Keep the Blue Flag Flying High - A Chelsea Legacy

samillyroy

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to another attempt by me to make Chelsea the most successful footballing establishment in the world. While obviously not considered one of the hardest feats in football manager, I always enjoy trying to take the team that I love as far as possible.. Whilst my last several stories haven't been overly successful, I hope to bring a certain longevity to this particular save file and try and fill my team with academy youngsters and form a new era for the Blues.

Without further ado, the season 2013-2014, and the dawn of the new era :)

Hope to have you along.

View attachment 457604

CHELSEA REVEAL NEW COACH ON 1 YEAR CONTRACT
images

Chelsea today revealed their new head coach to a bewildered press room at Stamford Bridge. While Roman Abramovich is generally considered to be predictably unpredictable, this latest decision has baffled even hardened fans of the Russian oligarch.

26 year old former youth coach Sam Illyroy has been promoted to position of head coach at the London club with the directors at Chelsea insisting he has the skill set and the mental nerve to handle the incredible pressure at such a big club.

"We feel he is absolutely the right man to lead this club into a new future and with the strong support around him at the club, he has every opportunity to show the fans of the club just what a prospect he is."

Brought out to the gathered media, the fresh-faced young coach thanked Ron Gourlay and the gathered media and began to address a quite startled group of journalists. Questions were raised about his credentials, his plans for the future and his particular management style, and were met with confident responses.

Chelsea Head Coach Sam Illyroy said:
First of all, I'm obviously expecting a huge amount of scepticism from people outside of the football club but the most important thing for me is the trust of those within the club and I am certain that I have that.
This season is a big one for us as we need to really establish ourselves at the top of the game again after some dissapointing results last campaign. I am confident that we have a very strong squad capable of challenging in the Premier League and the Champions League and that is undeniably the aim.
That said, I want to make clear that we have plans here for the future and that I am looking at the long-term of this club as well as the very real present. I will be in constant dialogue with others around the club to ensure that we are pushing the club as far as it can possibly go.
On a personal level, it's a dream come true to be manager here but there's a lot of work to be done here and absolutely no time to be reminiscing.

Journalists were left impressed with the new Chelsea boss but fans of the club in particular were more scathing on twitter:

---------

@Mike Bradley: Who is this clown at my club #nobody
@DaveChelseafc: I
can't believe I'm saying this but could this be an even worse appointment than Rafa#FSW #CFC
@LeroyM: Ramon really has lost the plot this time
#wtfcfc

----------

Time will tell whether the rookie manager can turn these opinions around, he has one season at least to prove his credentials.

I'd recommend buy young hot prospects and don't loan them out. Our homegrown quota of players messes up a lot while registering squad for UCL. I spend most of my budget in bringing young players, set their training level to Heavy and they develop a lot more than they'd do on loan.

Top idea, I have always found that loans don't seem to work that well though I'll see how the lot that are already out this season get on! Thanks for the advice mate

How's Bertrand Traore rated in FM14? Haven't bought it yet. He wasn't rated highly in FM13, and he looks like he's about to break into Mourinho's team when he gets a work permit. Also I've had bad luck with injuries, Lukaku got injured for 6-7 months and after that his potential was nowhere near his original potential. And Lucas Piazon is worth keeping an eye on, unless he's as bad as he was in FM13. Chalobah is excellent Box to box.

he still hasn't got his wp at the start of the game but it looks like he may be a good player according to the reports.. we'll have to see on that.
other than that the biggest prospects have to be chalobah who looks awesome, jeromie boga and little charly musonda. piazon looks like he could be decent but not better than hazard.. we'll have to wait and see!

I doubt if you'll find a player who'll be better than Hazard, of course I'm not counting unrealistic targets. Also take a look at Zakaria Bakkali.

Edit:

After a couple of seasons, hazard becomes an absolute beast! He had both most assists and most goals in a season records for me on FM13. 37 league goals in a season! Overall 55.

