Keane resigns as Sunderland boss

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Roy Keane stands down as Sunderland manager after 27 months in charge at the Stadium of Light.

More...

Oh well. Give him a few months and he will probably be back in football.

this was a bit drastic i thought, the board has begged him to stay apparently. they are on a bit of a bad run but when you look at the job hes done there i reckon he could have turned it round. and alot of the players seemed to sign for sunderland as he was the manager there so im not sure if some of the bigger names will want to stay now

i know hes spent alot but considering he took over them struggling in the championship i think hes done pretty well. they are in no worse form than some other clubs

it feels a bit like a publicity stunt to me as it doesnt show keane is up for much of a fight when things go a little bit bad, unless somethings happened behind the scenes we dont know about which is quite often the case

He did a good job there, and they would have stayed up I think. It might be a bit of a selfish thing...Quinn saying he left for the benefit of the team is putting a positive spin on things, even though it may be a little true. I think its Sunderland's loss unless they get someone good in.

I think Keane meanwhile will get his fair share of his offers. I've just had a thought that he should join us a coach, then take over Fergie in a few years :D. hmmm...

While i think Keane would be a great motivator and he obviously is a decent gaffer he did spend alot of money and signed a good few gaff players. He was also very bias towards those he knew even though they were not good enough.

See where he goes in the future but right now he isnt one of my fav gaffers