khodders 433 Controlled, Patient, Possession Football

khodder

Reaction score
My latest tactic, and after the testing phase, it has come out really well, so figured that uploading it onto the site for all anybody who wishes to use the tactic can use it and hopefully have some success with it.

There are two versions that are at the bottom of the thread they are v2 and v3, the major difference between the two is the use of an Advanced Playmaker in v2 and a Deep Lying Playmaker in v3. I feel v3 is better balanced, but if your teams midfield is better suited to an advanced playmaker it is probably better to use v2.

The two teams I tested it with were Tottenham in the EPL (v2) and Real Madrid in La Liga (v3). Both teams have good balances of talent, so it no doubt helped, especially with Madrid, but I still think this is a really good tactic.

It starts with the back four. You have your general back four, two fullbacks with Automatic set. They provide good width on attacking moves, but also make sure to take care of their defensive duties. I made some tweaks, mainly to their style of passing and not to run with the ball, play through balls or take long shots. The two central defenders are simply Central Defender, Defend, they utilise Zonal Marking, so position is a key stat here as is anticipation and pace to make sure they do not get caught out of position.

attachment.php
attachment.php

The midfield is a very important part of the equation. They help to keep possession of the football while also managing to fashion out chances for the team. The two CM's on the outsides have been given the attack duty. They drift wider at times, and create false width to open up space if none is readily available. In the middle you have your Deep Lying Playmaker. The heart of the side, he is the man to be mostly likely on the ball at any given stage of the match. he controls the tempo of the game, he distributes to his fullbacks, outside midfielders and the front line, although he may not often play the decisive pass for a goal, he is at the heart of what the team does. If working well the trio will form a curve with the DLP being slightly shallower than the other two players with the Fullbacks wide giving the DLP a multitude of passing options.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finally we have the attacking trio. Two poachers flank a deep lying forward. The Deep Lying Forward is probably to key to making this tactic work, he will score goals at a good clip (Pavlchyenko leading EPL in goals and Kaka 2nd) and will also provide the last pass a lot of the time for others to score from. (Kaka leading La Liga in Assists). He drops slightly deeper to get the ball and works from there. He will often run with the ball and take on at least the first defender to create space and player with good dribbling skills is a big plus. The Poachers on the outside have one major tweak in that their wide play is set to cut inside. I noticed this made them make a lot more angled runs from wide positions towards the goal, often cutting behind a fullback and go unnoticed by the central defenders. This leads to lots of Clear Cut Chances for your team, and quality players can put them away. Off The Ball and Anticipation are very important for these runs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So there you have the basic outline of how the team generally works. So here is how the tactic looks from the Bird's Eye View.

attachment.php

As I mentioned earlier my two tests were at Tottenham and Real Madrid. First Tottenham. The tacitc worked well, they have the right sort of midfield for the tactic and have two good strikers for it, but could have used a quicker player instead of Crouch as the Poacher but I still found pretty solid results. I used Modric as an Advanced Playmaker (version 2) but it could probably work well with Huddlestone as a Deep Lying Playmaker.

I had some really good success, including two big wins over Liverpool and Manchester United, both games we deserved the win having more shots on target and more Clear Cut Chances.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I also beat Arsenal 7-1 Earlier in the year, I do not have a SS of the game, but as a part of the fixture list...

attachment.php

You can see I also drew my away fixture with Liverpool and scraped a 1-0 win at home vs Man United.

In the end I fell short of pushing hard for the title but still finished a very respectable 3rd in the EPL with 84 points, losing just 4 games along the way.

attachment.php

Confirmation of The Russian being top scorer; You can see he also chipped in with 14 league assists.

attachment.php

With this success I decided to move on and test it with another side. I went with Real Madrid, and I expected success, but to the degree I had it even I was stunned. I lost just 3 fixtures throughout the entire season in all competitions Once to Liverpool in the CL Group Stages, Once to Racing in the League despite me completely dominating (SS later) and finally to Barce in the CL Quarter Final.. I did the League and Cup double, and was unfortunately knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter finals by Barcelona after beating Chelsea in the first knockout round. I scored 111 League Goals while conceding just 28 and won 34 of the 38 league games and finished with 105 points after having wrapped up the league with 7 games to spare. I dominated the Goalscorer charts with three in the top seven, with Kaka running away with the Assist lead.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Somehow Kaka managed to not win League player of the year, personally I think it is Bias...;)

Here is the loss to Racing. Not really sure how exactly we managed to lose, their keeper pulled off some great saves, and Guti missing a penalty was a dagger. As the season wore on I became more and more gutted that this result robbed me of an undefeated League Season.

attachment.php

I had some very good results outside of the Champions League vs big rival Barcelona, including the Spanish Cup final and the home fixture in the league.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is the league stats of my Squad, Kaka being the abosolute standout;

attachment.php

Finally for all those who doubt me, I DID NOT USE THE CORNER BUG;

attachment.php

So there you have it, khodders 433 Attacking Tactic, tested and ready to plug 'n' play I would love to get some feedback on whether it works elsewhere or is only suited for top tier teams.

Happy FM'ing
khodder

do you use a primary playmaker and primary target man??

do you use a primary playmaker and primary target man??

No Target Man at all. With Playmaker I think the ADV or DLP are automatically installed as the playmaker, but I do not check the box, it is greyed out.

