Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Wulfio

Reaction score
I've made some kits now for some competitions (off the record, if somebody wants one made, pm me) however it seems that kit making is a matter of taste.

I mean, it's easy just to add colors to a template and a sponsor and that's it, otherwise you can play around with watermarks and other crazy stuff. However sometimes, just the plain kit wins the competition and that makes me wonder, which is the better balance between these two?

I mean, in my kit creation, I try to be as creative as possible and use the most 8-| cool watermarks which have a meaning with the club/town or history and I find it dull to just add some colors, however I can't seem to find any balance between what people actually think is a great kit and which isn't?

In the end, I'm having a blast in making kits for you all and I hope you like/appreciate my work/efforts.

horses for courses really.. i like creative kits, but i also like some plain kits too, personally.. when i am making a kit.. i am sort of 50/50..it is really dependant on what the requester wants really and how much info they give you to work with :)

ive seen some of your work and i do find it really good and creative:)
and agree its a matter of taste... certain people prefer certain styles

i make kits to request so if that means a simple recoulour job then so be it... its what they want

but aslong as people enjoymaking kits it really shouldnt matter how they do it or what they look like... aslong as they happy with what they do :D

Sometimes, when people try to be 'creative', they over complicate the kit, and make it look ****.

I prefer kits to look different from a template, but each to their own.

I agree.

A good example of a nice kit I've seen recently was Jose's Manchester City kit.Good detail,looked professional and something I,personally,would wear if I were a City fan.

Authenticity is a factor too.

I use the pen tool but kit making isn't "who can make the flashiest kit" it is more like who can make a kit that bides with tradition but also looks good, sometimes this can just simply be a retro kit.

TBh I prefer plain retro kits that kits with numerous designs and watermarks

Status
Not open for further replies.