Keep the red flag flying high! | Manchester United

Zorko7

Reaction score
old-trafford-manchester-.jpg

:: KEEP THE RED FLAGS FLYING HIGH! :: MANCHESTER UNITED :: #1

Hey managers. At first I would like to apologize because my English is not really perfect.
I'm coming from Slovenia. As a big fan of Manchester United the first save I start
on every new FM is with this club. And because of our results in recent years it's
becoming bigger and bigger challenge for me. My long-term goal is to bring United
back where we belong. In top of the World.

THE SEASON I'M CURRENTLY IN IS 2021/22

I've been playing this save for a long time now and I'm currently in my 6th season.
Shame that I didn't decide to write a story earlier but OK, before I continue the save
I'll do a quick review of my first 5 seasons in the next post.

Hopefully you will like and follow my story. Cheers.

:: KEEP THE RED FLAGS FLYING HIGH! :: MANCHESTER UNITED :: #2

As I said before I'm currently in Season 2021/22, so I will
make a quick review of every season so far.

2016/17

Before my first season started I didn't make any big changes in the squad. There were not
any big departures except loan of many youngsters as every year. I just wanted to strengthen
a right-back position so I signed Real Madrid's Danilo who was transfer listed for only 10 million euros.
In January I signed Brazilian wonderkid Thiago Maia and I also took Connor Wickham on loan
due to our strikers' injuries.

View attachment 114696

As you see we won the most important competition for me - Premier League. Our new signing Zlatan
Ibrahimovic was unbelievable. He scored 36 goals in the league (club and league record), overall he
stopped at 42 goals in all competition. We also won the Community Shield (Leicester 2-0).

View attachment 114695
"I think I'm like wine. The older I get, the better I get." - Zlatan

2017/18

Season 2. Before it we made more squad changes. I sold players I didn't count on anymore.
So Young, Jones, Romero, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Blind and Valencia all left the club. The new
summer signings were Aymeric Laporte (65M€) and Saul Niguez (60M€). In the winter we sold
Juan Mata
to Barcelona and signed Ross Barkley for 20 million euros.

View attachment 114694

We only won one trophy this season which absolutely wasn't enough and I was very disappointed.
The only trophy was Community Shield (3-1 Watford). And I should also mention that was the last
season for Zlatan Ibrahimovic who then retired. The brightest side of our season was the breakthrough
of my 16-year-old striker Jim Farrimond, the best player I ever get on the Youth Intake.
Nowadays (2022) he is our first choice striker, I call him the god of the penalty box. Real goal-machine.

View attachment 114693
Jim Farrimond at 16.

2018/19

In the Summer Transfer Window we sold Jesse Lingard who didn't get many chances in the first
team. Newcastle bought him for 22.5M€. After previous season to forget and retirement of Zlatan
I needed to strengthen the forward position(s) so I signed Antoine Griezmann (65M€, although
Atletico wanted 120M€ just a year before that) and Breel Embolo (35M€).

View attachment 114692

The worst season so far. No trophies which is embarrassing and I know that. Our highlight of the season
was getting into the Champions League final where we were battered by PSG (0-4). This season was
a clear sign for me that I really need to change something.

View attachment 114691
Very tough season for Red Devils.

2019/20

The Summer 2019 wasn't really busy for us. We sold Schneiderlin to Leicester for 12.25M€. French
midfielder was very unhappy with his role after Maia took his place in the starting lineup. But we
still needed a back-up for great Brazilian so we signed Daniel Amartey for 12M€. Our second and
last signing in this window was another big-name player. Mauro Icardi joined for 50M€ from Chelsea.
In winter we sold three more players who weren't really in my first team plans so they wanted to
try their luck elsewhere. Those players are Mkhitaryan, Darmian and Johnstone.

View attachment 114688

As I said, last season I saw my 4-2-3-1 tactic maybe doesn't suit my team so I decided to change it to
4-3-3 and in the pre-season I could have already seen big improvement on the pitch. Especially in
attack where we scored many goals.

