Kezza96's Attempt at the Ultimate Champions League Challenge

I also thought i would have a go at the Champions League Challenge and have started at Barcelona who are just stupidly good on this game! I have won 13 games out of 14 and Messi has 21 goals!

January
View attachment 297444

Barcelona 3-0 Espanyol
Villa, Messi (2)

Malaga 0-0 Barcelona

R. Sociedad 1-3 Barcelona
Villa (2), Puyol

Barcelona 1-1 At. Madrid
Thiago

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spanish Cup Quarter Finals

Valencia 0-2 Barcelona
Messi, Villa

Barcelona 3-0 Espanyol
Thiago, Alba, Messi

Aggregate: 5-0

Semi Finals

Celta 3-2 Barcelona
Sanchez, Pedro

Barcelona 2-0 Celta
Sanchez (2)

Aggregate: 4-3

We will play Real Madrid in the Final!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Player Of The Month

Alexis Sanchez

View attachment 297445

League Table
View attachment 297446

Good to see you doing a story Kezza :) going strong, as to be expected

February
View attachment 297467

Valencia 0-2 Barcelona
Villa(2)

Barcelona 3-0 Getafe
Villa(2), Pedro

Granada 0-5 Barcelona
Thiago, Villa, Pedro, Fabregas, OG

Barcelona 1-2 Sevilla
Thiago

Champions League
Last 16, 1st leg

Benfica 2-2 Barcelona
Villa (2)

Not the ideal result but 2 away goals and the Nou Camp is always an easier place to play!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Good month other than the Sevilla result, Real Madrid had a poor month so back to the top I go!

Player Of The Month

David Villa
View attachment 297473

League Table
View attachment 297474

Unlucky against Benfica... i couldn't beat them on both occasions in the group stage (luckily they finished bottom of the group so i don't have to face them again!!)

Unlucky against Benfica... i couldn't beat them on both occasions in the group stage (luckily they finished bottom of the group so i don't have to face them again!!)
Haha, Benfica just seem to be a common bogey team in this FM! Not looking forward to managing Porto.

yeah i struggled against benfica...cardozo is dangerous for them

good results. IF you don't win the cl and stay at barça, will you actually try and continue the philosophy of promoting the youth or will you not care and try win with the current bunch of superstars?

good results. IF you don't win the cl and stay at barça, will you actually try and continue the philosophy of promoting the youth or will you not care and try win with the current bunch of superstars?
While I like promoting youth, I have a squad of players that should win the CL, and If i don't win it first season I'll buy someone like Falcao and hopefully win it second try round!

March
View attachment 297514
Found this funny!

R. Madrid 2-2 Barcelona
Pique, Messi

Barcelona 3-0 Deportivo
Pedro (3)

Barcelona 5-0 Rayo
Alba, Messi (2). Pedro (2)

Celta 1-2 Barcelona
Iniesta, Villa

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Champions League
Last 16, 2nd leg

Barcelona 1-0 Benfica
Sanchez
3-2 Aggregate

QF/SF Draw
View attachment 297515View attachment 297516

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A near perfect month!

Player Of The Month

Pedro
View attachment 297517

League Table
View attachment 297518

April
View attachment 297535

Barcelona 1-0 Mallorca
Messi

Zaragoza 1-4 Barcelona
Iniesta, Alba, Sanchez, OG

Barcelona 1-0 Levante
Villa

Athletic 1-2 Barcelona
Fabregas, Song

Champions League
Quarter Finals, 1st Leg

Barcelona 3-0 Zenit
Pique, Alves, Messi

Good performance here which should see us through to the next round.

2nd Leg
Zenit 1-0 Barcelona

Played some younger players here and they performed fairly well in Russia

Semi Finals, 1st Leg

Barcelona 4-1 Manchester City
Villa, Alves, Alba, OG

WHAT A FECKING RESULT!!! Honestly, when they took the lead on th 55th minute I was doubting my chances in this competition since we were playing terribly. However, since then we absolutely dominated and we are now staring at the prospect of a Champions League final against PSG or Bayern!

So a great month in the champions league and the league- We keep up this form and we could have a lot of silverware at the end of the season.

Player Of The Month

Dani Alves
View attachment 297538

League Table

View attachment 297540

May
View attachment 297558

Barcelona 3-1 Betis
Messi, Pedro, Alba

Osasuna 1-3 Barcelona
Pique, Mascherano, Villa

Barcelona 5-0 Valladolid
Alves, Mascherano (2), Sanchez, Villa

We Secure the League!

Espanyol 0-2 Barcelona
Alba, Pedro

Barcelona 5-1 Malaga
Fabregas (3), Iniesta, Pedro

Champions League
Semi Finals, 2nd Leg
Manchester City 4-3 Barcelona
Villa (3)

Didn't care about this defeat as we are in the final now! Did we win though? All will be revealed in the next update!

Aggregate: 7-5

Spanish Cup
Final

Real Madrid 0-1 Barcelona
Villa

Our third trophy of the season! That's the Spanish Super Cup, the Spanish Cup and the League! Now It's just the champions league....

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Player Of The Month

David Villa
View attachment 297560

Final League Table, Spanish Cup
View attachment 297564View attachment 297563

Last edited:
next updates are the CL final and the End of season review.

Really good achievement despite it being with Barcelona - it's never easy to win everything no matter how good your team is. Who are you against in the final?

Really good achievement despite it being with Barcelona - it's never easy to win everything no matter how good your team is. Who are you against in the final?
I played Bayern, result will come within the next 10-20 mins :)

Champions League Final

View attachment 297569
A reminder of last year's final

Lineups

View attachment 297573

Match

25'- GOAL Messi Barcelona 1-0 Bayern

27'- GOAL Gomez Barcelona 1-1 Bayern

28'- GOAL Messi Barcelona 2-1 Bayern

39'- GOAL Messi Barcelona 3-1 Bayern

HT
Barcelona 3-1 Bayern

49'- GOAL Schweinsteiger (pen) Barcelona 3-2 Bayern

85'- GOAL Busquets Barcelona 4-2 Bayern

FT Barcelona 4-2 Bayern

Campeones, Campeones, Ole Ole Ole!

View attachment 297579

View attachment 297580

End Of Season Review
View attachment 297597

So, a terrific season in which we won every trophy that we could possibly win: The super cup, the Spanish cup, the league and the Champions League, most importantly. I had fun at Barcelona, but it will be time to move on. The question is, where next? The team I beat in the final, Bayern, are the most likely team I will take control of, as I understand that Heynckes is retiring. But we will see!

First Team Squad
View attachment 297601

Full Final Table
View attachment 297602

Other Leagues
View attachment 297603View attachment 297604View attachment 297605View attachment 297606