PRE-SEASON 2013-2014

Plenty of travelling for this years pre-season tour as Chelsea whizzed between Germany, Portugal, America and Turkey to prepare for their upcoming campaign. A couple of youngster joined the trip and put in good shifts as we improved steadily across the 6 matches.

article-2361555-1AC6ADD4000005DC-671_634x406.jpg

Squad List:

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Mark Schwarzer, Henrique Hilario, Jamal Blackman
Defenders: Ashley Cole, Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Gary Cahill, David Luiz, Cesar Azpilicueta, Nathan Ake, Ryan Bertrand
Midfielders: Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, John Obi Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Andre Schurrle, Kevin de Bruyne, Willian, Juan Mata, Josh McEachran, Nathaniel Chalobah, Lewis Baker
Strikers: Fernando Torres, Demba Ba, Samuel Eto'o

Eintracht Braunschweig 3 - 1 Chelsea
Hazard (55)
Not a brilliant way to get pre-season up and running as Chelsea were seen off by a clinical Braunschweig side. Cruelly 3-0 down at half time, Chelsea reacted in the second half with Hazard slamming home from a corner but despite their best attempts couldn't make up for their earlier lapses in concentration

Maritimo 3 - 7 Chelsea
Van Ginkel (3, 78), Oscar (14), Ramires (23), Schurrle (28, 86), Ake (34)
Chelsea looked shaky once more in defence, conceding another 3 goals against a hapless Maritimo side but they made up for it with a wonderful attacking display. Schurrle and van Ginkel both staked their claims for the first team with wonderful individual performances and young Nathan Ake also got himself on the scoresheet.

Sporting Lisbon 1 - 4 Chelsea
Schurrle (35, 64, 70), de Bruyne (72)
The Blues executed a game plan to perfection in this game, sitting back against their Portuguese opponents before hitting them on the counter on several occasions. Hazard and Schurrle were devastating with their pace on the wings with the German bagging an impressive hat-trick. Once more though they could not keep a clean sheet with Ciss? bagging a consolation late on.

Vitoria Guimares 0 - 0 Chelsea
Shut out for the first time in pre-season, Chelsea could not pick up where they left off in Lisbon and played slowly, lacking any real penetration. A dissapointing display.

Houston 1 - 2 Chelsea
Mata (39), Torres (52)
Torres hit a nice goal for his first of pre-season with Juan Mata also getting on the scoresheet via a wonderfully taken free-kick as Chelsea saw off their American opponents. Once more they failed to keep a clean sheet as Houston scored from a free-kick.

Antalyaspor 0 - 0 Chelsea
Chelsea were once more not at their attacking best in Turkey as they were stunted by a brave Antalyaspor defence. Former Liverpool man Milan Baros went closest for the hosts with a nice strike on the turn but Chelsea could consider themselves unlucky having registered 39 shots to their opponents 7.

Sam Illyroy said:
I am content with our performances over pre-season as I think we were taking on board my tactics toward the end and we sustained no serious injuries.
I'm really happy with the depth we now have at the club and it's great that I can pick two sides full of international quality. I'm certain we will challenge fully for the title this season and with a bit of luck we can come out as winners.

PLAYER OF PRE-SEASON: Andre Schurrle
View attachment 457435

Sam Illyroy said:
Andre was a great bit of business for this club as he provides us with industry and quality on both flanks. He was excellent in pre-season and I really hope he continues his progression here.

Chelsea will kick off their Premier League campaign at home to Norwich City next weekend, and they also have the European Super Cup just on the horizon.

Last edited:
Chelsea v. Norwich City
Barclays Premier League, Matchday 1

KEY PLAYER - Ricky van Wolfswinkel
1245106298.jpg

The Dutch striker joined this summer for a good transfer fee and will be hungry to prove himself in the Premier League. Has a real eye for goal and could cause the Chelsea defence problems if he is given the right service.

TEAM NEWS

Chelsea are without injured full-back Ryan Bertrand whilst Tomas Kalas is still returning from a broken leg.

Norwich are without injured pair Javier Garrido and crucially new signing Leroy Fer, the potential powerhouse in the midfield.

MATCH PREVIEW

Chelsea have a good record against Norwich City in recent times and will want to continue that here. With a game against Villa to play in mid-week the manager will certainly be thinking ahead and it will therefore be interesting to see his team selection. Who will play up top out of Eto'o, Ba and Ba? With the Brazilian trio of Ramires, Oscar and David Luiz having played in mid-week, will they be ready to face up this afternoon?
Chelsea should pick up all three points here though to start off the new campaign.

Sam Illyroy said:
I am keen to get points on the board as soon as possible and it's great to start the season with a home game. I have a strong squad to pick from and whilst I expect a tough game, I think we should be bringing the 3 points home.