View attachment 114687

The change of tactic worked out fantastic. My best season by far. We won the league with 20 points
clear, EFL Cup, FA Cup and Champions League. Unbelievable. Griezmann was on fire that season with
impressive 39 goals and 23 assists in all competitions.

It was very interesting year for me on the International level too. At first I took over France but after
bad start and 5 matches I resigned and then in few months I signed for Colombia where I'm still in
charge. But I'm writing more about that later.

View attachment 114683
United finally won the UCL again after 12 years!

2020/21

Nothing special happened in the transfer window. At least not in the summer. We didn't sell any of
first team players. Last season we sold 2nd shoice goalkeeper Sam Johnstone and we needed the
back-up for untouchable De Gea. We found the solution in Brazilian GK Matheus from Braga.
In the winter we stole the show again by signing French centre-back Raphael Varane for 50M€.
We also bought big Mexican talent Jorge Yahir Martinez.

View attachment 114682
When I saw his release-clause (11M€) I just said: "He's ours."

We started the season with defeat in Community Shield against Chelsea after penalty shootout.
But just 3 days later we made it up to our fans with European Super Cup victory against Inter (2-0).
I was very disappointed with our final performance in the Club World Cup when we lost (4-5) against
Palmeiras. Shocking result. But at least we showed fantastic performances in the league again.
We got in the Champions League final again but unfortunately we lost against Barcelona.
That was also the last season of our legend, my favourite player, Wayne Rooney.
He's staying at club as an U18 Assistant Manager. Thanks for all, captain!

View attachment 114681

2021/22 - CURRENT SEASON
First half of the Season -> Report

Before this season I made few changes in the team. I sold Danilo, Herrera, Wilson, Chong and Gribbin.
From those five, Danilo was the only one with bigger role in the team so I needed a new player on this
position. I decided to sign Almamy Toure from Monaco for 23M€. The only signing this season, in January
we were very inactive.

View attachment 114678
Toure's had a great season so far.

This season we started with a trophy. In the Community Shield we defeated Aston Villa without any problems. We won it 3 times in last 6 seasons.

View attachment 114677

Current Premier League table shows us that we are in very good position to go on and win the title for
the 3rd time in a row. Our wonderkid Farrimond has been really fantastic this season.

View attachment 114676

View attachment 114675
20-year-old striker is currently PL's top goalscorer.

We are still in both English Cups and we want to win them both.

View attachment 114674

View attachment 114673

As well as Champions League of course. After good performances in group state now we got very tough
opponent, Bayern Munich. Hopefully this year can be our again after we bottled it in the final last year.

View attachment 114672

View attachment 114671
Farro's on fire! 25 goals in his last 15 games!

CURRENT SQUAD

View attachment 114668

COLOMBIA NATIONAL TEAM

'Los Cafeteros' reached their main goal! We qualified to World Cup 2022. Our performances with
the same tactic I use for United were really fantastic and we ended the South American qualifying
on top of the table. In the World Cup Group Stage we were drawn with France, Senegal and Japan.

View attachment 114670
What can I say? That's just fantastic.

View attachment 114669
Fixtures

Last edited:
[video=youtube;Y0zlbPoXc-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zlbPoXc-0[/video]

Insane counter-attack against Manchester City (2-0).

jose_clap.gif~c200

Report #3

:: KEEP THE RED FLAGS FLYING HIGH! :: MANCHESTER UNITED :: #3

We've just finished 2021/22 season which has been really fantastic for us. We've won
four trophies including the Champions League, we also broke few new records...

2021/22
POST-SEASON REPORT

Premier League

View attachment 114555

View attachment 114554

We have started the season in style - with Community Shield win which I've already talked about.
Then we went on and win the league again as well. With phenomenal performances and insane
103 points - the new record of the Premier League.

