Keegan to release Newcastle trio

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle will release Stephen Carr, Peter Ramage and James Troisi at the end of the season.

More...

Meh, not too fussed about those, Ramage was decent when he played but we can do much better. Troisi showed some promise earlier in the year but obv KK doesn't see him to be good enough. Carr has declined so much in the last year, probs be good champo player.

Triosi wanted a move cause he wasn't getting game time and Pim Verbeek basically said if you want a future with the NT then you have to get out of Newcastle. He might come back to Australia or drop down a level.... hope he goes to holland to ply his trade, learn tactically . Few Aussies that went over to Holland and some that have moved on have had success, Culina, Emerton, Wilkshire, Holman etc.

ergh, we've been linked with stephen carr, hope it doesnt happen hes been **** for years.

I always though Troisi was highly rated.

Like people have said Ramage is distinctly avergae (not that thats bad)

Carr is an awful player. Saw reports linking him to Villa as well, I hope they're false as MON seems a good manager and I can't see him wanting a player like Carr.

he was **** at spurs , and newcastle are **** at the back so dunno why anyone would want to take one off them is beyond me

one of their **** centre backs went to lazio and gets his game which says a lot for a italian football

but yeah i hate newcastle

Rozehnal has appeared a few times for Lazio not regularly i think. I didn't think he was half as bad as the other defenders. His not a bad player IMO but when you have three other fools around you then you are gonna suck. Keegan for all his done has actually got the Beye, Enrique and Faye (from bolton), the last two who both sucked under big sam as well. The brazilian bloke who captained Lyon for season (cap..something) has gone missing. The main point was big sam's tactics didn't work, he invited pressure onto a team that did not play that style.

And yes Carr sucks and so does Dawson who has rumoured to leave Spurs for Castle.

i quite like Dawson i just think he has had a poor season. He always played well with King

Yeh Dawson only plays well with a better CB. He sucks when he is supposed to be the more experienced one (like with Kaboul etc..).

To be fair to Keegan he has done amazing at the back with the players he had. Beye has been awesome at right back since KK came in, he's also managed to get the best from Taylor and Faye in the middle, Edgar is coming through there too.

Transfer targets should be maybe one or two centre halves, a left back (Enrique is alright but his positioning is ****). Also think we need a creative midfielder to replace Geremi (He's god **** awful) and a big striker to replace Viduka who's out for 6 months :(

I think we should go for:

DC - Richard Dunne, Nedum Onouha or Chris Samba

DL - No Idea :S

MC - Arshavin, Deco or Diego (Probably can only attract Arshavin though)

ST - Dean Ashton, Kevin Doyle or maybe Dave Kitson

Diego and Deco? you gotta dreaming. Two players who i thought would come to Newcastle, - Modric got a contract offer substantially higher than what he got at Spurs yet he still chose Spurs. Similar situation with Woodgate. That is sad... Get Bullard in the midfield, he is a reasonable target. Like to see carrol get a chance as the CF. Talk in portugal 15m pounds was offered for Veloso of Sporting who plays CB, DM, LB. Versatile as you can tell but again bigger clubs hae talked about getting him...man united and chelsea.

i was just going to say that aswell what on earth makes you think Deco and Diego would sign for mid table prem sides???

Deco should be leaving Barcelona. His still a very good player IMO but he along with Ronaldinho got much of the blame for Barcelona's decline. Diego i'm still not sold on. Overhyped IMO. No doubt very very good player but he didn't light porto up although i disagree with those who claimed he was a failure. He needs to stay in Germany one more season before he makes such a big jump to bigger club i.e. chelsea, real madrid, juventus and bigger league.

deco is leaving Barca and by the looks of it no big club want him, exactly the same with Ronaldinho, he's considering Man City who are a mid prem side atm. yeah Bullard is a decent player but a bit old now, maybe same could be said for Deco but meh

Ronaldinho isn't considering Manchester City. The talk with Manchester city was because Sinatwat is a fool an doesnt understand football. Ronaldinho's agent Assiss was trying drive his price up by generating interest from "big payers" such as City. It kinda worked because Milan were offering him record wages except they didn't agree over the transfer fee and their were rumours that Ronaldinho's injury was worst than reported. Now however Ronaldinho's reps are saying he might get on the bench in one of the last few games to quash those rumours.

Chelsea were very interested in bringing deco over. Not saying it can't ever happen but highly unlikely. Newcastle are way down the pecking order...

deco is leaving Barca and by the looks of it no big club want him, exactly the same with Ronaldinho, he's considering Man City who are a mid prem side atm. yeah Bullard is a decent player but a bit old now, maybe same could be said for Deco but meh

Bullard isnt old lmao and he would be a class signing for most prem sides i feel.