PARK RANGERS ...0

View attachment 444143
Double from the Juke to take his tally to 20 for the season

MIDDLESBROUGH ... 3 BLACKBURN ROVERS ... 0

View attachment 444144
Poor first half but came out and took Blackburn apart

BOLTON WANDERERS ... 1 MIDDLESBROUGH ...3

View attachment 444145
Three up in the first half then took the foot off the gas, closing in on the top spot now

DONCASTER ROVERS ... 0 MIDDLESBROUGH ...4

View attachment 444146
Emphatic away win against a poor Donny, now only just behind Brighton. Masterclass agin from Aimar, what a signing he is proving

MIDDLESBROUGH ...3 CARLTON ATHLETIC ...0

View attachment 444141
31,000 witnessed Boro go top for the first time this season, a double from Aimar settled the game within 22 minutes, only one game to go, Brighton at home for the Title

Player of the Month
View attachment 444148
Pablo Aimar
3rd Player of the month in a Row, totally changed the team, but credit to the whole team this month

Manager of the Month
View attachment 444140
View attachment 444150
Only Karanka's second award, fully deserved after leading his team to victories in every game this month

New Contract
View attachment 444151
Chairman Steve Gibson has today awarded Aitor Karanka with a new 4 year Contract, this signals the faith in the Spanish boss the board has. Hopefully the Teesside club have a bright future ahead.

Table as of 1st May ( One Game to Go)
View attachment 444152
What a final Month, won every game to go top for the first time all season, with promotion already secure just one to go now, second placed Brighton for the Title of Winners

Last edited:
May 2014
View attachment 444092
Result

View attachment 444096

MIDDLESBROUGH ...2... V ...1... BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION

View attachment 444092View attachment 444094View attachment 444093
View attachment 444095

Simple win to end the season. Capacity crowd watched as Middlesborough were crowned Sky Bet Championship Winners and will now play in the top flight again after a 5 year absence.

View attachment 444086

Player of the Season
View attachment 444089
Lukas Jutkiewicz

Brilliant all season and helped himself to 24 Goals, the big question is, can he reproduce this form in the Premiership

View attachment 444085
Pablo Aimar

Considering he only came in in January, he had a huge impact on the season, 15 goals in 19 games, with 8 MoM.

Final Table

View attachment 444087
View attachment 444097
Left it until the final 2 games to take the top spot, but credit to the team for never giving up

Hot Prospect In
View attachment 444088
Diego Batista

Will join for 3.6m in the January transfer window, safe to say I'm excited is an understatement, as I beat off Liverpool and Juventus for his signature, guy could be a beast.

Team of the Season
View attachment 444084
Quite surprised at the inclusion of Richardson, shame as he is gonna be one of the first players to leave in the re-shuffle

Season Fixtures Overview

View attachment 444090View attachment 444091

Last edited:
well done on promotion...
Aimar looks a wonder-buy, I must go back and take a look.

Good luck for the premier league.. looking forward to your next update.

well done on promotion...
Aimar looks a wonder-buy, I must go back and take a look.

Good luck for the premier league.. looking forward to your next update.

thanks bud,

he he has been outstanding, not wanting to give too much away but his form has dipped in the ore season, nowhere near as good!!

