funnydave

Reaction score
Managing Southampton and have them up to the Championship now in 2013. I have Seculin as my only viable keeper at the moment and with a transfer budget of around 4 million I need to come up with another keeper to sign.

Tried to sign a few of the normal "wonderkid" keepers but they all were either out of my price range, uninterested in signing for me, or blocked due to work permits. I would prefer to bring in another young keeper since that is how I am trying to build this side. Looks like an under 21 team at the moment and want to keep it that way for now.

So any suggestions would help, maybe even an english keeper to avoid the whole permit issue

Jack Butland ... enough said :)

Started him in first season for Blackpool and did well keeping clean sheets, hes young and cheap.. £2million at most.

Smithies was unwilling to sign for me and has recently moved to Reading

Looking at Butland and his potential seems good and yah 2 mill is what my scout came back with

Labelled the next Paul Robinson on mine thats what tempted me to invest in Butland but he improved so much over pre season i just played him as first team starter and he produced amazing performances.

Long as he doesnt suffer from bad bounces like Robinson it looks like the lad has a bright future.

Got Butland in for 2.5 which seems a decent price for him. Leaves me room to make one more signing and shores up my keeper situation for the long run

Thanks for the link, downloaded it and might check it out next save i start. For now I am set with Seculin and Butland in the first team.