Riiseeee

Reaction score
attachment.php

HOLLOWAY GONE!
blackpool-manager-2_379040t.jpg

Ian Holloway, the man who brought nothing but success to Blackpool Football Club has left the Club by 'Mutual Consent'.

A Club Statement from Chairman Karl Oyston said this 'We are sorry to announce that Ian has left the club. We thank Ian for his outstanding achievements that he brought to the Football Club. We will never forget Ian as the man who brought up us into the Premier League, but we as a club thought it would be beneficial to the Club if we brought in an experienced Premier League manager.

More to follow...​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a brief description in what i will be doing in this story;

- I will be doing monthly updates
- I will be posting screenshots of every game during the month, including league tables
- Posting pre-season games
- New signings and outgoing players

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

attachment.php

Kevin_Keegan_429292a.jpg

KEEGAN BACK IN FOOTBALL!

Newcastle United Legend, Kevin Keegan has made a shock return to Football Management with Premier League side Blackpool Football Club. The highly regarded manager has signed a 2 year deal with the Premier League club.
In an exclusive interview with TEAM talk, this is what Kevin had to say in his return to Football Management.

"I got the call from the Chairman (Karl Oyston) on Tuesday morning around 11am, he asked me to come down to his home in Blackpool, obviously I knew about Ian leaving the Club on the monday, so I agreed to go have talks with him. We continued talks until around 2pm in the Afternoon. We talked about the Club and where he wants the club to be come the end of the season, after these talks everything seemed to be going okay. So we went and had some lunch, and from there he offered me a two year contract, I accepted straight away and now I can't wait to get started.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We will now cross over to the press conference live from Bloomfield Road:

Karl Oyston: "I'm delighted to be sitting here next to Kevin announcing him as the new Blackpool Manager, he brings a wealth of experience to the Club, something that we feel will benefit us on trying to stay up in the Premier League.

Here are a couple of questions that were asked during the press conference:

Tom Daley, reporting from Sky Sports: Kevin, how does it feel returning to Football Management after 3 years out of the game?
Kevin Keegan: it feels great, i've not lost no love for the game, I still watch every game I possibly can, I know what to expect this season, its going to be difficult but I feel i'm up to the challenge and I think the players are too.
Sarah Coleman, reporting from the Daily Express: Have you managed to speak to any of the players and staff that are here at the club at the moment?
Kevin Keegan: I have managed to speak with Charlie Adam (The Captain) and the backroom staff, after this we'll be going out onto the training field and speak to the rest of the players, then from there it will all be going as normal.

Karl Oyston: Thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen, this will be it for the time being.
Kevin Keegan: Thank you.

News from Bloomfield Road: Duo Assistant Manager Steve Thompson and Youth Coach Mark Westfield leave Blackpool Football Club.

Kevin Keegan went on to say: We thank Steve and Mark for their time and efforts at this Football Club.

Elsewhere, Tosh Farrell, John Brierley, Antti Niemi, David Narey, Peter Davidson and Andrew Cole all join the Coaching staff at Blackpool.

Former Manchester United, Birmingham City, Watford and Manchester City goalkeeper Tony Coton joins as Kevin Keegans Assistant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

efc__1274793132_SC494.jpg
EVERTON FULL BACK REJOINS SEASIDERS

Former Blackpool full back Seamus Coleman has rejoined the Club on loan until the end of the season. Seamus was delighted to be back at Bloomfield Road and had this to say to Sky Sports.I'm delighted to be back at Blackpool, "I was part of the squad that won promotion to the Premier League last season and I loved every minute there. Obviously Ian Holloway has left the Club, the man who brought me here, but Kevin has come in with his own ideas and im delighted to be part of them"

Also former AS Roma left back Antunes has also joined the Seasiders on a 4 year deal for a fee of £575,000.​

Meanwhile, Ishmel Demontagnac has joined Oldham Athletic in a 6 month loan deal, Paul Rachubka has joined Aston Villa for a fee in the region of £400,000 and Alex John-Baptiste has joined Stoke City for a fee of £1.5 million pounds.