June 2014

Winners and Losers

-

Premiership: Manchester City

View attachment 442682

Relegated: Hull, Crystal Palace, West Ham

Top Scorer: Andreas Cornelius (Cardiff) - 22

View attachment 442678

Championship: Middlesbrough

View attachment 442677

Relegated: Derby, Millwall, Bournemouth

Top Scorer: Connor Sammon (Derby) - 25

View attachment 442667

League 1: Bristol City

View attachment 442680

Relegated: Sheffield United, Stevenage, Swindon, Wallsall

Top Scorer: Fredrico Macheda (Bristol City) - 19

View attachment 442668

League 2: Burton Albion

View attachment 442681

Relegated: Exeter City, Newport County

Top Scorer: Adam McGurk (Burton) - 21

View attachment 442669

FA Cup: Arsenal

View attachment 442679

League Cup: Manchester United

View attachment 442683

Spain: Real Madrid

View attachment 442673

Relegated: Villareal, Rayo, Levante

Top Scorer: Leo (Atletico Madrid) - 21

View attachment 442670

Germany: Bayern Munich

View attachment 442675

Relegated: Hoffenheim, Braunschweig

Top Scorer: Artjoms Rudnevs (Leverkusen) - 18

View attachment 442671

France: Paris Saint-Germain

View attachment 442674

Relegated: Nantes, Bastia, Guingamp

Top Scorer: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG) - 25

View attachment 442672

Italy: AC Milan

View attachment 442660

Relegated: Parma, Sassuolo, Verona

Top Scorer: Mario Gomez (Fiorentina) - 26

View attachment 442664

Portugal: FC Porto

View attachment 442684

Relegated: Pacos Ferreira, Arouca

Top Scorer: Jackson Martinez (FCP) - 14

View attachment 442665

View attachment 442662

Champions League: Real Madrid

View attachment 442673

Top Scorer: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG) - 10

View attachment 442672

View attachment 442661

Europa League: Napoli

View attachment 442676

Top Scorer: Antonio Di Natale (Udinese) - 21

View attachment 442666

Last edited:
Sevilla and Valencia both relegated!? :O Wow!

Anyways, a good season for you there with Boro', hopefully the start of something awesome which'll see you dominate England. One step at a time though and all that. All the best!

Sevilla and Valencia both relegated!? :O Wow!

Anyways, a good season for you there with Boro', hopefully the start of something awesome which'll see you dominate England. One step at a time though and all that. All the best!

Sorry, i made a mistake, I forgot to move the season table back to the previous season so I did the relegated teams wrong, they have now been updated!!

Thanks buddy, season started so so and gradually improved for a strong finish! Had a good clear out and have made some big changes! Got a big bit of transfer news incoming, well it's big for Boro anyway!!

Got some great youth prospects coming in, think it will be a good 4 years before we are a force tho!! Like you said tho, one step at a time!!

thanks for continuing to follow!

June 2014
View attachment 442365

Transfer Activity

View attachment 442366

Transfer Budget: 14.5m

Players In

View attachment 442360

Lorenzo De Silvestri
View attachment 442367

Great Free transfer signing of the Italian, big things were expected of him a few years ago before he went off the boil, maybe he can rediscover his form at Boro.

Mattia Cassani
View attachment 442368
Capped 11 times by Italy and snapped up on a free to slot nicely into the LWB position and replaces the outgoing George Friend.

Santiago Vergini
View attachment 442370
Good season with Estudiantes before his contract expired, had to add a bit of quality to the Centre of defence and he was ideal replacement for the ageing and injury prone Woodgate.

Matej Vydra
View attachment 442369

Had a brilliant season with Watford before moving back to Udinese and again impressing, scoring 10 goals for the season to help the Italians finish 7th, can't argue with a free transfer.
Plucked from the Brazilian lower Leagues and signed on a free! Already called into the Full Portugal Squad for the World Cup. Could be the signing of the Season.
Fantastic signing for Middlesbrough!!! Touted as one of the 2013 Top 10 Young European Talents!! The fee is quite high and represents a bit of a risk for newly promoted Boro, but we did manage to get the price down from 17m. Had a great 2013/14 season, scoring 27 in 26 for Anderlecht, can Mitrovic propel Boro to glory? Will lead the line for years to come if things go well, a lot will depend on if Boro can stay in the Premiership this season.

-

Youth Players In

Alen Krajacic
View attachment 442354

Bojan Janjetovic
View attachment 442355

Alfredo Ibarrondo
View attachment 442356

Dervis Meranovic
View attachment 442324

Dwight Hughes
View attachment 442322

Liam Maguire
View attachment 442321

Gines Menchon
View attachment 442320

Raffaele Simone
View attachment 442359
I think I have brought in some incredible talent for outstanding transfer fees, even if the players grow too big for the club, they will command big fees as once they sign professionally they wii all have 80m Min Fee Release Clauses, I wasn't taking any chances in losing them for measly fees to bigger clubs. I do believe Krajacic, Ibarrondo, Simone and Menchon will become top, top class players in 3 to 4 years. When Diego Batista joins in January the youth team will be incredible, hopefully they will grow together and form a top 4 club. A few more high quality and experienced signings and one or two more youth players and I think the club will be challenging for all competitions we enter! But that is a few years off yet, anything could happen in the meantime.

