Tomstorey

Reaction score
In real life clubs sound out players and agents before making an official approach for a player. Recently Barca gave Arsenal, Juve and Liverpool permission to offer wages and present their case to the player and his representatives. Unofficial approaches are common too, last week Liverpool talked to Wilfried Bony's agent without Swansea's permission. I believe FM should allow you to contact agents and then (if permission's granted) talk to the player. This happens in real life and I believe it to be a fundamental part of the game missing from FM. Anyone believe this should be in the game?

In real life clubs sound out players and agents before making an official approach for a player. Recently Barca gave Arsenal, Juve and Liverpool permission to offer wages and present their case to the player and his representatives. Unofficial approaches are common too, last week Liverpool talked to Wilfried Bony's agent without Swansea's permission. I believe FM should allow you to contact agents and then (if permission's granted) talk to the player. This happens in real life and I believe it to be a fundamental part of the game missing from FM. Anyone believe this should be in the game?
It should be in the game, but i wouldn't say it is key.

They tried it a couple of years back, (or was it champ man I forget) you could agree a contract but you was also at danger of getting a point deduction (once cost me the league). For the sake of game mechanics I don't thik it is a fundamental part of the game missing and tbf could be open to exploitation from the player, think along the lines of agree a contract with half your rivals team then deliberately fail to agree a fee then upsetting half your rivals team. The current method is how it is supposed tyo work in real life but yeah it doesn't but In game I think it is the best way of doing it.

The ability to ***** slap players who give me lip.

I'm Arsenal and want Vidal or Lars Bender. Vidal isn't interested, my idea would be talking to him and offering him huge wages would make him receptive. Bender wants to join but Leverkusen won't sell. Offering him wages etc could cause him to ask for a move.

I'm Arsenal and want Vidal or Lars Bender. Vidal isn't interested, my idea would be talking to him and offering him huge wages would make him receptive. Bender wants to join but Leverkusen won't sell. Offering him wages etc could cause him to ask for a move.

So could talking to the press, also Bender could ask for a move and Leverkusen just say no. Every team will sell every player, every player has an asking price its just unless you have FMRTE you cannot see it

Player Endorsement!! That is the key feature missing that they removed

I always assumed that when a scout's report either says "X is unlikely to want to sell the player" or "X would probably be available for £20m-£30m", that represents the result of the unofficial sounding-out process.

*edit* The system is fine as it is in my opinion, it doesn't need to be complicated. The "admire" option is enough. Some of the recently introduced additional options were stupid. No manager would actually say things like "Joe Bloggs is being wasted at Arsenal and should join an ambitious club like Man City" as blatantly as that.

Last edited:
I always assumed that when a scout's report either says "X is unlikely to want to sell the player" or "X would probably be available for £20m-£30m", that represents the result of the unofficial sounding-out process.

*edit* The system is fine as it is in my opinion, it doesn't need to be complicated. The "admire" option is enough. Some of the recently introduced additional options were stupid. No manager would actually say things like "Joe Bloggs is being wasted at Arsenal and should join an ambitious club like Man City" as blatantly as that.

I've always seen the scout report's findings as a result of an "informal conversation" with the player's agent.
But I don't think it's a "key feature"

I'd much rather see your Manager get coaching attributes which increase along with your reputation since most (if not all) Managers lead their First team training sessions.