Keane to Celtic

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Roy Keane will sign for Celtic - and should complete his free transfer move this week, BBC Scotland understands.

It is believed that a portion of the 34-year-old's salary will be paid directly by the Parkhead club's major shareholder Dermot Desmond.

Former Republic of Ireland captain Keane has been much in demand since leaving Manchester United in November.

Celtic have so far refused to comment on the story, but it is understood that the deal is set to go through.

Spanish giants Real Madrid were said to be the front-runners for Keane's signature but president Florentino Perez was not prepared to move until January.

Premiership duo Bolton and Everton had approached Keane, while West Brom and West Ham were among other clubs to express their interest.

Keane has said in the past that he would like to end his career at Celtic Park but chairman Brian Quinn had expressed concern about the level of the player's wages.

That issue would appear to have been resolved with the aid of Desmond's financial contribution.

Keane is not eligible to play until the winter transfer window opens, so the first match he could feature in would be the 1 January visit to Hearts.

ooo golly

Yup, how slow are the BBC though. That news was in the paper this morning

As was he is going to Real Madrid. Papers talk 95% *****/bollocks 5% truth

If he signs for them his first game would be against us..and im going so ill be abusing the gimp for 90 minutes if he lasts that long

That gimp is better and has done more than the Hearts squad has and ever will

(Hearts for the SPL still :) )

What about our manager he was a pretty good player :p WITH LITTLE GIRLS AHAH sorry

save your lungs for Lennon

The midfielder will not be eligible to make his Celtic debut against Hearts at Tynecastle on New Year's Day as Scottish Premier League rules do not allow same-day signings.

i bet after all the hype, he'll end up getting injured in training or just play really ****

He might play a bit **** at the start, probably due to him being out of match practice. But I'm sure he will be back to how he has been playing for Man Utd the last few seasons.

He will be a good player in the spl. I cant wait to abuse him :D