Premier League Matchday 1
Stamford Bridge, London

images

Mata failed to live up to his pre-match billing as Chelsea toiled against Norwich

Chelsea failed to fulfil expectations on the opening day of the season, held to a draw by Norwich despite having a host of very good chances.

In the first half, Chelsea asserted their authority on the game, creating a host of early chances. But they were guilty of missing these chances with Schurrle missing a particularly guilt-edged opportunity when Mata slipped him in behind Russell Martin.

Cech was forced to pull off a good save after half an hour when Snodgrass broke and laid the ball across to van Wolfswinkel in space, only to see his effort parried expertly.

Chelsea's decision making was poor throughout and despite bringing on Eto'o and Oscar in the second half, they failed to register a chance of note in the second half and in fact their opponents had two very good chances to win the game, both from set pieces. Snodgrass first collected Bennett's free kick and hit wide when it was easier to score before Turner hit the bar with a fine half-volley.

Overall, a slow start to the campaign but a clean sheet and unbeaten..

Sam Illyroy said:
I have to say I'm dissapointed with the chances we missed because we made plenty of them. We looked much more solid in defence than in some of the pre-season games but I can't help feel this is 2 points dropped.

View attachment 457406View attachment 457405

Last edited:
Chelsea (9th) v. Aston Villa (14th)
Barclays Premier League Matchday 2

KEY PLAYER - CHRISTIAN BENTEKE
Christian-Benteke-008.jpg

Christian burst onto the scene last season after his 7m move from Genk, scoring some brilliant goals and proving a generally excellent signing for Aston Villa as they avoided the dreaded drop. Linked with top clubs over the summer but decided in the end to stay in Birmingham.

MATCH NEWS

Ryan Bertrand and Tomas Kalas remain Chelsea's only absentees for this fixture.

Aston Villa have some real injury problems, with no less than four key absentees. Marc Albrighton, Matt Lowton, Nathan Baker and Ron Vlaar will all miss this match.

MATCH PREVIEW

Chelsea dropped points in their opening home game and will not want to do the same again here this evening. With the Bayern Munich match just on the horizon, this game comes earlier than for the other Premier League clubs so Chelsea have the chance to go top of the league with victory. There will no doubt be chance for the Chelsea manager to rotate a little following the weekend's exertions and it will be interesting to see what changes he makes.

Sam Illyroy said:
I am determined to keep my cards close to my chest but there will definitely be a number of changes following the opening game of the season. I thought we played some decent attacking football but there was a real lack of urgency and I emplore the team to show more this evening for the fans.

Not a great start but I'm sure the team will improve :) good luck

Our strikers aren't that great. Samuel Eto'o will start firing, but not Ba or Torres. Try Mata as striker, don't try to retrain, he does really well, he's already competent. Scored 22 goals for me in 19 games as a striker, then Lukaku was back, played him on right wing as IF.

Premier League Matchday 2
Stamford Bridge, London

View attachment 457397CHELSEA
11ASTON VILLAView attachment 457396
Hazard (67)

Benteke (pen 36)

1110543-17575998-640-360.jpg

Eden Hazard got Chelsea back into the game in the second half but were denied by the inspired Brad Guzan.

An inspired performance from American goalkeeper Brad Guzan left Illyroy waiting for his first win as Chelsea manager. Despite numerous opportunities the Blues failed to find a winner in a frustrating match.

In the first half, a much changed Chelsea side were making good opportunities, Willian and Hazard looking particularly dangerous on either flank, but their chances were often wasted.

The biggest target of criticism in that first half was Ramires who broke through from midfield on a number of occasions only to fluff his lines entirely and miss the target.

To make matters worse for the Brazilian he then charged recklessly and needlessly into Andi Weimann in the box to gift Villa a penalty which Christian Benteke duly slammed home.

In the second half, cue a Chelsea onslaught. The goal was peppered with shots as Chelsea looked to force the winner. Ba and Mata were brought on to add something different and the goal came as Ashley Cole laid Hazard in who finally showed a clinical touch to beat Guzan on the angle.

Despite numerous opportunities, Mata hitting the crossbar with the best chance, Chelsea couldn't break through and were forced to settle for another point at home.