Transfer News:
Danny Coid leaves Blackpool on a free transfer.

Juan Pablo Caffa signs for newly promoted Blackpool in a £1.6 million pound deal, the left winger signs a 4 year deal with the club.

Foward Billy Clarke leaves Blackpool on a free transfer, heres what Kevin Keegan had to say on the player. “Billy had suffered a horrific injury that will keep him out for the season, with his contract expiring at the end of the season, we thought it would be best if Billy leaves the club. Billy will still be seeking medical advice from the club to help him get over his injury. We thank Billy on his efforts for the club”.

Midfielder Jason Euell has joined Championship side Ipswich on a free transfer.

Injury news:
Foward Gary Taylor-Fletcher has been ruled out for 2 months after sustaining a fractured wrist.

Pre-season begins:
Blackpool hosted Scottish giants Rangers in a pre-season game, the game was even throughout but the game ended 2-1 to Rangers. Goals from Charlie Adam for Blackpool and Kenny Miller and Nikica Jelavic for Rangers.

Blackpool hammer League 2 side Morecambe 4-1 away from home, goals from DJ Campbell x2, Ian Evatt and youngster Stephen Husband set the team on the way to a first win under Kevin Keegan. Although there was an injury to Juan Pablo Caffa, Keegan revealed its nothing serious he just got a slight knock but he’s ok.

A youthful Blackpool side headed to Scotland again for a pre-season friendly against division three side Berwick Rangers, Blackpool ran out 1-0 winners with young striker Louis Almond grabbing the goal. Manager Kevin Keegan said ‘the players we put out there today done ok, but i thought we could have done a little bit better than we should have’.

Total domination for Premier League side Blackpool in the encounter with League 2 side Chesterfield. Blackpool won the game 4-0 with goals from Gary Taylor-Fletcher grabbing a brace, Elliot Grandin and Louis Almond.

Another win for Keegans men as Blackpool run out 4-0 winners against Conference side Wrexham, goals from Marlon Harewood, Antunes, Eardley and Louis Almond ensured Blackpool got the win they deserved.

Seasiders made to rue missed chances against Championship side Coventry, the game ended 1-0 to the Sky Blues. Blackpool had many chances to secure a win but failed to score any of the chances.

Simply gr-eight for Blackpool, 8-0 win for the Seasiders against Dungannon. Goals from Rob Edwards, Brett Omerod x4, Malaury Martin, Marlon Harewood x2 ensured the Seasiders to a final victory ahead of the new season.

-------------------------------------------------------
This is now going to be my new lay out for the monthly updates. Pre-season is now over and will be updating the first month shortly. Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated.

AUGUST UPDATE:

Transfer latest:
Rob Edwards and Matt Phillips have both left on 5 month loan deals, Barnsley and Doncaster are the clubs.
Injuries:
Only injury in the squad is Gary Taylor-Fletcher, which is a big positive as I still have the rest of the squad, but obviously i’d like to have him back, but it still leaves me to rotate the squad.

Premier League:

Blackpool v West Brom

Match Report:
An early sending off for Antunes in the 2nd half made Blackpool play for 30 minutes with 10 men, despite the Blackpool the 10 men, it was Blackpool who got ahead, and it was Elliot Grandin who got the goal after superb work from Adam and Antunes down the left, Grandin took a touch before placing the ball into the back of the net. West Brom finally made the 10 men pay, it was Marek Cech the man who got the goal after superb play from Marc Anotoine- Fortune. Full time score Blackpool 1-1 West Brom.

Manchester United v Blackpool

Match Report:
In the 1st half Man Utd got an early goal to settle the crowd, but they wasn’t able to go on from there, Blackpool formed a excellent defence to try and contain the United front-line, Utd were restricted to long range shots. Blackpool had a couple of chances themselves, both Ormerod and Campbell going close. An even 2nd half brought yet more chances to Blackpool, again DJ Campbell going close, also Grandin but both failed to take the chances. Full time score Manchester United 1-0 Blackpool.

