Keeping possession and fewer long shots??

hodgie

Reaction score
im playing as spurs and im about mid table at the mo and now i have lost a 3 or 4 games in a row because of a lack of goals, whenever i go to the asst. managers feedback i get messages like "we need to keep more possession" or similar, and i cannot figure out how to actually make the team keep possession or even just create it, any help would be appreciated??

also i have podolski, pavlyuchenko, pato and f. campbell as my strikers playing a rotation style, with modric, arshavin and dos santos rotating as AM's and all they seem to do is shoot from distance, the only way i get goals is when their keeper f..ks up and gets tackled, how do i make it so that they pass around more to get closer on goal and actually make chances in the penalty area, i.e. no more shots from the edge of the 18 yard area??

First of all, you should go to individual instructions (Player Instructions) in the tactics menu, and select those who most frequently shoot from distance. There is an option in Player Instructions that lets u choose how often aplayer will shoot from range. set it to rarely.

About possesion, the above referred will help. i also suggest that u assign to a technically good player, the option "Hold up Ball". Arshavin is good for that.

P.S. You should also use a more short or normal style of play, dont play direct.

I don't really care about the feedback on fm09 only results to be honest and you know yourself if you are killing them and who are playing well.

I think they is always an occurance in lack of possession or if your not shooting from target you get something saying you need to get closer to goal to shoot.

ive tried the whole changing strikers and AM's to close range shooting and it has worked ive gotta say, possession is still a problem but i think its getting better

dropping creativity down will stop your players taking more outrageous shots and will most likely improve possession, but be warned drop it too low and you wont crate chances and if you do you are more likely to blast them straight at the keeper.

i start playing EPL games now in my newer season tonight so will see how it goes, ive already beaten boro 3-2 away from home so...