Sam Illyroy said:
That's a tough one to take because we were the better team by a long distance and I really feel we should have won that. The quality of our play was encouraging but we have to be far more clinical if we want to be champions.

View attachment 457393View attachment 457392

Sunderland (7th) v. Chelsea (9th)
Barclays Premier League, Matchday 3

KEY PLAYER - EMMANUELE GIACCHERINI
308945_heroa.jpg

The former Juventus man was a surprise signing this summer for Paolo Di Canio's men and brings great quality and versatility to Sunderland's lineup. Will run Chelsea hard this afternoon.

MATCH NEWS

Ondrej Celustka, Adam Johnson, Andrea Dossena, Phil Bardsley, John O'Shea, Valentin Roberge, Lee Cattermole and Joe Ledley all miss the game through injury with Sunderland facing something of an injury crisis.

No such problems for the visitors Chelsea who are without only Ryan Bertrand and Tomas Kalas

MATCH PREVIEW

Chelsea's indifferent start to the season faces a stern test away to Sunderland this afternoon. The Black Cats won their first league game of the season under Di Canio and whilst they are a much changed side they provide many threats in all positions. Goals shouldn't be a problem this season with Fletcher, Borini and Altidore in the side and they also have industry with the likes of Cabral and Giaccherini.
They should not have the quality to beat Chelsea though and this should be an away victory to start Chelsea's season.

Sam Illyroy said:
We've trained hard for this game and are confident we can put right what happened in the last week. We were the best team as we would have expected but we come away with just 2 points and that is not acceptable. We need a win here before the Super Cup.

Premier League Matchday 3
Stadium of Light, Sunderland

View attachment 457388SUNDERLAND13CHELSEAView attachment 457389
Fletcher (84)

Hazard (44)
Willian (80)
Ramires (90)

Chelsea-v-Cardiff-Eden-Hazard-celebrates_3021273.jpg

Hazard scored for the second game running to put Chelsea ahead.

Chelsea recorded their first win of the season after 3 games with victory over Sunderland in the North East, but they weren't without a scare despite their complete domination.

The changes were rung again after the result against Aston Villa, and Hazard moved into the middle to accomodate Andre Schurrle but the German failed to impact the game.

Chelsea dominated possession with Mikel and Ramires strong in the middle of the park, allowing Hazard to run the rule over Sunderland's defence, linking up wonderfully with Juan Mata.

Ramires was also getting good spaces like against Aston Villa but really must work on his shooting as he missed two very good chances in the first half.

The game then really swung in Chelsea's favour after an unsavoury challenge by Gardner saw him receive a straight red. From the resulting free kick, Hazard picked up the clearance and slammed home on the half-volley past Khune, who couldn't handle the ferocity of the strike.

In the second half, Chelsea continued their pressing and played some nice football but still looked slightly dangerous on the counter. That said, there seemed no danger on when Borini chased the ball into the corner of Chelsea's box when Ivanovic clattered recklessly into him, only for Fletcher's penalty to be saved by Cech.

And they rued that miss minutes later when substitute Willian struck home a nice volley from Terry's knock-down, to score his first Chelsea goal.

That should have been enough but Sunderland grabbed a late consolation, Fletcher finishing brilliantly after picking the pocket of the careless David Luiz.

But Ramires raced through on to Hazard's exquisite through ball to slot home the winner and send the Chelsea fans home happy for the first time this season.

Sam Illyroy said:
I can't quite believe we nearly threw that game away, we were totally dominant and the boys looked a little nervous at times but we should know the quality we have and it shone through today. A good three points.

View attachment 457387View attachment 457386

FC Bayern Munchen v. Chelsea
UEFA European Super Cup Final, Prague

1518354_w2.jpg

KEY PLAYER - FRANCK RIBERY
8848731.jpg

UEFA's European Player of the Year for last season, Ribery was instrumental in Bayern winning their famous treble with his wonderful wing work and trickery. Undoubtedly now one of the best players in the world, he will be looking to torment Chelsea's defenders this evening.

MATCH NEWS

Chelsea are without Ryan Bertrand and Tomas Kalas, who is now undergoing therapy on his return to full training.

Bayern Munchen have a full squad to pick from ahead of this match.