League cup 2nd round: Blackpool v Preston North End

Match Report:
Stunning performance from the Seasiders in this game, Blackpool running out 5-0 winners against their great rivals. Marlon Harewood set the team on their way to their first competitive win under manager Kevin Keegan. Elsewhere a brace from Brett Ormerod, a goal from Ian Evattand a own goal from Matt James ensured the win and a passage through to the 3rd round.

Blackpool v Liverpool:
Match Report:
Blackpool put in a very spirited display against Liverpool today, the Merseyside club coming out on top of Blackpool with a narrow 1-0 win. It was the same for the Seasiders, having few chances but not taking them when they need to.

Manager comments:

That concludes the 1st month of the premier league season, with Blackpool only taking 1 point out of a possible 9, Keegan had this to say “We’re obviously disappointed in only taking 1 point out of 9, but I thought we haven’t played that badly as it suggests, they’re top teams who we’ve played and we’ve come very close against Liverpool and Man Utd, two great sides with fantastic players, I think that shows how far we’ve come as a Football club. If we can go onto pick up 4/5 points next month then I think we’re going to be ok, but it’s still early days and anything can happen in this league. We’re looking foward to playing some more top teams and hopefully we can get a couple of results against them.

attachment.php

7bf2667f6acb91c84f479e1811815de0.jpg

WOLVES FOWARD SIGNS FOR BLACKPOOL

Blackpool have completed the signing of Sylvan Ebanks-Blake from Wolves, the striker has penned a 4 year contract with the club and had this to say when he spoke to Seasiders TV after completing his transfer; “I’m not going to go into too much detail in why I had to leave Wolves, but all I can say is there was a mis-understanding with the manager. I’m delighted to be at Blackpool Football Club now and I can’t wait to get on the training pitch with the rest of the lads. The main aim for me is to score goals to keep this club in the Premier League, i’ve had a chat with the manager he knows what he will get from me, and hopefully i’ll be able to show him what i’m about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEPTEMBER UPDATE:

Injuries:
No further injuries for the Blackpool squad, Gary Taylor-Fletcher has made his come back from a fractured wrist.

Premier League:
Fulham v Blackpool:
Well, firstly what a game! Fulham ran riot in the 1st half with goals from Damien Duff, Moussa Dembele and Danny Murphy saw them run into a 26 minute 3-0 scorline, but after the break Keegan had sparked some magic words, changed into a 4-3-3 formation and it seemed to have worked, coming from 3-0 down to secure a 3-3 draw against the Cottagers. New signing Sylvan Ebanks-Blake was put into the starting XI and bagged 2 goals on his debut, then Damien Duff managed to put it into his own net to give the Tangerines a share of the points.

Blackpool v Sunderland
Another game where Keegan had to work his magic on the players, coming from a goal down to beat Sunderland 3-2, the game started brightly for Blackpool having created a few opportunities but goals from DJ Campbelland Ian Evatt with a brace ensured victory for the Seasiders.

League cup 3rd round; Manchester United v Blackpool
A difficult game for Blackpool and manager Kevin Keegan wasn’t too happy with the defending for the Red Devils goals, the game ended up 4-2 to United, but Blackpool pushed for a large amount of the game but couldn’t find the goals they desperately needed.

West Ham v Blackpool
Blackpool travelled into the game feeling they could get a result out of this game, they were given a lifeline when Upson gave away a penalty but DJ Campbell was unable to keep his composure from the penalty spot. West Ham won all 3 points when a free header from Scott Parker ended up in the Seasiders net.

Manager Comments:
I'm delighted with the efforts from our players during the 2nd month of the season, we've managed to pick up 4 points from 9 which isn't too bad. We're sitting comfortably in the table, but there is still plenty of time for that too change, and the players know that. We've got to continue what we're doing at the moment and carry on trying to win games.