-

Players Sold
View attachment 442361
Some good prices for players that really are not good enough at this level, brought in more money to fund players coming in and more importantly the younger players arriving at the club.

-

Players Released
View attachment 442362

Not needed and wouldn't get much for them anyway, so we're released or their contracts expired, also freed up some of the wage budget.

-

First Team for 2014/15

View attachment 442335

I'm a bit Worried that there are a lot foreign players in the squad and are diluting the English talent, but it's a sign of the times, need to do what's best for the club and winning. If a few cheaper English players become available I will try to bring them in. I'm happy with every position now, though I think I need cover for the Wing Backs as there are no senior ones at the club. Pablo Aimar had a brilliant second half of the season when he signed, but I think he will struggle against the top teams, he's getting on a bit now.

Under 18 Team for 2014/15

View attachment 442336
I can't argue will the talent I have, think the squad is outstanding, but can they continue to develop at Boro and become world class or will they want to move onto bigger better clubs.

Premiership odds

View attachment 442329
300-1 - Looks like the bookies believe Karanka's side will drop straight back to the Championship. It will be tough, the squad need to gel fast and hit the ground running, or it will be a long season. Personally think it could be a good season and finish mid table, anything could happen, it is Football after all.

Last edited:
View attachment 439128

Season 2014/15

June to January

View attachment 439201

Transfers In Summer
View attachment 439202

Transfers Out Summer
View attachment 439203
View attachment 439204

View attachment 439139

Results to Jan 1st

Pre Season
View attachment 439146
Good Pre Season, wanted to see how the new players blended together and see what position each player suited. After the defeat to Fortaleza I decided to change my tactics completely from a 4-1-1-2-2 with Wing Backs to a more Continental 4-1-2-2-1 with plenty of Possession Football. Fantastic win against Italian Champions AC Milan was followed by 22 goals in 2 games against local clubs, helping the squads fitness and match practice.

View attachment 439138

Player of the Month: ZIQUINHA

August
View attachment 439147

A point to open the season at home to Villa followed by a STUNNING win at Anfield versus Liverpool, Mitrovic scoring his first for the club 2 minutes from time. Easy win in the C.O.C followed by a mauling of Leicester, Mitrovic double sealing the win
View attachment 439129
Player of the Month: ALEKSANDER MITROVIC

September
View attachment 439148

No wins in the league in September, first defeat of the season versus Man City which was likely. But we did beat Leicester again for a place in the C.O.C 4th Round.
View attachment 439123
Player of the Month: MICHAEL ESSIEN

October
View attachment 439149

What a month starting with a win against Arsenal!! Mitrovic in stunning form claiming 7 goals this month. Great wins versus struggling Fulham and Sunderland and a win against Norwich to secure a place in the next round of the C.O.C.
View attachment 439129

November
View attachment 439150

Poor loss to West Brom, we were slightly unlucky but can take positives from the loss and build on it. Bounced back with a 4-0 victory over Everton, then tore Norwich apart at Carrow Road, a stunning 5 goals from Mitrovic!!
View attachment 439129

December
View attachment 439151

What an action packed month!! A win at Old Trafford sends us into the C.O.C Semis for the second season running, but it's the League results that have shocked me the most. Only dropping 4 points and Storming to the top spot, Adomah slotting away 7 important goals. The two wins over Man Utd and Chelsea have convinced me that this season is no fluke! Let's hope it continues like this!!
View attachment 439124
Player of the Month: ALBERT ADOMAH

Table Jan 1st
View attachment 439205
View attachment 439206
WOW!!! Boro and Karanka find themselves at the Top at the turn of the year!! But we have won nothing yet!! The hard work will need to continue to achieve the unthinkable!!! The Signing of Diego Batista should push Mitrovic even harder for his starting place, surely things can only get better!!!