View attachment 114550

And here's another big thing. League's top goalscorer Jim Farrimond almost broke the record which
is still held by Ibrahimovic and it's 36 goals. If Jim would've been my first choice striker from the
beginning of the season when that role belonged to Icardi...

EFL Cup

View attachment 114549

We got into the final but unfortunately we lost to Man City although we were better on the pitch
and have more chances and shots. So our rivals won this trophy for the second time in a row.

FA Cup

View attachment 114547

Very interesting final. Arsenal took the lead in the 23rd minute with Özil's screamer. In the 33rd minute
we were in big trouble when referee Atkinson pointed to the spot. But our flying Spaniard De Gea saved
Dybala's penalty. In the 2nd half our main man stepped up and stole the show. Pogba scored brace
and brought another trophy to our cabinet.

Champions League

View attachment 114546

And here's our fourth trophy this season. The only team that caused us few problems were Bayern
who beat us at Allianz Arena but at home we put things in their place. In quarter-final and semi-final
battered our opponents and made sure to book our place at San Siro final.

View attachment 114544

Is there even necessary to say anything? Poor start but then fantastic reaction so it was the second
time
I've won the Champions League and it's 5 in the United's history.

Player Stats - All Competitions

View attachment 114540

Our top scorer Jim Farrimond has scored insane 51 goals this season and broke Denis Law's record of
46 goals. But that's not it, he also broke Premier League's Player of the Match record and set it to 11.

Awards

View attachment 114539

Loan Watch

View attachment 114538

We send a lot of young players on loan every season. I've been thinking of giving a chance to
Fosu-Mensah for the few years now and maybe next year he'll finally get his place in the squad.
The thing is my team is doing really well and I don't want to make big changes in it.
Pereira and Baudu have also had a solid season but it will be very difficult for them to get a squad spot.

Colombia pre-World Cup #1

View attachment 114471

8b0ee88f69c9a936abd126cbe727b027.png

LOS CAFETEROS - COLOMBIA NATIONAL TEAM - MISSION WORLD CUP #1

It's almost here. The competition whole world have been waiting for. World Cup 2022.
This year's mundial is taking it's place in our home continent. It will be hosted by Argentina.

Since I took over Colombia in 2019 we've played 18 games, won 13, drew 4 and lost just 1.
I'm very proud of this stats and no matter what happens in World Cup, I'll probably resign and
try to find another challenges. My longstanding wish is to manage England.

COLOMBIA ANNOUNCED FINAL 23-MAN SQUAD!

View attachment 114470

Decision has been made. This is our World Cup squad. I believe you know most of the players, but 6 of
them you surely don't because they are regens. And I'll introduce them to you right now...

View attachment 114467

Cristian Vega is most-capped Colombian regen so far with 11 caps. He's one of our
key players, his technique and vision are brilliant. I'm sure he'll be playing in one of
the biggest clubs in the world sooner or later.

View attachment 114465

Another player with fantastic future - Johan Sanchez. 22-year-old Roma player has
become our first choice striker during qualifiers, taking Jackson Martinez's place.

View attachment 114464

Who said Colombia don't have talent? Here's another one. PSG centre-back Jorge Arango
hasn't really played a lot of games for Colombia (4 caps) but it's just due to very
tough competition with first choice CB pair Balanta-Murillo.

View attachment 114463

Orlando City's defensive midfielder Luis Cortes has collected only 1 cap so far but
it's going to change very soon. We don't have out-and-out DM as good as him so
I'm expecting him to be in the starting lineup very soon as well.

View attachment 114462

And at the end we have 2 players who are still waiting for the debut. 19-year-old
Carlos Contreras who has had very good season at Botafogo received his first call
from the national team.

View attachment 114461

The very last is AC Milan's goalkeeper Cristian Marin who spent last season at
Augsburg. There's no doubt he has a bright future but right now it's almost no
chance for him to become our first goalkeeper. It's still Ospina's place.

