Isildur58

Reaction score
Hey again,

I'm managing Arsenal and it's in the summer of the second season. I can sign Kevin De Bruyne for 8.5mil or Will Hughes for 8mil.

Soo.... Who should I get.... I can only get one or the other..

Hughes, put him on box to box training on high and play for a half of a match now and again and then his stats will shoot up and he can play in any CM/AMC role.

Can you or do you need both? could buy and loan Hughes out for a season?

Hughes, put him on box to box training on high and play for a half of a match now and again and then his stats will shoot up and he can play in any CM/AMC role.

So ur saying Hughes > De Bruyne?

I'd say De Bruyne, he's already developed also nice PPMs, Plays through balls, Curls ball, long range passes. You can also train him to be a CM as DLP/AP, he has the physicality, can learn tackling. But that could also be because I'm a De Bruyne fan personally.

I personally prefer Hughes. With the right tutors, he simply goes nuts.

Had de bruyne at the toon for 2 seasons and he was my best player by far performance wise. Wanted to move to a bigger club after though. Got him cheap and sold him off for a good profit to bayern

Well it depends what you want them for, if you want them in your first team then get De Bruyne as he will be more developed by then. If he is going to be a back up for someone then Hughes as he is still developing.

I got De Bruyne for my Saint-etienne save on loan from Chelsea with 6.5 mil buy option in 2nd season. Can always try and loan him for a year, buy Will Hughes and use De bruyne as a tutor for Hughes. Altho cant remember if loaned players can be used as tutors, altho i do remember you cant tutor them but other way round, meh i forget.

Cake and eat it wins !

I'm not a huge fan of his, but skillwise you should always go with De Bruyne, not least because he basically has no weaker foot. He's also extremely versatile and he will get good stats and performances if you give him the confidence he needs.

On the other hand, Hughes is HG which may (or may not) be a decisive factor. I have never signed him myself, but he does seem to develop well. If possible, why not try and get them both? Hughes for CM, De Bruyne for one row higher up the pitch.

I'm currently in 2016 and Hughes is still at Derby, he has averaged a 7.09 in 14/15 season and 7.08 in 15/16 season with 12 assists in both seasons. De Bruyne moved to Man City in 14/15 season and stayed until 15/16 season and didn't really perform too well. He was averaging a rating of about 6.09 in each season. Maybe it was the team he was in but I would personally go for Hughes. HG advantage is a big bonus I think!!

I am using De Bruyne as an AMR IF-Attack. Getting 15 goals and 20 assists per season. Pretty good you might say. The thing is, i have a 22 player squad, which i rotate after every game, so those came from pretty much half a season. I would doubt you can double those figures, but i'm sure he can contribute more if played every game.
I expected Mata and Hazard to be the deadly couple in my save, instead i got De Bruyne and Schurrle destroying opponents :D

since you are arsenal, you should still have 4 of the best central midfielders in the world, ramsey, wilshere, zalalem, and crowley. If you've trained Zelalem and Crowley well they can be just as good as wilshere and ramsey, and adding Will Hughes gives you too many versatile/attacking central midfielders.

I, like the guy above, use De Bruyne as an IF on the right or left side, so he doesnt cause the same problem that hughes does.

Buy De Bruyne , play with him 15 matches a season and sell him for 25mil. (or play with him if you don't find any better)

Bought Kevin de Bruyne in with Udinese (and Negredo), de Bruyne was great, over 10 goals, and 20+ assist at Udinese. Was best player from the serie A and on the golden boot (last 20) shortlist.

sold him to city for 40 Million euro's because of his transfer clause