Kevin Keegan : "I will love it if we beat them! Love it!"

FM2014

Reaction score
View attachment 355307

"When you do that with footballers like Ferguson said about Leeds, and when you do things like that about a man like Stuart Pearce.

“I've kept really quiet but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimations when he said that. We have not resorted to that.

“You can tell him now, we're still fighting for this title and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something and I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.
“But it really has got to me. I've voiced it live, not in front of the press or anywhere. I'm not even going to the press conference. But the battle is still on and Man United have not won this yet.

View attachment 355314

Joseph Kevin Keegan, OBE (born 14 February 1951) is an English former footballer who played for several clubs including Liverpool where he won three Football League Division One titles, two UEFA Cups, an FA Cup and a European Cup. He went on to become a club manager, winning promotion as champions in his first full season at all three clubs he managed. He also managed the England National Football Team.
As a player in the 1970s and 1980s, he has been described as "arguably the first superstar English player to attract the modern media spotlight". He began his playing career at Scunthorpe United in 1968, before moving to Liverpool of Division One in 1971. At Liverpool, Keegan won three First Division titles, two UEFA Cups, one FA Cup and the European Cup. He also gained his first England cap in 1972, and moved to German top-flight club Hamburger SV in the summer of 1977. At Hamburg he was crowned European Footballer of the Year in both 1978 and 1979, won the Bundesliga title in 1978–79, and reached the European Cup final the following year. Keegan moved to Southampton that summer, and spent two seasons at the club before a transfer to Second-tier Newcastle United in 1982. He helped Newcastle to promotion in his second season, and retired from football in 1984, having been capped 63 times for England, scoring 21 goals.
He moved into management at Newcastle in 1992, again returning the club to the top flight, as First Division champions. After promotion, Keegan's Newcastle finished second in the Premier League in 1995–96, after leading the table most of the season. After a spell at Fulham, he took charge of the England Team in 1999 but resigned in the autumn of 2000, following a loss against Germany in World Cup qualification (this was also the last game at the old Wembley Stadium). He then became manager of Manchester City in 2001 and spent four years at the club before resigning in 2005. He had been out of football for almost three years when he returned to Newcastle United for a second spell as manager in January 2008. This spell lasted only eight months, however, as Keegan resigned on 4 September 2008 following days of speculation regarding a dispute with the club directors.

Last edited:
Kevin Keegan wants Manchester City job

View attachment 355315

Keegan wants Manchester City job

View attachment 355316
Reports are flowing in in regard to the vacant position at The City of Manchester Stadium following the resignation of Roberto Mancini after he failed to guide them to the Champions League finishing 5th in the Premiership.

Steve Bruce : Manchester City are considering whether or not to offer Steve Bruce the position at The Etihad and it remains to be seen whether Manchester City fans would be happy about that.

Kevin Keegan : After announcing his Managerial return, Kevin Keegan has already been turned down to return to St James' Park after Mike Ashley opted for Stuart Pearce to take the reigns following the dismissal of Alan Pardew. Kevin Keegan seems to be the favourite for the Manchester City post after his previous spell with them, guiding them back to the Premiership in 2002.

Good start, shame about the cut and paste from Wiki, think a edit and getting rid of the numbers and blue writing would be good!

Steve Bruce : Manchester City are considering whether or not to offer Steve Bruce the position at The Etihad and it remains to be seen whether Manchester City fans would be happy about that.

As much as I love Steve Bruce for getting us promoted this past season; how on Earth would he be even considered for the Manchester City job?

As much as I love Steve Bruce for getting us promoted this past season; how on Earth would he be even considered for the Manchester City job?

Don't know, but it was in the Transfer Rumours in News. I was a little puzzled too haha.

View attachment 356673

View attachment 356675

King Kevin returns to Tyneside

Mike Ashley has today shocked the world of football by announcing Kevin Keegan as the new man to take the hot seat at St James' Park with the full backing of the board. Kevin Keegan had previously managed Newcastle United on 2 occasions and he certainly hopes this time around he can make a big difference.

Keegan wastes no time

View attachment 356677

Kevin Keegan has advised the Premiership to be ready for The Entertainers *(as they were known back in his time at St James') and has targeted some attacking players to add to his disposal.

View attachment 356678
Kevin Keegan has made Gabby Agbonlahor one of his top transfer targets as he looks for more attacking potential from his Newcastle United squad. After already signing 4 players, Keegan is adamant he is not finished in the market yet.

New Signings thrill Toon Army

View attachment 356679
Kevin Keegan is delighted to have captured Fraser Forster from Celtic and Antonio Valencia from Manchester United. Kevin Keegan was said to be over the moon to have brought back Fraser Forster who he said should never have left Newcastle United. Also Antonio Valencia has became the highest paid member of the Newcastle United squad with a £70,000pw contract being accepted.

Agbonlahor responds to King Kevin

View attachment 356680
Gabby Agbonlahor may have upset Aston Villa fans and staff alike by announcing he would be interested in signing for Newcastle United after Kevin Keegan went public in his interest of the pacey striker. It remains to be seen whether Newcastle United have made a formal offer at this stage.