PRE-WORLD CUP FRIENDLIES

We'll play two friendly matches to be well prepared on the big competition. So
my next report will be about preparations on the World Cup.

FRIENDLY MATCHES

COLOMBIA - SLOVENIA
COLOMBIA - SWITZERLAND

Last edited:
nice start to your story, nothing wrong with your english either well done.

Colombia pre-World Cup #2

View attachment 114298

LOS CAFETEROS - COLOMBIA NATIONAL TEAM - MISSION WORLD CUP #2

As I said we are getting ready for our two friendly matches ahead of trip to Argentina.
We are playing Slovenia and Switzerland, both matches will be played at home.

FRIENDLY MATCH #1
COLOMBIA vs SLOVENIA

View attachment 114321

I decided to make some changes in the starting lineup, so this is not our strongest XI.
It's a debut for goalkeeper Marin, Zapata is also playing his first match for Colombia in
my reign here. We're still without Alvarez Balanta who's out injured but should be fit
for the first World Cup game against Japan.

In Slovenia's squad there are two United players, Ales Pfeifer and Rok Horvat.

View attachment 114320

Very good performance. We've been very disciplined defensively, allowing them very
few shots and we conceded from their first shot on target. And of course I'm very satisfied
with our attacking effectiveness. Looks like we're in good form but we shouldn't get ahead
of ourselves because there is another match in front of us. Definitely a more difficult one.

FRIENDLY MATCH #2
COLOMBIA vs SWITZERLAND

View attachment 114305

There's a lot of changes from last match again. It's first Colombia start for Cortes and debut
for our young striker Contreras. Alvarez Balanta is back from injury but he's not playing today
because he's not 100% fit yet. But it is very likely that he'll make his return to the XI against Japan.

And once again we play against my player from United. Of course it's Breel Embolo.

View attachment 114303

Woow! It's a phenomenal result but we can only thank to Switzerland wastefulness. We
have been very poor defensively, allowing them shocking 5 clear-cut chances which is absolutely
unacceptable. But at the end of the day we can be very happy with our fantastic attacking again,
also that was a dream debut for Contreras. Great to see our best striker Sanchez in form too.

SQUAD NUMBERS CONFIRMED

View attachment 114300

So ladies and gentlemen, everything is ready for the biggest football competition in the world!

World Cup 2022

View attachment 114257

LOS CAFETEROS - COLOMBIA NATIONAL TEAM - MISSION WORLD CUP #3

It's time! World Cup 2022 in Argentina has started. Forza Los Cafeteros!

GROUP STAGE - GAME 1
JAPAN v COLOMBIA

View attachment 114243

This is our strongest team at the moment. As you see, I just couldn't drop 19-year-old
striker Contreras, who played fantastic on his debut against Switzerland (scored 2 goals),
so he forced me to leave more experienced strikers Borja, Pabon and Zapata on the bench.

View attachment 114244

Great overall performance and dream start for us. Japan didn't create any real chances,
we were better team by far and completely deserved this victory. I also have to say it was
a great decision to start Contreras as he provided 2 assists.

OTHER MATCH:
SENEGAL 0-0 FRANCE

GROUP STAGE - GAME 2
COLOMBIA v SENEGAL

View attachment 114245

I was very pleased with our performance against Japan so I decided to name unchanged
starting lineup
for today's match. We need to keep our focus and get another 3 points.

View attachment 114246

Disappointing. It was the match when everything was going wrong. We conceded early
goal
, things went from bad to worse when I needed to sub off two of my strikers already
at half-time due to injury (Contreras out for 2 weeks, Sanchez for 3 days), and in the second
half we also got a red card - Fabra. We still managed to score but too late.

Only positive side of the match was David Ospina breaking Colombian record with 112 caps.

