• Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 4K
L

lynchyyyy

19th June 2011
32953d1265042597-lgfires-story-templates-skysports.png

Breaking News:

Mark Hughes Resigns as Queen's Park Rangers manager.
Mark+Hughes.jpg

QPR manager Mark Hughes has resigned one month after guiding the club from relegation. skysports.com understands that Hughes wants time away to attend his wife's poor health. The 48 year old succeeded Neil Warnock as manager of QPR early January with the Rs lying 17th in the table. Hughes led QPR to safety and retained there Premier League status. QPR representatives released a statement late last night:

"It is with great regret to inform you that Mark Hughes has resigned as manger of Queen's Park Rangers with immediate effect due to personal reasons. We would like to thank Mr. Hughes for his contribution to this club and all he has achieved. We would like to wish Mark all the best for the future and wish his wife a quick and health recovery. We ask everyone to respect the privacy of Mark and his family in these tough times."

Youth coach Kieran Lynch will become caretaker in the meantime. QPR now have to find a manager to take over the reigns and continue what Hughes started. Before resigning, Hughes made 11 signings including Julio Cesar, Stephane MBia and Real Madrid midfielder Estaban Granero.

29th June 2011

Youth coach appointed QPR manager.

Loftus-Road.jpg

QPR have announced the appointment of former youth coach Kieran Lynch as their new manager, succeeding Mark Hughes. The 26 year old, who has been at the club for 2 years, has never managed before only at youth level. However, Lynch is highly-rated in the QPR camp once touted to become the next Villa-Boas. It is rumoured that Mark Hughes' one last request was that Kieran Lynch was appointed. The football world is in state of shock with many
criticising QPR's lack of ambition to give such a young and inexperienced manager the job.

Pre Season

140706199.jpg

Kieran Lynch wasted no time in sorting out his squad for the upcoming season with 3 arrivals and 7 departures. Lynch brought in veteran 36 year old striker Alessandro Del Piero on a free transfer from Italian champions Juventus to provide some valuable exprience to the squad along with Nigel Reo Coker and Bruno Ecuele Manga.

Transfers In

116548-alessandero-del-piero.jpg

Alessandro Del Piero - Free Transfer - Juventus
Nigel Reo Coker - Free Transfer - Bolton
Bruno Ecuele Manga - £11.5m - FC Lorient

Transfers Out

Kieron Dyer - Released
Hogan Ephraim - Loan (Fee £475k) - Bristol City
Sam Magri - Loan - Yeovil
Max Ehmer - Loan - Gillingham
Shaun Derry - Loan (Fee £275k) - Leeds
Jamie Mackie - Loan (Fee £1m) - Newcastle
Angelo Balanta - Loan - Stevenage

Results

QPR 3-0 QPR Reserves
(Granero, Cisse, Mbia)
View attachment 279096

St Johnstone 0-4 QPR
(Cisse/2, Mackie, Granero)
View attachment 279098

QPR 0-1 Chivas
(None)
View attachment 279095

Swindon 1-3 QPR
(Magri, Mackie, Hoilett)
View attachment 279099

QPR 4-3 Santos Laguna
(Faurlin/2, Cisse/2)
View attachment 279097

Calais RUFC 0-4 QPR
(Campbell/3, Mackie)
View attachment 279093

AS Beauvais Oise 0-6 QPR
(Zamora, Del Piero, SWP, Diakite, Reo-Coker, Hulse)
View attachment 279092

CS Louhans-Cuiseaux 0-6 QPR
(Cisse/3, Campbell/2, Mackie)
View attachment 279094

Overall, I am very pleased of how preseason has panned out. We have brought in 3 quality signings including a great prospect in Bruno Ecuele Manga. With 7 wins out of 8, 5 cleans sheets and an impressive 30 goals, I am delighted with our preparation for the upcoming season.

Player of the Month
Djibril Cisse

Lazio-played-me-out-of-position,-reveals-Djibril-Cisse-Serie-A-news-127115.jpg

Djibril Cisse has had a great preseason with 8 goals and some superb performance including a hattrick against French club CS Louhans-Cuiseaux. With Cisse being one of the older players, I am hoping he can be a great influence on and off the pitch.

