haydenreed

Reaction score
Haven't played for a while and was thinking of taking a relegation battled team and trying to keep them from going down. If I don't succeed am I sure to lose my job? Is there any chance of keeping it and trying to bounce right back up the next year?

Haven't played for a while and was thinking of taking a relegation battled team and trying to keep them from going down. If I don't succeed am I sure to lose my job? Is there any chance of keeping it and trying to bounce right back up the next year?

I have only had one experience of being relegated with such a club. I was Portsmouth and I was relegated, then the board sacked me, the only other thing to take into account from me being sacked is that the board wanted attacking football and I never provided it.

I got notts forest up, never expected, then sacked because I went down, so yeah you'll probably get sacked.

I took Verona up from Serie B in the first season, then took them straight back down, and wasn't sacked.

We were predicted to finish 19th and that's where we came, but the board's objective was to avoid relegation, so I couldn't have complained if they had sacked me. But in my defence, I didn't spend a great deal of money, and my signings did well (with one notable exception).

I did set my starting experience as 'International Footballer' which may have helped - judging by the jobs I've been offered or been in the frame for, Verona was somewhat beneath my reputation (daft, but that's how the game seemed to view it).

Unless you are a club legend, and have already achieved alot you will almost definitely be sacked. But if you are going to start with a relegation candidate and get relegated you will.