I use no shouts, except the Retain Possession, Contain, Drop Deeper, Play Even Safer in the last 5-8 minutes of a close game.

I played on a standard size pitch on patch 10.3

This tactic looks great, im surprised you havent had much feedback!

Will test it now, still deciding on a team, any suggestions?

This tactic looks great, im surprised you havent had much feedback!

Will test it now, still deciding on a team, any suggestions?

Only suggestions would be to get a team who has a good forward who can pass, dribble and score. And play him in the Deep Lying Forward spot.

tested with lover a league team

i tested with lover a league team with little tweaks(v3 rmadrid)

+domination
+attacking
+nice passing flow
+solid defence

-if against team pass behind your defence(counter style) it can be problem

-tweaks-
all of player long shot set to rarely(center st make more assist)
right st creative freedom same with center mc and run from deep often
i am not sure that but i think i change right and left st cross from settings byline to deep

and sometimes if i cant open aganist defence i give(juts for 5-10 min)
look for overlap
push higher up
-tweaks-

and with that tactic need that kind players

left st should be fast and talented (dribble,crossing,passing,determination,pace,agility etc)

center st should be intelligence and complate forward(anticaption(17+),positioning,heading,passing,decisions etc)

right st should be fast talented and talented and talented : ) (flair(+16),creativity(+16),heading,crossing,composure,pace etc)

center mc deep lying playmaker(long shoot give advantage)
right mc defensive good and should be talented
left mc more defensive than others

all fullbacks should have good crossing , speed and defence

defence ones should strenght tall jumping heading kind(i prefer put left dc)
and ones should be athletic and ball playing type(i prefer put right dc)

i tested with lover a league team with little tweaks(v3 rmadrid)

+domination
+attacking
+nice passing flow
+solid defence

-if against team pass behind your defence(counter style) it can be problem

-tweaks-
all of player long shot set to rarely(center st make more assist)
right st creative freedom same with center mc and run from deep often
i am not sure that but i think i change right and left st cross from settings byline to deep

and sometimes if i cant open aganist defence i give(juts for 5-10 min)
look for overlap
push higher up
-tweaks-

and with that tactic need that kind players

left st should be fast and talented (dribble,crossing,passing,determination,pace,agility etc)

center st should be intelligence and complate forward(anticaption(17+),positioning,heading,passing,decisions etc)

right st should be fast talented and talented and talented : ) (flair(+16),creativity(+16),heading,crossing,composure,pace etc)

center mc deep lying playmaker(long shoot give advantage)
right mc defensive good and should be talented
left mc more defensive than others

all fullbacks should have good crossing , speed and defence

defence ones should strenght tall jumping heading kind(i prefer put left dc)
and ones should be athletic and ball playing type(i prefer put right dc)

Thanks man.

Yeah the front 3 are really key players in the tactic, and I think that is why it worked so well with Real Madrid and the Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema trio.

Mate... i have to tell you... your tactic is brilliant... i have tried many... and none have the fluidity, domination from start, plus creating space for goal opportunities as your tactic has... I will be looking out for more from you mate... well done and keep it up!!!

ill try this
433 seems to be the way to go in FM10
give u feedback in a few

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

sorry but do u use opposition instructions etc etc

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:06 PM ----------

provided by khodder
Occasionaly Use Work Ball into Box and Pass into Space to break teams down
I actually use push higher and get ball forward

But saying that this tactic is great and pretty much universal
I have used it on my huddersfield save and won every game bar 1 league cup and 1 league draw

I started a new everton game to improve the guide on this site and have found this to work great with everton

won most games by a 3 goal margin one game 4-2 drew
drew 3 games 2-2 away to portsmouth (where every player had bad ratings) but we came back 1-1 against arsenal where we dominated and 1-1 to zurich with a late equaliser
best result 3-0 man city at home
ost to wolves 1-0 but had dominated them

I can only assume Defoe is a poacher and just whack Crouch as a target man.

CROUCH and DEFOE are Poachers or Deep Lying Forwards??????

In the three man front both were poachers. Crouch did not fit the role all that well, but he was my 3rd best striker regardless and when testing tactics I tend to hold off on buying any players.

In the Tottenham tactic RomanP was the Deep Lying Forward

I like this tactic, currently using QPR.. top of the Championship by 3 points..after 35 games, won 22, drew 8, lost 6.. media prediction was to finish 11th.. only signed Lauren on a freebie.

Like the style of play, enjoyable to watch!

How would you arrange Chicarito ( Javi Hernandez), Rooney and Luis Fabiano as the front three? As in who would be the DLF and which two would be the poachers?
Really looking forward to giving this tactic a try matey:)

oh another thing, this tactic is supposed to be on controlled right?

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Ive played 8 matches with this tactic so far, and my team are still taking unnecesary long shots and not finishing clear cut chances, i dont understand:S i dnt jst wanna call the tactic rubbish, because it clearly isnt. so what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:
This tactic really does work :)
I tried it on england and won the world cup beating germany in the 2nd round spain in the quarters and france in the semis, the final however was against serbia (strange) which was easy i mainly used this team
Hart
Johnson Terry Ferdinand A.cole

Gerrard Barry Lampard

Defoe Rooney Abonglonore ( sorrry cant spell)

worked very well, I didnt change the tactic at all, this one really works ;)
Thnx