August

Queens-Park-Rangers-v-Swa-008.jpg

Everton 1-1 QPR
(Park)

View attachment 279126

QPR 2-0 Aston Villa
(Nelsen, Fabio)

View attachment 279129

Capital One Cup: 2nd Round
Notts County 0-3 QPR
(Onuoha, Johnson, Hoilett)

View attachment 279128

Man City 1-0 QPR
(None)

View attachment 279127

I am relativity pleased with August with only 1 defeat out of 4, and that being against the champions. I was disappointed with the performance against Everton after throwing away our lead and then going down to 10 men with the sending off of Stephane Mbia. We were lucky to escape with a draw after Everton missed a pen. Our only defeat came against champions Manchester City. I was incredibly proud of the way we played and we were very unlucky not to get a draw, we just couldn't finish off our chances.

Player of the Month
Fabio

Fabio-da-Silva-Manchester-008.jpg

Fabio put in some superb performance, notably against Everton and Aston Villa. He also got his first ever goal for the club. I am really excited to see Fabio as he improves week on week.

Next Month

Newcastle - H

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round
Liverpool - H

Wigan - H

With 3 home fixtures I want 3 wins out of 3.

Unfortunately I cannot post the league table at the end of each month because I only decided to write this story when I finished the 1st season so I don't have any screenies. Update soon.

September

QPR-FANS-Neil_SI.jpg

QPR 2-1 Newcastle
(ReoCoker, Mbia)

View attachment 279211

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round
QPR 1-0 Liverpool
(ReoCoker)

View attachment 279209

QPR 2-2 Wigan
(Ecuele Manga, Zamora)

View attachment 279213

Good month for us staying undefeated also knocking defending champions Liverpool out of the Capital One Cup. However I was extremely disappointed with our second half performance against Wigan. Yes we had 10 men but we shouldn't have threw away a two goal lead at home.

Player of the Month
Julio Cesar

206449hp2.jpg

Julio Cesar played a vital role in the victories over Newcastle and Liverpool. Just pipped Nigel Reo Coker.

Next Month - October

Reading - A

Swansea - H

Chelsea - H

Capital One Cup: 4th Round
Stoke - A

Stoke - A

October

_60066063_cisse_celebration_getty.jpg

Reading 2-2 QPR
(Cisse, Hoilett)

View attachment 279391

QPR 3-1 Swansea
(Zamora/2, SWP)

View attachment 279390

QPR 2-0 Chelsea

(Zamora/2)

View attachment 279389

Capital One Cup: 4th Round
Stoke 1-4 QPR
(Mbia, Faurlin, Ecuele Manga, Zamora)

View attachment 279392

Stoke 0-6 QPR

(Mbia, Hoilett, Zamora/4)

View attachment 279393

What a month. Undefeated with 4 wins out of 5 and one draw away to Reading. I was a little disappointed to through away a late equaliser against Reading however I was settled with the draw. After beating Swansea we come up against our local rivals Chelsea in which we expect a tough battle against the champions of Europe. A brace from Bobby Zamora sealed the stunning victory, I was delighted. With a double header away to Stoke next I never expect 10 goals in total. To win 4-1 then 6-0 away to Stoke was incredible.

Player of the Month
Bobby Zamora

Bobby+Zamora+Queens+Park+Rangers+v+Everton+mhW1Fz0Yn7rl.jpg

An incredible month for the hitman scoring an amazing 9 goals in 5 games. Scoring in all but 1 game including 4 goals away to Stoke.

Next Month - November

Liverpool - A

West Brom
- H

Capital One Cup: Quarter Final

Spurs - H

Manchester United - A

November

1024px-Loftus_Road_3.jpg

Liverpool 2-2 QPR
(Hoilett, Mbia)

View attachment 279453

QPR 6-0 West Brom
(Zamora/2, Hoilett/3, Ecuele Manga)

View attachment 279456

Capital One Cup: Quarter Final

QPR 5-1 Tottenham
(Hoilett/2, Zamora, Ecuele Manga, Dempsey/OG)

View attachment 279455

Manchester United 1-0 QPR
(None)

View attachment 279454

An decent month for us. A great comeback away to Liverpool earned us a point. We then destroyed West Brom with a super performance from the boys. We then had to play Tottenham in a London Derby in the League Cup. A remarkable performance as we progressed to the Capital One Cup Semi-final, where we would face Championship side Barnsley. I was disappointed to lose to Manchester United but we just didn't turn up.
Player of the Month
Junior Hoilett

Junior-Hoilett-celeb-pa_2834889.jpg

A great month for the youngster scoring in all but one game, including a hattrick against West Brom and a double against Tottenham.

32953d1265042597-lgfires-story-templates-skysports.png

QPR AGREE FEE FOR JOE LEDLEY

Joe+Ledley

Queen's Park Rangers have agreed a fee with Celtic to sign Welsh midfielder Joe Ledley. skysports.com believe the fee is around £5.25m. Manager Kieran Lynch had this to say:

"I am delighted to bring Joe Ledley to the club. He is a super player and will be a great signing for the club. We met with his representative last week and we are happy to wrap the deal up quickly."

