Keane set for exit, says Redknapp

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Striker Robbie Keane is likely to leave Tottenham in the January transfer window, his manager Harry Redknapp admits.

More...

I'd take him back, for sure, tbh.

Thank **** for that. Never really got going after coming back from Pool

No doubt, he's lining up to come to us after the rumours for the last five years..

No doubt, he's lining up to come to us after the rumours for the last five years..

Hope not. Doesn't suit our style of play, and will just cramp the Fonz's chances of starting. We need a fast, clinical striker.

"At the East End of Town, a big Stadium stands,
It’s called Paradise by all the Celtic fans."

Hopefully, Robbie will be back !!!

Arguably the single most over rated player in the Premier League. Failed at the very top level every single chance he has had. Inter - failed. Liverpool - failed. As soon as Spurs got to the top table he fails yet again.

I'd definitely have him for us we are in desperate need of a goal scoring striker!

Hope not. Doesn't suit our style of play, and will just cramp the Fonz's chances of starting. We need a fast, clinical striker.

I agree, I don't want him. We need a Jermain Defoe IMO. But yeah, lets hope he doesn't come to us however he would definitely do the job at most Premier League clubs, Everton could do with him..

I think he would do a fantastic job at Everton tbh

We dont need him at Celtic, but i wouldnt say no as long as we get a good center half in January

I hope his career picks up when he moves. He is still a hero to Spurs faithful, and was once our most consistent performer for a long time. Shame, he hasn't looked like himself since his return. Liverpool ruined him.

Arguably the single most over rated player in the Premier League. Failed at the very top level every single chance he has had. Inter - failed. Liverpool - failed. As soon as Spurs got to the top table he fails yet again.

Bollocks. Complete Bollocks.

When he went to Inter Milan, he wasn't half the player he was when he was at Spurs (Pre-Liverpool) and for Spurs before Liverpool, he was amazing, and had got about 20 goals per season in the league.

We don't know what happened at Liverpool, but Keane clearly wasn't Rafa's signing as he never played him. Then returned a fraction of the Player he was.

Last edited:
Goodbye Mr pointy, wavy, throw your hands up in the air. Thats about the extent he has done since he rejoined us. His first stint with us was superb but when he came back from Liverpool he was a shadow of the player we once knew.

Partnership with Berbatov was quality.

Last edited:
Bollocks. Complete Bollocks.

When he went to Inter Milan, he wasn't half the player he was when he was at Spurs (Pre-Liverpool) and for Spurs before Liverpool, he was amazing, and had got about 20 goals per season in the league.

We don't know what happened at Liverpool, but Keane clearly wasn't Rafa's signing as he never played him. Then returned a fraction of the Player he was.

Not bollocks at all. My point is factual whether you like it or not. He has now played at THREE Champions League clubs and FAILED each and every time. No matter how you wish to dress this up, how you wish to present it, these are the facts.

Edited to add: You may not agree with my over rated bit, which is your right as that is an opinion. But the rest are facts.

Last edited:
Carson Yeung, put the money up mate, we need someone who naturally puts the ball in the back of the net, Keano is that man.

Can't understand why he is being Pavlyuchenko he is by far a better player then him I do not rate Pavlyuchenko what so ever. Keane can count himself very very unlucky that Redknapp fancies Pavlyuchenko in his team rather then Keane.

Back