OTHER MATCH:
FRANCE 5-1 JAPAN

GROUP STAGE - GAME 3
FRANCE v COLOMBIA

View attachment 114247

D-Day for us. It's very simple for us, no calculations. Win means 1/8 final, draw or defeat
mean we're out of the competition. There are few changes in the team this time. Both full-backs are
suspended, so here's a chance for Mojica and Valencia. I'm also dropping Balanta as I wasn't
impressed with him last match and Zapata, who scored in both matches after coming on
from the bench, is also in the starting eleven.

It's very interesting match for me also because their team is full of Manchester United players.
Laporte, Martial, Pogba, Griezmann all start while Varane is waiting for his chance on the bench.

View attachment 114248

This is unbelievable! What a match! We can be really proud of this players who gave their
everything today. Even when we were 0-1 down they didn't even think about giving up.
Great comeback and win which shows our character.

GROUP WINNERS, USA NEXT!

Fantastic. We are the group winners! Nobody expected that because France was in
our group, but we proved that nothing is impossible.

View attachment 114249

View attachment 114250

In the Round of 16 we're playing USA. We're definitely favorites here but we shouldn't
underestimate them at all. It's the World Cup, everyone gives his everything and every
team can beat every other one.

ROUND OF 16
COLOMBIA v USA

View attachment 114254

Knockout phase is here. Some players are tired and we just need to make a change
or two. Arango and Mojica keep their place, Arias returns to the starting XI and
Cardona makes his first start on this mundial.

View attachment 114269

What a game! We've been much much better team, created many chances but we
couldn't have scored. At the end I can say we won absolutely deservedly after penalties.

QUARTER-FINAL
COLOMBIA v BRAZIL

View attachment 114265

Big match, big opponent. I already bet them in the qualifiers but this is something
totally different. Frank Fabra and Davinson Sanchez are suspended for this match, so
Mojica and Cortes are taking their places. Vega and Alvarez Balanta are back in the XI.

View attachment 114262

Painful defeat. We've got everything in our hands after Vega's screamer but then conceded
so naive goal in the 87th minute. This time we didn't have luck at penalties, we missed them all 4.

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

Final thoughts of our World Cup performance. I think we did very well. And our board
members agree with me. They are very satisfied and hope that I'm staying here as their
manager. But as I said I would like to take over England and if the opportunity comes I
will probably take it. So, for now I'm not resigning, I'll just wait. I like Colombia very much too
and I will definitely consider staying here as well. We'll see what future brings.

Pre-Season and start of the season 2022/23

:: KEEP THE RED FLAGS FLYING HIGH! :: MANCHESTER UNITED :: #4

Here's my 4th Manchester United report. We've started this season in fantastic form,
already won a couple of trophies and hopefully we can keep that momentum.

2022/23
PRE-SEASON REPORT

TRANSFERS

OUT

View attachment 114182

It was a very busy summer for us. We sold 2 first team player and of course one of them
really stole the show. Mauro Icardi signed for PSG for 40 million euros. A great striker who gave
us three incredible seasons (57 apps, 50 goals) lost his place in starting lineup last season which
didn't make him really happy, so I decided to sell him. The 2nd choice GK Matheus also left.

IN

View attachment 114181

We also signed 3 players. The transfer of talented French midfielder Sommier was
arranged already in the middle of the last season. For now, he'll be playing for U23's team.

View attachment 114180

Another young player with bright future. We've been scouting him for a long time and this
summer his contract with Sandhausen expired, so Abesser signed for us for free.
We immediately loaned him back to his home country, to Bayern.

View attachment 114179

And at last, our biggest signing this summer, Gabriel Barbosa. After decent time at
Inter he earned a big transfer to PSG where he never really got a bigger role in the
first team, so he decided to leave and PSG put him on the transfer list for 35 million euros.
And you just can't say 'no' to player like him at this price tag.

FRIENDLY MATCHES

View attachment 114178

Apparently we're continuing where we left off last season which is very nice to see.
We've had a fantastic pre-season which the main part of we've spent in South America
where we played 4 matches. Looks like we're more than ready for the competitive games.