Premiership Title Odds​

View attachment 356681

Last edited:
Newcastle spend record £31.5m

Newcastle spend record £31.5m

View attachment 356729
Newcastle United have completed the signings of Kurt Zouma and Gabby Agbonlahor in a major coup for the North East club. Kevin Keegan has so far spent £31.5m on players after re-joining Newcastle United and has stated Kurt Zouma will make an immediate impact in the Premiership and believes the defender to be a player with one of the highest potential he has seen.

View attachment 356730

New Newcastle Signing has big ambitions

New Newcastle United youngster Andy Stowell has signed for Newcastle United after Kevin Keegan had rave reviews about the youngster who has only just turned 17. Andy Stowell is a product of the Stockport Youth Academy and moved to Fleetwood immediately, making 20 appearances, scoring 5 goals with an average rating of 7.12 and once Graham Carr notified Kevin Keegan of this youngster, Newcastle United made an approach to Fleetwood with a £4m bid, which is a hefty sum for such a youngster, but Kevin Keegan believes Andy Stowell to be the next Alan Shearer and will do everything to nurture his talent.

View attachment 356731
View attachment 356732

The Beginning

Kevin Keegan signs David Beckham

View attachment 356777

David Beckham could not get into St James' Park for the Paparazzi that awaited him before his press conference with Kevin Keegan, in that press conference Kevin Keegan reiterated that David Beckham joining Newcastle United was not a flash in the pan and David Beckham would play some part in Kevin Keegan's redevelopment of Newcastle United. David Beckham was happy to answer a few questions from the media, saying he was overjoyed to have the opportunity to play in the Premiership once again and was happy to play for Kevin Keegan again, having played under him when Kevin Keegan was manager of England.

View attachment 356778

Season preview

With the season ready to kick off, we preview what is to come in the first weekend of Premier League football and what is expected over the course of the season with Managers Jose Mourinho (Chelsea), David Moyes (Man Utd) and Roberto Mancini (Man City) expected to battle it out for the Premiership Crown there will be other battles like Kevin Keegan (Newcastle) and Martin O'Neill (Sunderland) to look forward too as well.

View attachment 356776

Fixture 1 vs Cardiff (A)

Cardiff 0 - 2 Newcastle

View attachment 356791

View attachment 356792

View attachment 356793

Kevin Keegan was delighted at the final whistle after his Newcastle side picked up their first victory of the season in the season-opener at Cardiff with a brilliant performance from Yanga-Mbiwa. Andy Stowell gained his debut after coming on after the break with Papiss Cisse being taken off.

Post-Match

View attachment 356796

Reporter :
A good start Kevin, what are your thoughts on the game?

Kevin Keegan :
Well, I would have liked one of my front men to have scored, but I have to say what a brilliant performance that was and I will be expecting more of the same against Reading at Home next week.

Reporter :
You brought on youngster Andy Stowell at half-time which surprised many as Papiss Cisse didn't really have an opportunity, why was this?

Kevin Keegan :
The reason behind that was Papiss Cisse was complaining of a sore calf so I didn't want to risk him and Andy Stowell is more than capable.

Reporter :
Will Andy Stowell be featuring anytime soon?

Kevin Keegan :
Yes, most certainly. He will be starting the game next week against Reading and David Beckham will be getting his first game for us also

Reporter :
That's great, thank you for your time Kevin and we will speak soon.

Kevin Keegan :
No problem, thanks.

Shearer Announced

Good times ahead for Newcastle United

View attachment 356806

Fans were notified that there was going to be a special announcement at St James' Park on Thursday 29th of August and that if they didn't want to miss it they better arrive early to catch a glimpse of something spectacular. Fans were delighted and intrigued to see former striker Alan Shearer arrive at the clubs ground and were really unaware of what was going to happen. Rumours had it that Alan Shearer was going to take over Kevin Keegan as Manager.

Alan Shearer arrives

View attachment 356810

After Kevin Keegan fought tooth and nail to bring Alan Shearer to Newcastle United for £15million back in 1996, no one would have thought Alan Shearer would be arriving as the Assistant Manager of Newcastle United with Kevin Keegan at the helm. Fans believed Kevin Keegan was dealing with this announcement, but it was none other than Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias who directed negotiations with one of the clubs most revered greats. Kevin Keegan said in a statement he is delighted with this announcement and will look forward to working with Alan Shearer again.

August September Update

Results

View attachment 357165
Some excellent performances from my squad and a great unbeaten start to the season! I am hoping we can kick on and carry this form into the next few months. I am delighted with our performances against Chelsea and Tottenham where we were probably expected to lose so definitely a good couple of results.

League Overview

View attachment 357166

After a good start to the season, we are currently sitting in a rather good position after 6 games and drawing with top team Manchester City. Antonio Valencia is looking like a great signing with him leading the assist charts.

October November Preview

View attachment 357167

October and November look like tough months with Manchester United my next opponent, then we have Everton and a Capital One Cup 4th Round tie against Chelsea at St James' Park. I am aiming for 7 Victories out of the Premier Division fixtures and maybe a resort to a loss against Manchester United.

Transfer Deadline Day Round Up

View attachment 357168

View attachment 357169

After a very busy Transfer Deadline Day I was happy to catch Marko Marin on Deadline Day. I am also happy to have a final transfer costings of +£21m also.