MATCH PREVIEW

The last time these two teams met was that famous final in 2012 with Chelsea coming out eventual winners in Bayern's own back yard. They will be desperate for revenge tonight, whilst Chelsea who lost this fixture 4-1 last season against Atletico, will also be looking to avenge that tough result. Bayern lost the German Super Cup at the beginning of the season but have gone on to win their first 3 matches under Pep Guardiola in the Bundesliga and sit comfortably atop the league. Chelsea meanwhile have stuttered in their first few games under the new manager and this is their first real test of the campaign.

Sam Illyroy said:
I'm excited by this match because it is our first real test. Bayern are a wonderful team, I watched them last year and they were quite astonishing at times and Pep coming in will only add to that, but I am sure that if we stick to our gameplan we will cause real problems.

LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY - REFRESH FOR UPDATES
UEFA EUROPEAN SUPER CUP FINAL, LIVE FROM THE EDEN ARENA IN PRAGUE

320658d1363700255t-chelsea-fc-samillyroy-legacy-returns-fm13-unichrome_uefa_supercup.jpg

BAYERN MUNCHEN 3 - 2 CHELSEA

19:00:
​Welcome to Prague for this year's edition of the UEFA Super Cup, where we have last year's Champions League winners Bayern Munchen against Europa League champions Chelsea. Should be a great game!

19:04: Bayern have won their opening 3 Bundesliga matches and although Chelsea are unbeaten so far in the Premier League, they also drew twice at home to two teams predicted to struggle this season which will be of concern to the Chelsea manager. Tonight will be a true test of how far this Chelsea side has come.

19:10: No word out of the Chelsea camp yet and off the back of that victory against Sunderland it will be interesting to see what kind of line-up the Chelsea manager goes for.

Bayern Munchen v. Chelsea
Bayern Munchen: Neuer, Lahm, Kirchoff, Dante, Santon, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Robben, Ribery, Pizarro. Subs: Starke, Shaqiri, Goetze, Mandzukic, Boateng, Mueller, Kroos
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Schuerrle, Hazard, Ba. Subs: Schwarzer, Luiz, Essien, Mata, Willian, Oscar, Torres

19:22: An interesting lineup for Chelsea, with Demba Ba making his first start of the season and it looks like the manager has gone for a 4-3-3, clearly packing up the midfield to counter Bayern's. Will it be too negative though?

19:34: Well we're still waiting on both teams to come out but the trophy has been brought pitchside that both teams will be vying for come 10 o'clock. The favourites Bayern are currently warming up in front of their fans, who are making some real noise here.

19:45: Many of you criticising the inclusion of Demba Ba in the starting lineup over twitter. Ba has failed to score in every appearance including pre-season but clearly the manager feels he offers something that Torres and Eto'o don't.

19:53: The players have come out on the pitch and the music is playing. The players shake hands and we're nearly ready to go in this European Super Cup final.

20:00:
320604d1363691995-chelsea-fc-samillyroy-legacy-returns-fm13-_46175659_whistle_44.jpg
Chelsea get us underway kicking from left to right in this first half.

20:03: Pizarro has the first chance as he collects a wonderful reverse from Thiago before firing on goal, but Cech holds it well. Maybe a surprise that he gets the nod ahead of Mandzukic who was so good last year for Bayern.

20:05: GOALFLASH Bayern Munchen 1 - 0 Chelsea (Jan Kirchhoff)
320619d1270001111-chelsea-fc-samillyroy-legacy-returns-fm13-_46175646_net_buster_44.jpg
Bayern goal: Thiago whips in a great corner from the right and Kirchhoff is tall enough to get over Terry and head home via the crossbar. First blood to the Germans.

20:08: Chelsea nearly strike back from a corner of their own but Terry's flicked header clips the post and goes out of play.

20:13: It took the Blues a little while but they've gotten into this game now. Lampard flashes a free kick just over the crossbar.

20:15: GOALFLASH Bayern Munchen 2 - 0 Chelsea (Arjen Robben)
320619d1270001111-chelsea-fc-samillyroy-legacy-returns-fm13-_46175646_net_buster_44.jpg
Bayern goal: Arjen Robben picks up a loose ball from Frank Lampard before blitzing past Ashley Cole cutting in and hitting a shot that was too powerful for Cech and goes through his body. Oh dear, Chelsea.

20:24: Robben cuts in past a hapless Ashley Cole and slams high over the bar.

20:32: Robben is causing all kinds of problems for Chelsea and this time he slams a fierce shot from 30 yards which Cech can't keep hold of but Pizarro hits the rebound straight back at him.