COMMUNITY SHIELD 2022

View attachment 114177

In the other news... The sky is still blue. Another top performance and result.

EUROPEAN SUPER CUP 2022

View attachment 114176

And here is the trophy no. 2 this season. It was the second time we've been playing
in Euro Super Cup since I'm here and again against the same opponent. And once again
the winner have been the same - Manchester United.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 114175

We've also played three matches in the league and proved again that we are in really
top form right now. Three comfortable wins and we hope we continue in this style.

Another good news is that our phenomenal striker Jim Farrimond - the World Cup Golden Boot
winner - has started the season in brilliant way, scoring in each of our 5 competitive games
so far - 5 appearances, 8 goals. Out of this world.

MINI-REPORT - 31 October 2022

PERFECT START OF THE SEASON FOR THE RED DEVILS!

View attachment 113877

Games: 10
Wins: 10
Goals scored: 33
Goals conceded: 0

What a start! We still haven't conceded a goal and our attacking is also fantastic.
And at the moment, top goalscorer of the league is also our player. Of course, it's
Jim Farrimond who has scored 12 goals so far. 14 in all competitions.

TOUGH GROUP FOR COLOMBIA IN COPA AMERICA!

View attachment 113876

We were incredibly unlucky in the draw. Brazil, Chile, Uruguay. Could it be worse?
But we never give up. We've already surprised everyone in the South American
qualifying last year, so we believe we can do it again.

Top 2 teams in the group and the best 2 teams in 3rd position qualify to the quarter-final.

FRIENDLY MATCHES

View attachment 113875

View attachment 113874

In the start of the season we played 2 friendly matches. We tried a few new youngsters
and some of them proved that we can count on them. A lot of first team players are pretty
old and sooner or later the time for new generation will come.

We disappointed at first game against Iraq when we wasted too many chances and
then conceded a goal in the second half which secured a draw for the away team.

But then we put in a lot better performance against Nigeria. Our top player Johan Sanchez
got himself to the scoresheet again, as well as experienced striker Miguel Borja.

JAMES RODRIGUEZ HAS ENDED HIS INTERNATIONAL CAREER!

It was a pretty big shock for us when 31-year-old Real Madrid star James Rodriguez,
the national hero, announced end of his international career after the World Cup.

He recorded 94 caps and 31 goals. This is the 3rd big retirement in the Colombian
football this year after Juan Cuadrado (before the WC) and Fredy Guarin (after the WC).

View attachment 113872

Mid-Season Report 2022/23

:: KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH! :: MANCHESTER UNITED :: #5

It's 1 February 2023 and it's time for new report. So far we've been absolutely phenomenal.
We're still in contention for every single possible trophy and we've already won 3 of them.
I was already writing about first two trophies - Community Shield & European Super Cup.

2022/23
MID-SEASON REPORT

Premier League

View attachment 113549

View attachment 113548

What can I say? We've been brilliant so far and we have to keep that momentum.
Chelsea are also very good this year so there's no place for any complacency.

I should also mention our unbelievable start. We conceded our first goal in the
league in the matchday 11! That was against Southampton from penalty. First goal
from open play we conceded in matchday 14 against Chelsea.

View attachment 113546

Our top striker and at the moment our most valuable player (67 million euros) Jim Farrimond
has started the season very well, scoring 12 goals in just 10 league matches. Unfortunately then
he suffered bad shoulder injury which put him on the sidelines for almost 2 months.
Now he's finally back in training and he'll probably play our next match.

I'd also like to show you a screenshot from our most interesting match of the season so far.
As I mention we were in fantastic run, we conceded just 1 goal in 14 matches and even
than one were scored from a penalty. Then this happened...

View attachment 113540

EFL Cup

View attachment 113545

We had some problems in 3rd round against Bournemouth but we put things in their places
in the extra-time. In semi-final we really taught Spurs a lesson (or I should say two) with 2 big wins.
There's gonna be a big derby in the final, we play against our biggest rivals Liverpool!

