TommiHelm

Reaction score
I'm in my 5th season with Man Utd and I pretty much have world class players in every position. Just for fun I decided to see how well we could do with a KISS tactic. "KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid", for those that don't know.

I set up my team like this in a 433

View attachment 326376

Just 1 team instruction: Be More Expressive

And just 1 player instruction: Shoot Less Often on everyone except GK and the 2 DC.

Set Piece instructions from Zero Sea's tactic - which are ****** amazing for attacking set pieces.

I let the assistant Jair Ventura do my opposition instructions, and made sure to update them 3-4 times every match (at half time and when the other team made subs).

I let Jair Ventura do team talks as well, but added "I have faith" on defender/midfielder/attacker after his choices pre-match and half time. Always used Calm>happy or Assertive>not happy at full time depending on result.

I used Assertive/Aggressive > Concentrate/Show Passion as team talks during matches if I felt the need.

And here are the results. Unbeaten season in the league and the Champions League.

View attachment 326377View attachment 326375

Pretty good, even with a world class squad.

Anyways, this was just a fun project to see how well we'd do with such a simple tactic. It probably wouldn't work with a less talented squad.

Are anyone else playing with this kind of strategy? Just keeping it simple?