20:40: Chelsea cannot get a foothold in this game and it is all Bayern at the moment. Something will have to change in the second half.

20:45:
320607d1363692691-chelsea-fc-samillyroy-legacy-returns-fm13-_46175652_ht_44x.jpg
HALF TIME Bayern Munchen 2 - 0 Chelsea
Half time in Prague and Bayern hold a well-deserved 2 goal lead. Chelsea had a 10 minute spell before Bayern's second goal knocked the stuffing out of them. Frank Lampard has been really poor in the mdifield, constantly giving the ball away whilst Ashley Cole has really struggled against Arjen Robben. Something needs to change for Chelsea.

20:56: And we're hearing it will because Juan Mata is going to come on in place of Frank Lampard. System change perhaps?

21:00: Back underway then and Chelsea look to have shifted to a 4-2-3-1, Mata taking up his usual role and will hopefully give Demba Ba a little more support up front than he got in the first half.

21:02: Robben breaks away again, chased by Schurrle, and gets a shot away but it's well held by Cech.

21:05: Mata exerts his first influence on the game, collecting Schurrle's great ball and holding it up before playing Hazard into space but Neuer makes a great stop.

21:06: Neuer with another great save! Mata's corner is zoomed in and Ba hits it full on the volley from 4 yards but Neuer parries expertly.

21:09: Schurrle with his first sight of goal but he hits it just over the bar. Taking chances has been a real problem for Chelsea so far this season and they will need to take one of the ones coming their way soon if they are to get back into this game.

21:11: Mata has been excellent since coming on and this time he plays a wonderful little chip into Ramires to let loose but Neuer makes a great diving save.

21:14:
GOALFLASH Bayern Munchen 2 - 1 Chelsea (Eden Hazard)
Chelsea goal: The goal was coming and it's that man Eden Hazard again. Ramires makes space into the box wonderfully well but is tackled by Schweinsteiger and Hazard collects before smashing home past Neuer. Game on.

21:17:
GOALFLASH Bayern Munchen 3 - 1 Chelsea (Thiago Alcantara)
Bayern goal:
Oh my, that is woeful defending. Chelsea are all out of position straight from kick off and Thiago has all the time in the world to slam home from the edge of the box. What were Chelsea playing at?

21:20: On comes Fernando Torres for Demba Ba who has been mostly anonymous.

21:29:
GOALFLASH Bayern Munchen 3 - 2 Chelsea (Andre Schurrle)
Chelsea goal: Game on again, with 20 minutes to go, Chelsea are back in the match. Ramires breaks wonderfully before dropping back for Mikel who picks out the run of Schurrle. He ducks inside of Lahm and hits a wonderful shot into the bottom corner, his first for Chelsea.

21:33: Mata has been everywhere in this second half for Chelsea, a wonderful display. He collects the ball from Hazard's run and then looks for goal but it just spins wide.

21:37: There's still time so Chelsea need to be a little more patient, Mikel striking over when there was better passes to be made. On comes Oscar for Ashley Cole as Chelsea go 3 at the back.

21:39: ​Seconds after that substitution and Terry is in a heap. He is stretchered off and Chelsea are down to ten men, with just two defenders on the pitch!

21:45: Chelsea holding on now with just two men at the back and no full backs. Despite that, Oscar has a good chance to equalise but Neuer makes another good save.

21:47: FULL TIME Bayern Munchen 3 - 2 Chelsea
It's full time and Chelsea have lost the European Super Cup here to Bayern Munchen. They made a real go of it in the second half but the defending for some of their goals will be of real concern to the Chelsea manager. Congratulations to the German side who were worthy winners.

Bayern-Munich-celebrate-w-008.jpg

872706_FC_Bayern_Munchen.jpg
872705_Chelsea.jpg

Sam Illyroy said:
I'm really dissapointed with some of our defending but we showed real character in the second half and maybe deserved a little bit more as the quality of our attacking play was really encouraging but we cannot accept that kind of defending.
John picked up a knock there at the end but should only be out for a couple of days.

Last edited:
Ah unlucky against Bayern always a big ask to try and beat them! (just realised the match hasn't finished so unlucky so far lol)

yeah they are a good team but we defended so badly, was very dissapointing in the end. still, encouraging second half display..