FA Cup

View attachment 113544

No problem against Wigan, but more of them came against Wolverhampton. We were much
better team but couldn't find a way to put the ball in the back of the net. Our latest signing
Gabigol Barbosa then rescued us with late winner.

UEFA Champions League

View attachment 113543

Very slow start to the Champions League put a lot of pressure on us as we had only a point
after 2 games. But that shocking start really woke us up and we went to 4 consecutive wins
and topped the group at the end. We're playing Celtic in first knockout round.

FIFA Club World Cup

View attachment 113542

This is the competition I really badly wanted to win after a final defeat (4-5 against Palmeiras)
two years ago. This year everything was going according to plan and we won the trophy comfortably.

Anthony Martial was deservedly awarded the best player of the tournament.

January Transfer Window

TRANSFERS OUT

View attachment 113541

Very quiet transfer window for us this time. The "biggest" transfer was selling Marcos Rojo
to Monaco for 1 million euros. We've also reached agreement with Portsmouth to be our another
feeder club and as you can see, It's already been some business between us.

We didn't sign any players for the first team - only 3 youngsters for U18s.

Other News

'GABIGOL' HAS ABSOLUTELY JUSTIFIED HIS PRICE TAG!

There was a lot of rised eyebrows when we signed Gabriel Barbosa at the start of the season.
"35 million euros for a 25-year-old player who failed to live up to his potential at both Inter and
PSG?"
they said. But I didn't care about stupid comments like that.

I knew his potential, his talent and I was sure he just wasn't used correctly by their previous
managers Frank de Boer (Inter), Mircea Lucescu and Roberto Mancini (both PSG).

And it turned out that I was completely right. He still has a flying start of his United career.
So far he's played 25 games, scored 19 goals and provided 7 assists.

Since Jim Farrimond got injured, Gabriel took his place and scored 13 goals in 12 appearances.

View attachment 113539
Brazilian wonderkid is showing he's far from being a wasted talent

Last edited:

:: KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH! :: MANCHESTER UNITED :: #6

Another season finished. The most successful season so far. Out of 7 possible trophies, we won
incredible 6. The only competition we didn't win was EFL Cup, which we lost in the final.

View attachment 112933

2022/23
POST-SEASON REPORT

Premier League

View attachment 112956

View attachment 112955

Another fantastic Premier League season for us and 4th title in a row. We only lost 1 match
against Crystal Palace at home (0-1) and we conceded just 18 goals which is also great.

View attachment 112953

It's the first time in last four seasons that the top goalscorer wasn't our player. This year
Domenico Berardi from Chelsea won the award. In last three seasons top goalscorers were
Icardi, Griezmann and Farrimond, who came second this year.

EFL Cup

View attachment 112946

We were very good until the final where we were beaten by Liverpool. Even though we
were better opponent and took the lead, we unfortunately didn't manage to win.

FA Cup

View attachment 112941

I have to admit we had some luck against Leicester when we won after penalties but
we absolutely deserve the trophy. We won the FA Cup 2nd time in a row and 3rd time in last 4 years.

UEFA Champions League

View attachment 112939

As I already said in last report we started the group very bad with only a point from first two
matches. But then we bounced back and went all the way to the final.

View attachment 112937

The final. Great game which we won after extra-time. Unbelievable performance from our
incredible striker Jim Farrimond who single-handedly won the match with 4 goals scored!

Now we've got to the UCL final for the 5th time in a row, we won it 3 times, 2nd time in a row.

Player Stats - All Competitions

View attachment 112932

Another phenomenal season for Jim Farrimond which could be even better if he wasn't
stopped by couple of injuries. Gabriel Barbosa also did really well in his first season with us.

Other News

Awards: DE GEA & FARRIMOND IN CENTRE OF ATTENTION!

As expected, Manchester United players (& manager) was in centre of attention at the
Season awards ceremony.