Yaya Sanogo will also join QPR however he will join at the end of the season after agreeing a pre contracting with the Rs. The highly rated youngster turned down a contract from current club Auxurre.

Next Month - December

Sunderland - H

Tottenham - A

Southampton - H

West Ham - H

Fulham - A

Norwich - A

December

BPI-QPRvWatf-adi3.jpg

QPR 2-0 Sunderland
(Cattermole OG, Hoilett)

View attachment 279555

Tottenham 1-2 QPR
(Zamora, Granero)

View attachment 279557

QPR 1-0 Sout
hampton
(SWP)

View attachment 279554

QPR 1-0 West Ham
(Park)

View attachment 279556

Fulham 1-1 QPR
(Cisse)

View attachment 279552

Norwich 0-3 QPR
(Taarabt/2, Park)

View attachment 279553

A good month for us remaining unbeaten and defeating London rivals Tottenham at White Hart Lane. After a satisfying victory over Sunderland, we went to White Hart Lane in high hopes. I couldn't ask for a better performance of the boys being the better team over the peace. Just after half time we were given an advantage when full back Anyukov was sent off. I was ready to head down the tunnel when Granero popped up with the winner. We were consistent the rest of the month, ending it in a great victory away to Norwich.

Player of the Month
Stephane Mbia

liga-kup.jpg

Stephane was a rock at the heart of the defence for us this month.

Next Month - January

Everton - H

FA Cup: 3rd Round
Oldham - A

Capital One Cup: Semi Final - 1st Leg
Barnsley - H

Aston Villa - A

Manchester City - H

Capital One Cup: Semi Final - 2nd Leg
Barnsley - A

FA Cup: 4th Round
Sunderland - A

Newcastle - A

January

QPR2.jpg

Transfers In:

Joe Ledley - £5.75m - Celtic
Steven Caluker - Loan - Tottenham
Erick Torres - £6m - Chivas

Transfers Out:

No major just deadwood and youngsters out on loan.

QPR 1-0 Everton
(Hoilett)

View attachment 279611

FA Cup: 3rd Round

Oldham 0-2 QPR
(Zamora, Nelsen)

View attachment 279609

Capital One Cup: Semi Final - 1st Leg

QPR 2-2 Barnsley
(Zamora/2)

View attachment 279610

Aston Villa 0-2 QPR

(Park, Hoilett)

View attachment 279606

QPR 0-3 Manchester City

(None)

View attachment 279612

Capital One Cup: Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Barnsley 1-5 QPR
(Taarabt/2, Fabio, Zamora/2)

View attachment 279607

FA Cup: 4th Round

Sunderland 1-1 QPR
(Park)

View attachment 279613

Newcastle 1-0 QPR

(None)

View attachment 279608

We are going to Wembley!! A great second leg performance at Barnsley sealed us a date at Wembley where we would face West Brom. It was disappionting end to the month with 2 defeats in the league and a draw in the FA Cup away to Sunderland. I wasn't happy with the 1st leg performance against Barnsley conceding 2 away goals and a late equalizer. However I was delighted with the 2nd leg, we played brilliant. I was extremely disappointed with the result against Manchester City, we just did not turn up. The game that frustrated me the most was agianst Newcastle, I was livid. Newcastle finished with 9 men and they played 80 odd mins with only 10 but we still couldn't take advantage. I expect better next month.

Player of the Month
Bobby Zamora

797904155.jpg

Zamora produced the goods this month scoring 5 goals and 3 man of the match awards.

Next Month - Febuary

Wigan - A

FA Cup: 4th Round Replay
Sunderland - H

Arsenal - H

FA Cup: 5th Round
Bolton - H

Reading - H

Capital One Cup: Final
West Brom - N

Febuary

08530468.jpg

Wigan 0-7 QPR
(Zamora/3, Hoilett, Ecuele Manga, Park, Torres)

View attachment 279629

FA Cup: 4th Round Replay

QPR 2-0 Sunderland
(Brown OG, Hoilett)

View attachment 279634

QPR 1-0 Arsenal
(Park)

View attachment 279631

FA Cup: 5th Round

QPR 2-0 Bolton

(Zamora, Hoilett)

View attachment 279632

QPR 2-1 Reading
(Mbia, Hoilett)

View attachment 279633

A great month for us starting of with an emphatic victory away to Wigan hammering them 7-0 and Bobby Zamora scoing a hattrick. We then comfortably beat Sunderland before putting in a great team performance to beat Arsenal. In 5 games we had 4 clean sheets and scored 14 and not losing a single game. Next Stop WEMBLEY!

