• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Just breaking on SSN. Kevin Nolan is right now having a medical at West Ham United.
Will get links for this when they appear. Safe to say I wasn't expecting this one!

Why would he drop down a league? ..

I have no idea. Caught me totally by surprise. Huge contract I suspect. Which makes me wonder if Barton will stay...

He rejected a new contract a few weeks back, and now having a medical at a Championship club despite various Premier League clubs being interested..

Only thing I can think of is the fact he is getting on a bit now and Sam Allardyce is the manager (re-united from their Bolton days).

He likes Allardyce (for some reason), probably offered **** loads at West Ham. Could do a job for most PL sides tho.

Now that's a shocker. Read the same thing on Twitter. Was pretty surprised.

Quite the coup for West Ham, then. Is there a free or is he out of contract? (Sorry haven't kept up.)

He's not free or out of contract, I think he has one year left and we won't offer him the new deal he wants because we're Newcastle and doing stupid things is fun.

He's not free or out of contract, I think he has one year left and we won't offer him the new deal he wants because we're Newcastle and doing stupid things is fun.

He's got 2 years left according to SSN, no mention of a fee however. Can't see it being more than 3-4M however.

Doubtful it'd be under 2.5, I belive we rejected 1.5m just a few days ago

Really dont understand this?? Nolan is a PL class player without a dout.

BIG FAT SAMS CLARET AND BLUE ARMY!
Who needs hitzlesperger when we got Nolan!

What a buy if it happens, Nolan collison and Noble in the middle.. OOOOOOSH!

All down to Allardyce this one, I am a happy hammer if this is confirmed!!!

Really dont understand this?? Nolan is a PL class player without a dout.

It is abundant that something isn’t right at Newcastle. I doubt West Ham will be paying him silly wages, considering debts & the loss of income following relegation. It may be because he has a good relationship with Big Sam, who knows.

Such a coupe for the Hammers though, ideal signing for a swift return to the big time.

It is abundant that something isn’t right at Newcastle. I doubt West Ham will be paying him silly wages, considering debts & the loss of income following relegation. It may be because he has a good relationship with Big Sam, who knows.

Such a coupe for the Hammers though, ideal signing for a swift return to the big time.

Once again, the Toon have conspired to shoot themselves in the foot...

Newcastle should not be selling him. And he should not be going a league down. As others on this thread said, he is a PL class player.

Fee believed to be around £5m. He didn't have a place in the started XI next season, and has conceded in the past that he'd rather leave once it reached that stage than benchwarm. In addition to this, it's likely a move by Ashley to quash the player power situation we're getting. Nolan rejected a contract extension recently, and could have rejected this move, but he's chosen to go ahead with it, and now we've got Barton trying to stir up more hate on twitter (which he only joined to strengthen his contract negotiations).

I see this as a step forward, provided we continue to act in the transfer window, and the saved £5m in wages + fee are put to use.

Nah mate, some reports saying its only £1.5 - £2million. I have a feeling the connection of Ba joining you may have something to do with it. Although he is a free agent it shouldn't have something to do with it, but I have a feeling it might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back