I won the Manager of the Year award for the 4th year in a row, David De Gea won the
Golden Glove award (15 goals conceded, 20 clean sheets) and once again the most awarded
player Jim Farrimond has won awards for English Footballer of the Year, Players' Player of the
Year
and Players' Young Player of the Year.

View attachment 112928 View attachment 112929

LOAN WATCH

View attachment 112927

Here's all of our 18 loaned out players who are coming back to us in the coming weeks. Some of
them could get their chance to prove themselves in the pre-season. Here I can mention striker
Stephan Abesser who did well on loan at Bayern. We already extended the loan of centre-back
Eliott Barron who did really well at West Ham and will be there for another season.

View attachment 112926
Can Abesser find his place in United's first team?

THE NEXT BIG THING? SLOBODAN TÜRK

View attachment 112924

Here's another big talent of our Academy. Slovenian striker Slobodan Türk is 18-year-old
who promises a lot. He played his first 5 Premier League matches this season and already
scored 2 goals. He's also been incredible on the International level - 15 goals in 14 caps for
Slovenia U21s.

Next season is going to be very important for him. We must decide what to do.
To leave him in U18's team for another season or to loan him out.

COPA AMERICA 2023

My United players have already gone on the holidays but for me the season is not over
yet. Now I have 4 or 5 days off and then I'm travelling to South America for the Copa America.

At first I'm going to Colombia where we play a friendly match against Burkina Faso and then
we're off to Ecuador which hosts this year's big tournament.

View attachment 112918

Copa America 2023

8b0ee88f69c9a936abd126cb.png

LOS CAFETEROS - COLOMBIA NATIONAL TEAM

After good performance on last year's World Cup there is another big competition -
Copa America. But before it starts we will play a friendly match against Burkina Faso.

Just for reminder, in CA Group Stage we'll play Uruguay, Brazil and Chile.

Friendly Match
COLOMBIA v BURKINA FASO

View attachment 112832

A comfortable win. We haven't played with our best team. Most of our starting lineups
were players who haven't played a lot since I'm here. And they did very well. Especially
striker Rafael Santos Borre, debutant who scored a brace.

View attachment 112814

Group Stage, Game 1
URUGUAY v COLOMBIA

View attachment 112831

Great start. We are in very tough group and it was very important to start with a positive
result
and we did it. We played very good, scored two goals and didn't allow them any real chances.

Group Stage, Game 2
COLOMBIA v BRAZIL

View attachment 112830

A big point. Another decent performance from my team and absolutely deserved draw. Although
Brazil took the lead in the first half, we didn't give up. Then our goalkeeper Marin saved the penalty
and in the second half Duvan Zapata secured a point for us.

Group Stage, Game 3
CHILE v COLOMBIA

View attachment 112829

Another win which was very deserved and at the same time very lucky. We took the lead after
Johan Sanchez's strike, one of our best players finally scored his first goal of the tournament.
We were dominating but conceded an equalising goal after stupid Murillo's mistake in our own
box. We secured 3 points after late winner from Cardona who produced great goal from free kick.

View attachment 112815

Quarter-final
COLOMBIA v PERU

View attachment 112822

Semi-final here we come! Top class performance and a comfortable win. Today's Man of the
Match was West Ham's Borja with a brace. Our semi-final opponent is Brazil.

Semi-final
BRAZIL v COLOMBIA

View attachment 112817

Very big disappointment, bad performance defensively and we're deservedly out of Copa
America
. Brazil knocked us out from last year's World Cup, and now again.

RESIGNATION

It was so disappointed after big loss against Brazil I couldn't even play match for the 3rd
place against Argentina. The team obviously doesn't have enough quality when it comes to
the biggest, the most important matches. So I decided to resign right after being knocked out.

View attachment 112816

Any feedbacks guys? I'd really like to know if you like my story, what can I do to improve it? Is there maybe anything bothering you? :D

Great work so far mate, like the speed you get through the seasons in.