View attachment 279616

Capital One Cup: Final

View attachment 279630

Queen's Park Rangers
2-3 West Bromwich Albion

Joe Ledley (31) ​............................Chris Brunt (18)
Gabriel Tamas og(61) ................... Romelu Lukaku (62)
​..........................................................Roland Juhasz (84)

Gutted. Such a hard defeat to take, after recovering from 1-0 down we just ran out of energy and West Brom were too strong. To concede the equaliser so soon after taking the lead for the first time. Roland Juhasz wondergoal with 5 mins remaining was a killer. We just couldn't hold on, however I was proud of the boys performance. It was just not to be.

Player of the Month
Park Ji Sung

park-ji-sung-p1.jpg

Some inspiring performance this month from the captain including a goals against Wigan and the winner versus Arsenal.

Next Month - March

Swansea - A

Stoke - H

FA Cup: 6th Round

Aston Villa - A

Chelsea - A

Liverpool - H

West Brom - A

March

14334565.jpg

Swansea 1-2 QPR
(Ledley, Hoilett)

View attachment 279659

QPR 1-0 Stoke
(Ecuele Manga)

View attachment 279658

FA Cup: 6th Round

Aston Villa 3-3 QPR
(Del Piero, Cisse/2)

View attachment 279654

Chelsea 2-1 QPR
(Cisse)

View attachment 279655

QPR 2-1 Liverpool
(Park, Zamora)

View attachment 279657

FA Cup: 6th Round Replay

QPR 4-0 Aston Villa
(Zamora\3, Del Piero)

View attachment 279656

West Brom 1-3 QPR
(Zamora/3)

View attachment 279660

Another strong month with only one defeat to our local rivals Chelsea. We bounced back from the cup final defeat with a good performance at Swansea and then a nervy match against Stoke. Then we travelled to Villa Park in the Fa Cup. After Villa opened the scoring Alessandro Del Piero equalised in the 18th min. Just before half time Villa got a controversial penalty and Bannan slotted it home. I thought we were heading out of the cup when Villa went 3-1 however enter Djibril Cisse. Cisse became a supersub with a double to take the game to a replay. We then had the small matter of Chelsea. With Chelsea leading with 15mins to go I decided to throw on another forward in Djibril Cisse to grab a goal. Within 2 mins, Cisse equalised. We were defending for our lives trying to hold out for the draw only for Fernando Torres to nick a goal in the dying moments. We then rounded the month off with 3 convincing victories, also progressing to the FA Cup Semi Final.

Player of the Month
Bruno Ecuele Manga

ecuele-manga-interesse-everton.jpg

Bruno was in brilliant form this month and he was rewarded with a super goal against Stoke. Bobby Zamora was just behind.

Next Month - April

Manchester United - H

Sunderland - A

FA Cup: Semi Final
Manchester City - N

Southampton - A

Tottenham - H

Fulham - H

April

article-0-0BF2E72B00000578-105_634x421.jpg

QPR 1-1 Manchester United
(Ecuele Manga)

View attachment 279668

Sunderland 0-3 QPR
(Granero, Zamora/2)

View attachment 279671

FA Cup: Semi Final

QPR 4-1 Manchester City
(Zamora/2, Ecuele Manga/2)

View attachment 279667

Southampton 1-1 QPR
(Zamora)

View attachment 279670

QPR 0-4 Tottenham
(None)

View attachment 279669

QPR 2-0 Fulham
(Granero, Faurlin)

View attachment 279666

Our return to Wembley was much more enjoyable this time. A fantastic victory of Manchester City to reach the final to face their Manchester neighbours United. We got off to a flier until Scott Sinclair equalised then I feared the worst. But the boys never let their heads go down and kept battling away and getting 3 more goals. 2 of our most consistent players produced the goals as we progressed to the final. However our chances of winning the league was scuppered when we were hammered against league leaders Tottenham. Our players froze when we needed them. With Champions League football next year sealed, we could now focus on the FA Cup Final.

Player of the Month
Bobby Zamora/Bruno Ecuele Manga

BobbyZamoraQPR2012_2829083.jpg
bruno-ecuele-manga-2012-2-2-10-20-30.jpg

I just could not choose one. Both were absolute magnificent over the last month, with Zamora scoring 5 and Bruno scoring 3.

Next Month - May

West Ham - A

FA Cup: Final
Manchester United - N

Arsenal - A

Norwich - H