King Pep's comeback - A continuation of dominance.

TheMentalist

Reaction score
View attachment 359499

Del Bosque left to resign following stripper scandal

View attachment 359506

Vicente Del Bosque today resigned from his post as Spain manager after being photographed and underage stripper Christina Beltran in Malaga shortly after watching up and coming starlet Isco score 2 and set up 2 in a 5-0 victory against Levante on the Costa del Sol. The legend has been charged by police and will face a judge next week and could face up to 4 years in prison. The 61 year old has been in charge since after Euro 2008 and sensationally secured the 2010 World Cup trophy in South Africa and then the 2012 European Championships in Poland/Ukraine. Standing infront of La Rosaleda prison in Malaga he had the following to say.

"I would personally like to apolgise to all of the Spanish public who have followed the team since I had been in charge. You are the ones I feel I have let down most. Despite being led to believe that the girl was above the legal age limit, I should not have allowed myself to be in the situation that I got myself in. I have sinned and let down my wife, my two sons and my daughter and I ask god to forgive me. The last 4 years have been outstanding and have enjoyed every moment but I must resign from the job and I will take any punishment given to me. I ask for your forgiveness as this was not me. As a footballing force, however, I believe whoever takes charge will have an array of new and current talent waiting in the ranks that will carry him to the same or further success than I have achieved."

An emotional Del Bosque was then ordered away back inside the building in handcuffs. While the news conference broadcasted around the country, fans flurried in their thousands to the streets in a campaign to bring Josep Guardiola into the job, having his contract running out at Barcelona where he won an array of trophies throughout the 4 seasons he had there. Bookies have already haulted bets being placed on the 41 year old taking over from Del Bosque and it's widely expected that he will be appointed the new manager in the next fortnight. The press are awaiting a statement from the Spanish FA in the next few hours.

View attachment 359509

View attachment 359510

Spanish FA Statement

As a fan of the national side and myself being a very patrotic man. I believe the actions of now ex-coach Vicente Del Bosque were very unethical and it would not have been optional to keep the post open for him whether found guilty or not. It's with deep sadness that we have to agree with the resignation Vicente but this kind of behaviour has never been and never will be tolerable. However, we must remember the outstanding success that he brought to the country something no man had done before i.e win the world cup and retain the European Championships. We at the association would like to thank Vicente for his outstanding work and we would like to assure the public that we are tirelessly working to try and appoint a head coach before the start of the club football season. Finally, we would like to wish Se
ñor Del Bosque all the best in the future, and a final thank you for the great times you brought to the country.

View attachment 359520

Interesting start, good luck. I like your name I watch the mentalist show lol!

View attachment 359521

OFFICIAL: Pep Agrees to become Spain Boss

View attachment 359531 >View attachment 359535

Today, Pep Guardiola signed a 2 year contract which will see him become the manager of Spain with immediate effect. This job has damaged his plans to go to New York to improve his English, as he looks to find a dream job in the Barclays Premier League. The 41 year old was clear favourite to take over from Vicente Del Bosque, who was forced to resign after being charged having been pictured to be with an underage stripper in Malaga.

Guardiola has been a free agent only 2 months after his contract with boyhood hero's Barcelona ended after 4 outstanding seasons in charge, in that time he managed to win 14 trophies during his short time at the Camp Nou. It has not been confirmed who his first game will be against after a friendly against Colombia was cancelled a few days after the resignation of Del Bosque. In an interview with Marca he admitted it was a job he could not refuse. He said:

"After what happened with Vicente it was obvious that it had broken the hearts of the Spanish people, and the only way that they would mend would be if i took charge, It is true that one day I would love a chance to take charge of an English club and I have been approached by a few middle easter sides and 2 very interesting European offers but for now my challenge is World Cup qualification. The style of play will be very similar, well, Vicente did imitate me in the first place. But there will be some changes and I intend to bring some youth into the senior setup. This is a massive challenge for me and there is an astounding pressure on me to succeed and i must admit I am relishing it. I can't wait to get started.

View attachment 359539

View attachment 359661

World Cup Qualifying groups announced.

Today in Bern, Switzerland, the draw was made for the qualifying groups for the 2014 world cup being held in Brazil. We at the Spanish FA believe that the group drawn is in favour of us and fully expect Pep Guardiola and his team to secure qualification to the big stage.

In our group, contains one giant in France and 3 European minnows in Finland, Georgia and Belarus.

2014-World-Cup-Logo7.png

View attachment 359662View attachment 359663View attachment 359664View attachment 359665View attachment 359661

Glamour friendlies also finalised.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also today we finalised two glamour friendlies against England and Brazil.

The England match will be played at the Mestalla on the 14th of November, Tickets are priced at 30 euros for adults and for concessions tickets are priced at 12 euros.

The Brazil tie will be played on the 5th of February at the Estadi de Cornella. Tickets will be priced in closer to the tie.