ederwardo

Reaction score
What's the key in keeping your players fresh for game days? Obviously rotation is necessary, how many games can an outfield player play without drop in performance? How many players for each position do you have in your squad, i feel in my current save i don't have enough strength in depth and having to over use players. Please discuss.

First of all you need to get in some good fitness coaches. Make sure you're training schedules aren't too intensive. As you have said squad rotation is key. Some players have naturally low fitness so will tire easily. I usually don't start a player if his condition is below 90% (unless it's a key player) but everybody has their preference on this. It's good to have 2 players for each position who can both step in when needed.

That would depend alot on your managerial style. I prefer to have no more than two players for each position, one established player and one youngster. I then play the youngsters in the cups and the odd league games, and of course in the case of injuries and suspensions.
Keep an eye on the players condition before the game, I generally also dont play players whose condition is under 90%. If your players condition is always low before the games that would be because you are over-training them.

Playing weak teams in competitions which your board doesn't prioritise, keeping your players fit with a medium training workload etc.