View attachment 439134

Stats 1st Jan
View attachment 439135

View attachment 439133

Aleksander Mitrovic is storming the Scoring charts!! 24 Goals already, 2 more than Cornelius scored the whole of last season. Both Adomah and Carayol have been integral in providing the goals for Mitrovic.

PotMs
View attachment 439136

YPotMs
View attachment 439137

The U18 are performing well, topping the Group 1 North easily, hope these players will soon step up the the Senior Squad and lead Boro to Glory

Ballon D'Or - Ronaldo Steals the Crown from Messi after 5 years!
View attachment 439125

World Player - Isco Wins the title ending the 3 year dominance of Messi
View attachment 439126

Top Transfers
View attachment 439127

Last edited:
BORO SIGN MICAH RICHARDS ON LOAN

View attachment 438693

View attachment 438694

Middlesbrough have made a move on Transfer Deadline day and signed Man City Right Back Micah Richards on loan until the end of the season. He will most likely act as cover for Lorenzo De Silvestri and Defenders Lucio and Jonathen Woodgate who's best days are now behind them. The deal is not likely to be made permanent as the emergence of Jaques Placide and Raffael Simeone has solved the Boro's defensive situation for the next few years!!!

View attachment 438491
Season 2014/15
View attachment 438492
January

Transfers In

Micah Richards - Manchester City - Loan
Loan signing of the Powerful Right Back / Central Defender to cover for Lucio and Woodgate who seem to be rapidly declining as footballers now.

Results

FAC 3RD ROUND
MIDDLESBROUGH 3 (Vydra, Mitrovic 2)
PETERBOROUGH 1
Fairly easy passage through to the next round.

COC SF 1ST LEG
READING 1
MIDDLESBROUGH 3 (Vergini, Mitrovic 2)
One foot in the Final, it's been 11 years after the last League Cup win.

PRM
ASTON VILLA 0
MIDDLESBROUGH 0
Bore draw, all points count though.

PRM
LEICESTER 0
MIDDLESBROUGH 1 (Annan)
Great away win against bottom club Leicester, should have been by more.

COC SF 2ND LEG
MIDDLESBROUGH 2 (5) ( Vydra, Edgar og)
READING 1 (2)
Confirmed our place in the Capital One Cup Final, where we will face Arsenal.

FAC 5TH ROUND
MIDDLESBROUGH 3 (Mitrovic 2, Gibson)
WATFORD 1
Another Cup win, Mitrovic bags another Brace, the Boy is unstoppable.

PRM
MIDDLESBROUGH 1 (Ziquinha)
BRIGHTON 0
Rather poor game, rested Mitrovic for Ziquinha and he delivered me the winner.

PRM
MIDDLESBROUGH 2 (Mitrovic, Vergini)
MAN CITY 1
AWESOME!! Down to 10 men for much of the second half but still pulled off a majestic win to keep the pressure on Chelsea

Table February 1st

Keeping the pace with the Top Teams, the teams goal is to at least qualify for the Europa League, anything less will be very disappointing now!

Player of the Month

ALEKSANDER MITROVIC
Outstanding yet again, 7 more goals to take his tally to 31 in all competitions.

--------------

Great going mate !! That Batista looks quality and he's only 17 glad to see your looking at the argies and the Croats there's some real bargains out there keep up the good work

Great going mate !! That Batista looks quality and he's only 17 glad to see your looking at the argies and the Croats there's some real bargains out there keep up the good work

Thanks mate! I'm totally shocked by how well we are doing, hope it just not a fluke or the fact the game has got easy! Batista looks amazing, not getting much chance to play as Mitrovic is a goal machine this season. Croats are developing nicely, just looking at the intake now to see if I can pick up anymore bargains! Thanks for the support!!!

What tactic are you actually using because your forward scores alot of goals

What tactic are you actually using because your forward scores alot of goals

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1, it's a very slow patient style! I will get screen shots for you when I log on later! I'm very surprised how many goals Mitrovic has scored, god knows how many he will get when I get some real word class wingers!!